Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Snapchap on August 05, 2021, 10:49:57 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 05, 2021, 10:45:51 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on August 04, 2021, 10:49:36 PM
Hearing there were many more who had tested positive before the Monaghan game ! Tyrone were down to bare bones in training ! Post match celebrations can't have helped situation though hard to avoid

I heard McGeary had his positive test result written on his arm and kept showing it to the Monaghan players.

Well if an anonymous contributor on a web forum heard it from another anonymous source, I suppose it must be true then.
Maybe my sarcasm didn't come through.

Must try harder.....,
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tyrone08

Quote from: the_daddy on August 05, 2021, 10:51:06 AM
Hearing there were many more who had tested positive before the Monaghan game ! Tyrone were down to bare bones in training ! Post match celebrations can't have helped situation though hard to avoid

I heard McGeary had his positive test result written on his arm and kept showing it to the Monaghan players.

Well if an anonymous contributor on a web forum heard it from another anonymous source, I suppose it must be true then.

Only if it came from a forwarded message on WhatsApp

Yeah I completely believe that a player who risk a suspension and a huge backlash by going round telling opposition players he had covid. Unreal stuff that people believe, but like the time the rumour was going round that Steve o'neill poisoned a kerry player.

Snapchap

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 05, 2021, 10:52:28 AM

Must try harder.....,

Ditto

trueblue1234

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 05, 2021, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: the_daddy on August 05, 2021, 10:51:06 AM

Only if it came from a forwarded message on WhatsApp

Yeah I completely believe that a player who risk a suspension and a huge backlash by going round telling opposition players he had covid. Unreal stuff that people believe, but like the time the rumour was going round that Steve o'neill poisoned a kerry player.

Ahh jebus this is going to grow legs!! 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

the goal was on

To clarify I heard that players had covid in lead up to game, never said anything about playing . I assumed these players had covid week after Donegal game and missed training in lead up to game .

Rawhide

I guess not many on this board have had covid and play. One of our family members had covid, literally nothing of note other than a sniffle for a few days. Even with having literally nothing of obvious to note it took two weeks before he/she was running at the level he/she was used to. Infact any player I know who has had covid irrespective of how bad they got it, all reported the same thing, at least two weeks before they could run normally with breathing. So you can be assured any player who had covid in the week prior to that game would not have been playing at that level, as they couldn't.
cccc is a true supporter lol

LeoMc

Quote from: Snapchap on August 05, 2021, 10:54:53 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 05, 2021, 10:52:28 AM

Must try harder.....,

Ditto
Don't, if you have to spell it out for the hard of thinking it loses its value and the rest of us don't get to laugh at the Pearl clutchers.

rrhf

such a load of libellous rubbish...

Club boi

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 02, 2021, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 02, 2021, 04:25:46 PM
Quote from: kickitin on August 02, 2021, 04:00:53 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 02, 2021, 03:51:27 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 02, 2021, 11:19:33 AM
A few musings.

We were very good in the first half but Monaghan lacked intensity and Tyrone players had time to run and break lines. The Monaghan game plan was all about stopping McCurry. Two men marshalling him at all times. Problem is it left space for others. Even though McCurry was well marked he kept them busy with intelligent runs and game play.

Monaghan of course were a different animal in 2nd half. Pushing up and squeezing Tyrone. Tyrone didn't have many answers, but kicking it long was an option that nearly provided a few goal chances. This will be good practice for what Kerry will do.

The Goalkeeping one is interesting. Morgan and Beggan occupying the space was a great tactic. Morgan for the most part had a very good game, but missing two very similar 45s was criminal. His KOs were for the most part very good and helped to keep ball well at the end to see out the game.
Frees. Anything in McCurry range left or right he should take. Donnelly and McShane missed two very scoreable frees. At this level those are critical. That's 4 points that we can't afford to really give up.

McShane obviously rusty. Felt he was just too casual. He needs to sharpen up.
McGeary had another great game, Logan and Dooher have obviously turned him into a footballer.
Meyler gets through lots of work, but again his footballing skills are lacking. Some poor decisions and passes. He must offer more.
Sludden was brilliant. A real attacking HB with great energy.
Two MFs did well and Tyrone probably edged that battle.
McCurry was fantastic. Marked within an inch of his life he kept them constantly guessing. A real Rolls Royce player.
McKenna and Harte were both quiet. Hoping we get more out of them next time.

There is a lot of positives. Winning an Ulster in their 1st year is a great achievement for this management team. Beat the two other best sides on the way.
They did play a lot of good football. I've enjoyed watching them evolve and get better. Will we win an AI? Probably not but we're playing with a bit more jizz and it's great change from the previous regime.

McCurry missed a very scoreable free too yesterday and has missed them in the past also.

i hope you're not referring to his effort which was from outside the 45 out of the hands on his weaker side.. as that definitely wasn't a scoreable one and if only Morgan had his shooting boots on that would've been perfect range for what should've been his 3rd point, stick Beggan in that Tyrone team and we're guaranteed another 3/4 points a game

McKenna was awful on Saturday in my opinion, he just didn't look like he knew what to do or what his role was. would love to see Canavan come in vs Kerry, can see him doing damage, there's 1 position up for grabs already with Michael o'neill definitely (finally) losing his place. would love to see Richie in around midfield as i feel like we are lacking experience in there, definitely a few positions up for grabs in the semi final, managers have some thinking to do now, game is there to be won if we perform to our capabilities and frustrate Kerry

Finally Scruffy Oneill seems to have lost his spot. Has been holding Tyrone back past couple of years. Player with zero talent and awareness. Good riddance.
Catch yourself on you absolute pr!ck.

+ 1

Mc Geary has been excellent, I almost take back what I said about him

nrico2006

Quote from: kickitin on August 02, 2021, 04:27:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 02, 2021, 04:25:27 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 02, 2021, 03:51:27 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 02, 2021, 11:19:33 AM
A few musings.

We were very good in the first half but Monaghan lacked intensity and Tyrone players had time to run and break lines. The Monaghan game plan was all about stopping McCurry. Two men marshalling him at all times. Problem is it left space for others. Even though McCurry was well marked he kept them busy with intelligent runs and game play.

Monaghan of course were a different animal in 2nd half. Pushing up and squeezing Tyrone. Tyrone didn't have many answers, but kicking it long was an option that nearly provided a few goal chances. This will be good practice for what Kerry will do.

The Goalkeeping one is interesting. Morgan and Beggan occupying the space was a great tactic. Morgan for the most part had a very good game, but missing two very similar 45s was criminal. His KOs were for the most part very good and helped to keep ball well at the end to see out the game.
Frees. Anything in McCurry range left or right he should take. Donnelly and McShane missed two very scoreable frees. At this level those are critical. That's 4 points that we can't afford to really give up.

McShane obviously rusty. Felt he was just too casual. He needs to sharpen up.
McGeary had another great game, Logan and Dooher have obviously turned him into a footballer.
Meyler gets through lots of work, but again his footballing skills are lacking. Some poor decisions and passes. He must offer more.
Sludden was brilliant. A real attacking HB with great energy.
Two MFs did well and Tyrone probably edged that battle.
McCurry was fantastic. Marked within an inch of his life he kept them constantly guessing. A real Rolls Royce player.
McKenna and Harte were both quiet. Hoping we get more out of them next time.

There is a lot of positives. Winning an Ulster in their 1st year is a great achievement for this management team. Beat the two other best sides on the way.
They did play a lot of good football. I've enjoyed watching them evolve and get better. Will we win an AI? Probably not but we're playing with a bit more jizz and it's great change from the previous regime.

McCurry missed a very scoreable free too yesterday and has missed them in the past also.

I honestly can't remember him missing one.

was just before half time i think, outside 45 just on the right hand side, hit it high & wide, definitely not scoreable for a forward out of the hands, but scoreable for Morgan if he had more confidence
Was just before half time, pretty central on the 45. Definitely very scoreable for a forward but was missed. Morgan missed a similar one not long after.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Onthe40

What's going on with Derrytresk? Blazing a trail first 6-7 games in junior, top of table, now on a downward spiral. Serious hammering last nite..

Under Lights

Quote from: Onthe40 on August 07, 2021, 08:26:21 AM
What's going on with Derrytresk? Blazing a trail first 6-7 games in junior, top of table, now on a downward spiral. Serious hammering last nite..

Niall Gavin got injured. Out for season

Jim Bob

Hearing  whole Tyrone team being tested for Covid this morning ....

NotedObserver

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 07, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

What happens if most players out? Can they postpone or is it play or concede?

GlenMan

Quote from: NotedObserver on August 07, 2021, 10:50:35 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 07, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

What happens if most players out? Can they postpone or is it play or concede?

Postponed. Croke Park set the precedent with the All Ireland u20 final.