Galway v Tyrone Pearse Stadium 20/5/23 at 5:15pm

Started by Blowitupref, May 17, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Four championship defeats in a row for Tyrone now and have conceded 4-67. 

Wolfetones

Quote from: Manning18 on May 20, 2023, 07:23:43 PM
Tyrone giving out about Gough is some laugh. McCurry scored 4 frees from the exact same position in the second half. One of the four was a foul

Aside from that, a poor Galway performance. Only Conroy and Sweeney excelled. Mountains to work on

Best team on the day won without doubt, game was effectively over when Burns had a brain fart. Its the inconsistencies that grates with Gough. Tyrone should have had another black and Galway should have had a red and 2 blacks. What was a foul one minute wasn't blown the next.

galwayman

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 20, 2023, 07:25:54 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on May 20, 2023, 07:19:18 PM
Tyrone did well there. They had the high press working well near the end and I'd say there were a few soiled Galway pants come full time. Wasn't impressed with Galway at all. A lot of dodgy tackles and cynicism (Gough assisted)when they could have been out the gap had they stuck to their game. And they were goal shy when that's Tyrone's weak spot. Don't see all-irelands coming to either team but Tyrone have a serious bench if they can get them up to speed in the next few games.
[/quote
Agreed. Not many refs will allow the off the ball fouling Galway got away with.
Ye are some laugh lads. Talking about off the ball fouling. Were any of ye actually at the game by any chance to see all of this supposed off the ball fouling?

galwayman

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 20, 2023, 07:16:35 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 20, 2023, 07:02:47 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 20, 2023, 06:58:28 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 20, 2023, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 20, 2023, 06:54:01 PM
Ironically tyrone will be happier. AI potentials Galway barley put away a 14 man poor tyrone team for majority of the game.

I don't get this? Tyrone were never in that game. Galway were always keeping Tyrone at arms length. Thought Tyrone were poor. Defence is open down the middle. Glaring issues haven't been addressed.

😂 So a 15 man Galway who were playing against a wide open defence only had 1 score in it at the end

A soaked sodden pitch, real ambush conditions, but Galway get the 2 points and are up and running, in full control of that game, but Tyrone will be happier. Gotcha

Or a team talked as genuine ai contenders play a 14 man poor team coming in on back of 3 championship defeats, getting majority of decisions and win by 3 points.

Do you honestly think Galway will be happy with that performance? Tyrone on the other hand were never expected to win it and got game to within 3 points with 14 men
You seem slightly bitter chief.
So are you actually saying it was an achievement to get to within three points of a Galway team who played poorly on the day?
Galway won't be happy with the performance at all but will take the win and move on

clarshack

Quote from: screenexile on May 20, 2023, 07:07:55 PM
Bound to be some history in the fact Tyrone have lost 4 consecutive championship matches since winning the All Ireland.

Has this ever happened before??

Tbf we have played Derry, Armagh, Monaghan and Galway, not as if we have got some handy ones such as Tipperary and Clare like Kerry have done.

GalwayBayBoy

Wasn't much wind but hard to explain just how slippy the pitch got after it got a dump of rain on it just before the game. Lads slipping and sliding, ball like a bar of soap and players dropping shots short as they weren't sure of their footing. Gough got the red card right in fairness. It was a pretty poor hit on an unprotected player. How he ignored the 3rd man hit on Tierney mid way through the 2nd half is mind boggling. It was right in front of him. He's a very strange ref at times.

Wolfetones

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 20, 2023, 07:33:39 PM
Wasn't much wind but hard to explain just how slippy the pitch got after it got a dump of rain on it just before the game. Lads slipping and sliding, ball like a bar of soap and players dropping shots short as they weren't sure of their footing. Gough got the red card right in fairness. It was a pretty poor hit on an unprotected player. How he ignored the 3rd man hit on Tierney mid way through the 2nd half is mind boggling. It was right in front of him. He's a very strange ref at times.

He actually put his hands out to signal play on. It was a clear black card. 

bennydorano

Galway were poor but never looked in any real danger. The conditions certainly didn't help anybody, but Galway looked constricted by their system, no adventure even with an xtra man or 2. Tyrone will be happy enough I'd imagine but they're in the pack with the other AI dreamers.

There'll be bite to the Tyrone v Armagh game as the thought of Kerry will concentrate minds, but avoid Kerry and its a big so what. It is all going to be balls until the QFs

NotedObserver

Quote from: clarshack on May 20, 2023, 07:31:50 PM
Bound to be some history in the fact Tyrone have lost 4 consecutive championship matches since winning the All Ireland.

Tbf we have played Derry, Armagh, Monaghan and Galway, not as if we have got some handy ones such as Tipperary and Clare like Kerry have done.

Last gasp goal in one. And 14 men for most of the games in the other. Sums up Tyrone atm - a bit messy

tyrone08

Quote from: galwayman on May 20, 2023, 07:30:38 PM
Ironically tyrone will be happier. AI potentials Galway barley put away a 14 man poor tyrone team for majority of the game.

I don't get this? Tyrone were never in that game. Galway were always keeping Tyrone at arms length. Thought Tyrone were poor. Defence is open down the middle. Glaring issues haven't been addressed.

😂 So a 15 man Galway who were playing against a wide open defence only had 1 score in it at the end

A soaked sodden pitch, real ambush conditions, but Galway get the 2 points and are up and running, in full control of that game, but Tyrone will be happier. Gotcha

Or a team talked as genuine ai contenders play a 14 man poor team coming in on back of 3 championship defeats, getting majority of decisions and win by 3 points.

Do you honestly think Galway will be happy with that performance? Tyrone on the other hand were never expected to win it and got game to within 3 points with 14 men
So are you actually saying it was an achievement to get to within three points of a Galway team who played poorly on the day?
Galway won't be happy with the performance at all but will take the win and move on

How can I be bitter. Better team won, that's exactly what I said Galway won't be happy. As said before no one expected tyrone to win and to stay within 3 points is a good result for tyrone all things considering. Tyrone will be happy coming within 3 points and losing 2 men at different parts of the game all things considering. No one is expecting or tipping tyrone to achieve anything this year.

Whishtup

Quote from: Manning18 on May 20, 2023, 07:23:43 PM
Tyrone giving out about Gough is some laugh. McCurry scored 4 frees from the exact same position in the second half. One of the four was a foul

Aside from that, a poor Galway performance. Only Conroy and Sweeney excelled. Mountains to work on
No Galway players giving out about these. They were happy to concede frees to avoid goal chances. Probably a good enough call by the Galway players. But they got away with a lot in the first half. Definite free not given after goal chance near the end. Galway's tackle discipline was poor. Tyrone's pretty good bar Burns' clatter. Even enough teams.

trueblue1234

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 20, 2023, 07:47:50 PM
Quote from: galwayman on May 20, 2023, 07:30:38 PM

How can I be bitter. Better team won, that's exactly what I said Galway won't be happy. As said before no one expected tyrone to win and to stay within 3 points is a good result for tyrone all things considering. Tyrone will be happy coming within 3 points and losing 2 men at different parts of the game all things considering. No one is expecting or tipping tyrone to achieve anything this year.

I don't know how you'd be happy with that for Tyrone. We were never in it. We battled away, but never got within touching distance.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

An Fhairche Abu

Brutal conditions, red card ruined it as a contest but there can be no dispute that it was a red either.
Gough with his usual look at me style, dread when I see him assigned to a match, Tyrone will rightfully be sore at some calls but to be fair there was some crazy stuff against Galway as well. The non black card for the Tierney block and a couple of ridiculous frees for nothing that were pointed in the second half.

Galway won't be happy with the performance, wasn't great but important thing is the win, I was fearful of a Tyrone ambush and Galway survived, albeit while not impressing. Only team that impressed today was Mayo, best on show by a distance, Tyrone at least showed some serious resilience and fight, if Mayo took their goal chances Kerry would have been bet out the gate.
Loads to work on for the Westmeath game for Galway, hope Jack Glynn isn't seriously hurt and can return to the team.
The best of luck to Tyrone moving forward in the competition until we perhaps meet again.

Rois

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 20, 2023, 07:19:47 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 20, 2023, 07:16:26 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 20, 2023, 07:14:36 PM

Hasn't happened to Tyrone anyway, they beat Fermanagh in their first game in Ulster last year.

😂😂 fair enough I forgot about that massive victory!!!

Important to get your facts right when trolling!
😂 Tyrone's biggest troll, and I don't usually pick up on these things.

Wildweasel74

One thing I notice, like the Ulster final last week, everybody giving out about refs, now taking bias out of the way, we can't all be wrong. I watched one of the minor games today and the lack of giving frees for obvious fouls and trying to keep a game tight was mysterious in trying to work what goes through a refs head.