Galway v Tyrone Pearse Stadium 20/5/23 at 5:15pm

Started by Blowitupref, May 17, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Burns red a total joke. Wouldnt even say it was a free.

markl121

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 22, 2023, 07:17:58 AM

You must play in a brutal division
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Are you joking?

GAA I'd say will be clamping down on any type of head shots.

There'll be zero tolerance on it.  That'll cut any grey areas out.

RedHand88

I think you've got the reaction you were after.

Maroon Manc

Tyrone scored 7 points out of their 13 points from frees whilst Galway scored 4 out of their 16 points from frees, fairly dispels a few myths. Morgan was very reckless with his high foot/knee, if that happens anywhere else on the pitch its a yellow card minimum. No idea what he said to Gough but he had run a fair distance to get too him and if any ref is going to give a black card for that its Gough. I'm not a fan of the way Gough refs a match either but he was bad for both teams on Saturday.

Though Galway were poor enough and never really got going, what part the sending off played in that we'll never know but anytime Tyrone got close Galway seemed very at ease getting a score at the other end; Tyrone at times found space in the Galway half far too easily which disappointed me.

Lets hope Glynn didn't fracture his draw and McHugh's injury wasn't serious, Galway have a lot of defenders missing already.

Derryman forever

I had to keep reminding myself that it was Tyrone and not Galway that were a man down.
Tyrone really worked hard, and a couple of lucky breaks would have seen a different result.

I must go and do penance for that.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 22, 2023, 10:07:33 AM
I had to keep reminding myself that it was Tyrone and not Galway that were a man down.
Tyrone really worked hard, and a couple of lucky breaks would have seen a different result.

I must go and do penance for that.

It's okay Derry will be more worried about the form of Galway than they of this version of Tyrone

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Whishtup on May 21, 2023, 12:55:54 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 21, 2023, 11:40:55 AM
Getting into whinge territory now, only reason Tyrone lost was the ref.
Cue the gaslight brigade.  Galway were just about worthy winners and even without the red card, I think they would have got over the line. But we have to call out poor decisions and lazy reporting.
I would have the red card as a major factor, the main reason Tyrone lost was that crazy "tackle". Galway were not going well Saturday and were distinctly unimpressive in general. Had Tyrone kept 15 on the pitch they could have easily got at least a draw if not better from the game.
You can take a running jump with your "gaslight brigade" drivel though, I don't appreciate any of the connotations, wherever you are trying to go with it.

I have been on this platform for over 20 years and whilst I respect differing views, reading some of the stuff over the last few pages the tenor of the posts was distantly veering into "Gough rode us sideways and gave the opposition everything" side of things. I've no issue with complaints about the referee (and certainly not Gough) but the tone of the posts was the Gough was brutal hard on Tyrone to the point where it decided the game or that past dealings with Gough meant that Tyrone were at some disadvantage that Galway didn't have to deal with. There is no debate on the red. The black for Morgan is one thing and was harsh undoubtedly in light of what goes on in every match, but trying to bring some form of a false equivalence with Ian Burke's tackle to the Burns red, or to the couple of first half incidents while Galway were on the attack that were hardly frees at all, not to mind allegedly black cards, is laughable. Some of the pointed Tyrone 2nd half frees, which as Manning18 has rightly pointed out, were frees that were soft as f**k. The Daly one in particular was a joke of the highest order. The clearest black card offence of the day happened to Tierney directly in front of Gough and he did nothing.

You can complain about Gough all ye want but when someone calls out what sounds like whinging as whinging, don't be coming with out with this "gaslight" bullshit.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 22, 2023, 10:51:20 AM
Cue the gaslight brigade.  Galway were just about worthy winners and even without the red card, I think they would have got over the line. But we have to call out poor decisions and lazy reporting.
I would have the red card as a major factor, the main reason Tyrone lost was that crazy "tackle". Galway were not going well Saturday and were distinctly unimpressive in general. Had Tyrone kept 15 on the pitch they could have easily got at least a draw if not better from the game.
You can take a running jump with your "gaslight brigade" drivel though, I don't appreciate any of the connotations, wherever you are trying to go with it.

I have been on this platform for over 20 years and whilst I respect differing views, reading some of the stuff over the last few pages the tenor of the posts was distantly veering into "Gough rode us sideways and gave the opposition everything" side of things. I've no issue with complaints about the referee (and certainly not Gough) but the tone of the posts was the Gough was brutal hard on Tyrone to the point where it decided the game or that past dealings with Gough meant that Tyrone were at some disadvantage that Galway didn't have to deal with. There is no debate on the red. The black for Morgan is one thing and was harsh undoubtedly in light of what goes on in every match, but trying to bring some form of a false equivalence with Ian Burke's tackle to the Burns red, or to the couple of first half incidents while Galway were on the attack that were hardly frees at all, not to mind allegedly black cards, is laughable. Some of the pointed Tyrone 2nd half frees, which as Manning18 has rightly pointed out, were frees that were soft as f**k. The Daly one in particular was a joke of the highest order. The clearest black card offence of the day happened to Tierney directly in front of Gough and he did nothing.

You can complain about Gough all ye want but when someone calls out what sounds like whinging as whinging, don't be coming with out with this "gaslight" bullshit.

If we are talking about protecting players is that tackle of Burke's not a borderline red too? The tv cameras were far away but at game it was a dangerous heavy tackle around the neck. I thought something was brought out a few years ago to try and cut these type of challenges out.

Sonny Joe

Not is was not. If you think thats a red your not well.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 22, 2023, 11:12:18 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 22, 2023, 10:51:20 AM

If we are talking about protecting players is that tackle of Burke's not a borderline red too? The tv cameras were far away but at game it was a dangerous heavy tackle around the neck. I thought something was brought out a few years ago to try and cut these type of challenges out.
No I didn't think it was a red at the time, watched it back there would have thought a yellow card was sufficient. Would have been a really harsh red if given and I wonder would it have been shouted for so vociferously if both sides were still at 15 each? It's nowhere near equivalent to the Burns red in any case.

https://twitter.com/MatadorIrish/status/1660573514150100993?s=20
This nonsense on Twitter seems to be the vibe from Tyrone "die hards" by the looks of it, I thought Tyrone were better than the likes of this but clearly I was wrong. You'd swear this was a Cormac Reilly 2014-esque ref performance or something. Maybe better to blame the ref for all current ills rather than wonder why a result, even with numerical disadvantage, couldn't be got against opposition that really underperformed and played one of their worst games so far this year.

CK_Redhand

A vocal minority are saying the ref was bad. It happens after every tyrone game; win, lose or draw. I personally thought he was OK. The strangest decisions were the frees for blocking off the ball runners (inconsistently applied).

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: marty34 on May 22, 2023, 07:34:05 AM

Are you joking?

GAA I'd say will be clamping down on any type of head shots.

There'll be zero tolerance on it.  That'll cut any grey areas out.

I'd love to know under what rule Frank Burns was sent off for breaking.

Redhand Santa

There was some strange decisions in open play but wouldn't have said he was overly biased against Tyrone. But I do think he's quick with the cards for Tyrone - that Morgan black card was a joke. I don't think Burke's was a red personally but if you are making a case about protecting players then neck tackles are extremely dangerous.