Paul Galvin retires

Started by rrhf, January 11, 2016, 06:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I see Paul Is putting a nail in them. He brought a commitment and honesty to kerry football over the last 15 years.  Who can forget as he openly wept when he achieved the great backdoor victory over Tyrone in killarney.

seafoid

an interesting character and good for interviews. A pity he never bate throne in an AIF
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2016, 07:40:10 AM
an interesting character and good for interviews. A pity he never bate throne in an AIF

Tis an awful pity he didn't bate Throne but his 4 Celtic Crosses no doubt ease his pain!

AZOffaly

And marrying Louise Duffy over the Christmas should help too. She wasn't long putting her foot down :)

No wides

I assume a long and detailed explanation on why he retired will be published over the coming days to satisfy the T Fearon and other "fans".

BennyHarp

Quote from: No wides on January 11, 2016, 09:56:18 AM
I assume a long and detailed explanation on why he retired will be published over the coming days to satisfy the T Fearon and other "fans".

Should he be allowed to retire?
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

He's let the Kerry fans down badly.

general_lee

Funny he reminds me of JC in terms of their interests off the pitch...

Getting married AND retiring. Good luck Paul lol.

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 11, 2016, 09:09:26 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2016, 07:40:10 AM

Tis an awful pity he didn't bate Throne but his 4 Celtic Crosses no doubt ease his pain!
Something pathetic about the Green and gold celebrating a playoff win. Even the Rossies would be underwhelmed. But Kerry????

seafoid

Also Kerry's strike rate during his career was poor. Mayo made it look good but both Tyrone and the Dubs humiliated Kerry regularly.

From the Bunker

Even got himself a memento jersey!  :P

thejuice

Fair play to him, great player and very consistent until the more recent years. He's his own man so to speak (ok he's married now) and fair play to him for that. Wish him all the best in future endeavors even if I'm not sure about his clothing range that I saw in Dunnes over the Christmas.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 11, 2016, 04:27:30 PM
Even got himself a memento jersey!  :P

Paul's a fashionable man, of course he'd want a Hunky Dory Tyrone jersey ;)
Testing Accessibility

sligoman2

Can't remember the year 2009 maybe when we lost to Kerry in the backdoor by a point. David kelly had a penalty saved.  Without galvin that day Kerry would have definitely lost.

Wish him well in his retirement
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Main Street

For a teacher, he had a poor shot with the duster but I wouldn't hold that against him.
He was simply a brilliant player for the best team in the country, though sadly injuries curtailed any typical impact from him in his last campaign with Kerry.