Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshine

Quote from: Localexpert on August 13, 2020, 09:15:27 PM
Wow after the crap year what a great night against our dear rivals.  4 championship wins in a row now for us and they still continue to go with the big money outside men wonder will they change it up now?

Didn't get a ticket to the game but thankfully got through a hole in the fence that appeared last night.  Heard Stevey mcdoll$r tell the lads during his motivational one at the end they'll be training again at the weekend, but I suppose his contract is by the hour so he'll definitely be first on the field last to leave.

Anyway plenty of time for the speaking now https://www.stevenmcdonnell.ie

So was there more than 400 in attendance localexpert definitely looked and sounded like it on tv. I say quite a few more holes will appear in fences over the weekend

Club boi

Quote from: ONeill on August 13, 2020, 09:27:35 PM
Still some football in Plunkett Kane.

Probably MOTM for me. Always attacks and scores every time I seen him play

Good to see Local Expert back to try and wind up the neighbours, didnt realise thats now 4 Championship wins in a row for your lot

Better team won, margin of victory was generous for Clonoe, Fianna should've won that by 6-7 and cruised home

square_ball

You had to be a member to get a ticket in the fianna draw so that ruled out Local Expert.

Fianna be hard to beat this year. They looked very good at times.

Localexpert

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2020, 09:32:40 PM
For 2 lads that played little to no county football, he & McNally must be among the best players in Tyrone club football in the last decade.

Absolute travesty those 2 lads got less chances than some of the duds from ballygawley

Localexpert

Quote from: Moonshine on August 13, 2020, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 13, 2020, 09:15:27 PM
Wow after the crap year what a great night against our dear rivals.  4 championship wins in a row now for us and they still continue to go with the big money outside men wonder will they change it up now?

Didn't get a ticket to the game but thankfully got through a hole in the fence that appeared last night.  Heard Stevey mcdoll$r tell the lads during his motivational one at the end they'll be training again at the weekend, but I suppose his contract is by the hour so he'll definitely be first on the field last to leave.

Anyway plenty of time for the speaking now https://www.stevenmcdonnell.ie

So was there more than 400 in attendance localexpert definitely looked and sounded like it on tv. I say quite a few more holes will appear in fences over the weekend

The camera faced out from the steps for a reason.  The whole step side was full and people from every club in East tyrone were at it ..... wherever they got the tickets from i don't know  ::)

tyrone08

Quote from: Localexpert on August 13, 2020, 10:34:17 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2020, 09:32:40 PM
For 2 lads that played little to no county football, he & McNally must be among the best players in Tyrone club football in the last decade.

Absolute travesty those 2 lads got less chances than some of the duds from ballygawley

Have to agree. Given the amount of poor performers tyrone have went through out the years how have those lads never got a fair craic at it is beyond me.

OurKid

Some win today for the island. Clonoe over the hill at this stage , Coalisland might build a statue of Plunket Kane. A county championship on the brink maybe , hopefully Tiernan McCann is off the sun beds as well.

Tyrone95

Call me biased but I've a feeling Carmen will prevail by 2/3 points this evening!! Daly should have the right men assigned to Killycloghers 4/5 danger men - not much else down the flanks. Expecting a massive battle and I do know it could swing either way.

Pearse Blue

Took a break from the internet there for a while but I couldn't resist the urge on here for the Championship.

Best week of the year.

Great game last night, was everything I expected, hard hitting good football. Island clearly the team on top down there though..

Predictions for the rest of the games?

skeog

Carmen putting out rumours of a couple of major absentees due to dodgy hamstrings.

tyronerebel

Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 14, 2020, 08:31:23 AM
Took a break from the internet there for a while but I couldn't resist the urge on here for the Championship.

Best week of the year.

Great game last night, was everything I expected, hard hitting good football. Island clearly the team on top down there though..

Predictions for the rest of the games?

The Island cruising in my opinion last night just there win and get out without injuries. There will be a few more hard hitters over the weekend.

Moy v Derrylaughan
Galbally v Trillick
Killyclogher v Carrickmore
Loughmacrory v Dungannon
Ardboe v Donaghmore
Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy
Omagh v Dromore

ANON2018

Genuine question, why have Drumquin struggled for numbers over the last decade?

Goals_Will_Come

Coalisland looked very good. Plunkett Kane and Stephen McNally still driving the team forward, two outstanding club players over the last 10 15 years. Sets them up for a semi final rematch with Trillick, with the likely winner coming from that tie.
Out of the remaining games, I would be only confident in calling Trillick, Errigal and Dungannon as winners. Rest of the games could go either way.
Moy v Derrylaughan - think theyve more scoring options and experience in the Cavanaghs, Loughran and Conroy to get them over the line.
Galbally v Trillick - think Galbally will ask them plenty of questions but the experience and spread of scoring options will get trillick through.
Killyclogher v Carrickmore - a tight one, a fully fit carrickmore would fancy their chances but with killyclogher team going well and the county players in good form added to Carrickmores injuries I think Killyclogher will edge it.
Loughmacrory v Dungannon - Dungannon appear in a good position for a strong run at the championship this year. As long as they aren't already looking at a Quarter or Semi final they should get over Loughmacrory.
Ardboe v Donaghmore - Arboe have performed poorly in the championship in the last decade and havent started the league well. Donaghmore a good young team, shouldve beat Killyclogher last year will fancy claiming a scalp in Ardboe.
Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy - Loss of McAnenly, Canavan and Peter Og McCartan are losses which will hurt their chances of winning the whole thing. But have plenty of good replacements in their squad to beat Pomeroy with a few points to spare.
Omagh v Dromore - surprised the bookies making Dromore favourites in what is really a 5050 game. Both teams not where they want to be. Think Omagh will win because theyve a better idea of what their best 15 is, whereas Dromore have done a lot of chopping and changing and haven't got a settled team. Emmet McNabb a big loss to Dromore who might struggle for scores without him.

Tyrone95

Moy v Derrylaughan - Derrylaughan to edge this one in a close contest - was up in Moy last weekend and the Moy fell apart in 2nd half. Colm cav will be a major asset coming back though
Galbally v Trillick - Galbally to run them tight in the early stages but the Trillick machine to prevail in the 2nd half.. They are drilled like robots
Killyclogher v Carrickmore - Up for debate but I think (hope) we will have enough fire power to handle KC main men and push our selves over the line.. Gormley instrumental still and will show it
Loughmacrory v Dungannon - By a landslide I think. Young and tough LMC side but just that year or 2 too early to compete with the bigger teams.
Ardboe v Donaghmore - Ardboe are a notorious championship side and should lift it putting league form behind them - 3 pt victory
Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy - Errigal by 5 or 6 - Pomeroy as shown before are capable of mixing with errigal and the likes but still fancy EC to have too much
Omagh v Dromore - Draw written all over this one. Tie of the weekend

clarshack

Moy v Derrylaughan
Galbally v Trillick
Killyclogher v Carrickmore
Loughmacrory v Dungannon
Ardboe v Donaghmore
Errigal Ciaran v Pomeroy
Omagh v Dromore

Trillick were poor against Derrylaughan recently so could be for the taking.
Ardboe are a different animal come championship therefore fancy them to beat Donaghmore.
Fianna will win the whole thing comfortable enough imo.