Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Fitness was a big factor Sunday we just weren't used to that pace of football but we did well for 30 minutes very well infact.

Brody and Begley were the standout players and I was proud of the team.

The best support they have got in a long long time as well was a great atmosphere up there when Kingston kicked them two points in the first half the roar was unreal !

Bring on the super 8s we might loose every game but waht an experience and what a chance to creat history ...Would love to see Kerry up here in Portlaoise!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 26, 2018, 10:14:38 AM
Fitness was a big factor Sunday we just weren't used to that pace of football but we did well for 30 minutes very well infact.

The best support they have got in a long long time as well was a great atmosphere up there when Kingston kicked them two points in the first half the roar was unreal !

Bring on the super 8s we might loose every game but waht an experience and what a chance to creat history ...Would love to see Kerry up here in Portlaoise!

Gareth Dillon was outstanding.

Truth be told, no Laois man left us down on Sunday. We should be very proud of them all. We're not at their level, I fear no one is at present, but we've a lot to work on, and a lot of reasons to feel better about ourselves. If you meet a Laois player this week, tell them as much.

High Fielder

Conleths has a 9 or 10,000 capacity and sometimes you can't always get tickets for an event. The Kildare players want this and Health and Safety isn't an issue. Some big teams in England often play in grounds with small capacities and not a word about it. The GAA are dictators and just squeezing every last buck out of it. We rolled over and got our bellies tickled over Nowlan Park and I say fair play to Kildare.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on June 26, 2018, 10:36:06 AM
Conleths has a 9 or 10,000 capacity and sometimes you can't always get tickets for an event. The Kildare players want this and Health and Safety isn't an issue. Some big teams in England often play in grounds with small capacities and not a word about it. The GAA are dictators and just squeezing every last buck out of it. We rolled over and got our bellies tickled over Nowlan Park and I say fair play to Kildare.
Excuse me, but we didn't roll over. We challenged it at every channel available to us. Every county in Leinster voted against us and fucked us over. Kildare were one of those counties that turned a blind eye to us and voted with the Leinster Council.

Lets see how this plays out for Kildare before commending them for biting off the hand that feeds them.

Meanwhile, Kildare GAA should be asked, why is their ground such a kip. We had an 18,000 stadium, we had reason to be aggrieved.

Laoiseabu

No one is at there level???? Kerry might have something to say bout that and Mayo should of beaten them in the last two all Ireland's so they are not far ahead of a few up there . Also Galway drew with them in the league and should of won , then narrowly lost to them by a few points in the league final.Think Monaghan bet them in the league . I expect a few teams to really really push them this year and maybe even catch them.

High Fielder

We played the game. We buckled. Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right. Hopefully we get to another Leinster final and our boys have the stones to ask can it be played in Portlaoise. I see your points about the bailout etc Don but that's not really the issue just now.

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on June 26, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
No one is at there level???? Kerry might have something to say bout that and Mayo should of beaten them in the last two all Ireland's so they are not far ahead of a few up there . Also Galway drew with them in the league and should of won , then narrowly lost to them by a few points in the league final.Think Monaghan bet them in the league . I expect a few teams to really really push them this year and maybe even catch them.
Kerry will be at their level when they beat them in Championship and not before.

Mayo shoulda woulda coulda bulled their mothers, they never got over the line.

League means nothing.

Pushing them is grand, we pushed them for 35 minutes. Losers bitch and moan, winners go home and f**k the prom queen.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on June 26, 2018, 10:48:20 AM
We played the game. We buckled. Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right. Hopefully we get to another Leinster final and our boys have the stones to ask can it be played in Portlaoise. I see your points about the bailout etc Don but that's not really the issue just now.
We buckled because we were on our own. We buckled because every County in Leinster fucked us over and turned the other way. Kildare may think they have public on their side, but that will mean f**k all in the long run. They'll take their hush money later in the week, and Cian O Neill will be pissed off he let the distraction get to his players.

High Fielder

Maybe so and deep down I'm guessing that's how it will pan out. But maybe this is something worth fighting for and taking it as far as it goes. There is no legal obligation on Kildare (so far) to play in Croke Park and there wasn't on us to play in Kilkenny. The GAA will be embarrassed and humbled by a no show and they have needed that jolt for a long time

OTF

I'd give them some chance against the winners of Armagh and Clare and that would be a good measure of how far we've come and of the others IMO no chance

High Fielder

You were right about the hush money Don. Sean Kelly proposing it as compensation. I have to say that would steel my resolve even further

Anyway, I've interrupted this thread enough. Apologies to all

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on June 26, 2018, 11:00:38 AM
Maybe so and deep down I'm guessing that's how it will pan out. But maybe this is something worth fighting for and taking it as far as it goes. There is no legal obligation on Kildare (so far) to play in Croke Park and there wasn't on us to play in Kilkenny. The GAA will be embarrassed and humbled by a no show and they have needed that jolt for a long time
And I dont disagree with that but, I make these two points and let it go then:

They've done f**k all with Newbridge over the past 20 years and thats on them.
They had a chance stand with us in 2015 and turned their backs on us, like every other county in Leinster. Our CB shouldn't be slow in reminding them of that too when and if they come looking for support.

Kildare should take their hush money, do a deal on either selling Conleths or redeveloping it, and move on.

Don Draper

Quote from: OTF on June 26, 2018, 11:04:19 AM
I'd give them some chance against the winners of Armagh and Clare and that would be a good measure of how far we've come and of the others IMO no chance
Hard to disagree. A lot depends on how we bounce back from Sunday. They're in the gym tonight, and out tomorrow night. I'd love a crack off either of the above two. Failing that, its a descending scale of Mayo-Tyrone-Monaghan, depending on venues, most likely Croke Park double headers inevitably.

Chrimtain

Is there a case for playing Graham Brody out the field? It seems to me he would make a very strong attacking half back.

Don Draper

Quote from: Chrimtain on June 26, 2018, 11:18:21 AM

Is there a case for playing Graham Brody out the field? It seems to me he would make a very strong attacking half back.
God no. He's magnificent where he is. Out the field, he's just another player.