Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Unison

I hope this won't give rise to a false sense of security within the Laois setup. After-all, we could just as easily say that we will be without Brendan Quigley, Paul Cahillane, Evan O'Carroll, Conor Meredith, Eoin Lowry, Brian Glynn and Robbie Piggott.

Laoiseabu

Glynn is fit to return . So he's available for selection again

Unlaoised

Glynn Donoher Paul Kingston and Benny Carroll will all be pushing for a starting spot on saturday evening!

Double header with Offaly and Wexford in the hurling should ensure a good crowd.

I hope Laois fans get over to support the lads...This could be the first time in quiet a while we win back to back games in Leinster and will cap a fine season if we do.

Westmeath might be down a few players but I still think they are a force and probably close to the second best team in Leinster!

Our record in Tullamore isn't great but I still remember a superb victory against Meath over their a few years back.

I'm looking forward to this game this year and the spirit in the team gives me far more to feel happy about !!!

LAOIS LAOIS LAOIS LAOIS
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Must be a long time ago. I can't remember beating Meath in Tullamore in recent times. Our record there is terrible.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

Quote from: redsetanta on May 22, 2018, 09:20:29 AM
Must be a long time ago. I can't remember beating Meath in Tullamore in recent times. Our record there is terrible.
No it wasn't a long time ago, it was just a few years ago in the qualifiers, 2012 Round 3. It was a superb win.   

I can't call the Westmeath game. At all. Still, very much looking forward. Going to be a cracking weather day too and the hurling will be interesting. No better place to be than tullamore on Saturday.

Unlaoised

July 2012 ...1-15 to 1-12 I think....Munnelly had a stormer as did Brendan Quigley we got to the quarter finals that year!

LAOIS ABÚ

Andy06

Quote from: Unlaoised on May 22, 2018, 09:31:40 AM

July 2012 ...1-15 to 1-12 I think....Munnelly had a stormer as did Brendan Quigley we got to the quarter finals that year!

Was racking my brain trying to think of the game as it wasnt registering, remember it now. Was round 4 of the qualifiers i think, they had just lost the Leinster Final to Dublin and we were flying that day from what i recall. Let them back into it after being something like 8 points up at one stage in the second half.

Butch Cassidy

Can we expect any changes to the team lads? I can see Paul Kingston, Donogher, Booth and Evan pushing to start

BallyroanAbu

[/quote]

I can't call the Westmeath game. At all. Still, very much looking forward. Going to be a cracking weather day too and the hurling will be interesting. No better place to be than tullamore on Saturday.
[/quote]

It's right up there in the Condé Nast destinations for 2018 8)

Tony

I've just realised that the Wex Offlaly game is at 7pm, after our game, clashing with the Liverpool VS R.Madrid champions league final at 7.45. Why didn't some bright spark in GAA make our game for 3pm and Wex Offaly for 5pm? People can have an interest in Gaelic football, hurling AND soccer too - that is possible you know.  ::)

Laoiseabu

A few friends of mine in Westmeath are telling me there is a big rumour circulating around the county that their manager is gone

les Antiques

Yes heard that too . Left training half way through after announcing his resignation . This means by all accounts that Heslin will start Saturday ..
Still think we ll take them . There preparation can't have been ideal . A first half performance though like the one down in Wexford won't suffice this time .

les Antiques

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2018, 11:54:20 AM
I've just realised that the Wex Offlaly game is at 7pm, after our game, clashing with the Liverpool VS R.Madrid champions league final at 7.45. Why didn't some bright spark in GAA make our game for 3pm and Wex Offaly for 5pm? People can have an interest in Gaelic football, hurling AND soccer too - that is possible you know.  ::)

Silly from HQ . Can't imagine any record crowds at the Tipp and cork and Down and Antrim either , both which start at 7pm also . Surely there were other options !

Unlaoised

Yes Heaslin will now be playing .....Would have been better for us if the manager had to have stayed in place by all accounts!!

They will probably be lifted by this as a squad now!
LAOIS ABÚ