Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jd

The two doyles and kelly both played junior as far as i know bit dont seem to feature on their panel. Kinsella is a 4 point player even on a bad day so is a massive loss

SCFC

Expect an all parish final of Portarlington v O'Dempseys after this weekend.
Think there could be two decent enough games.
I'm hoping Portlaoise don't perform as bad as last year's final.
O'Dempseys are a bit farther on as a team than Courtwood so I think they'll win but only by 3 or 4 points.

Robbo

Think O'Ds will end this great run from Courtwood.  Don't think it will br completely onesided but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they were relatively comfortable coming into the last few mins.

I've a sneaky feeling for portlaoise. Not really sure why but this will either kick-start port's year or they'll be caught cold. Think the winners of this one will be champions. Going to give the nod to portlaoise.

Silkyskillssunshinee

I'd say Eddie Kinsella is salivating at the prospect of this match Sunday. I've a sneaky feeling he might have something up his sleeve and Cwood will give O'Dempsey's a real run for their money.

Portlaoise need Cahillane and Maher inside to be at their very best if they're to beat Port. With Lillis back as well, I'd give Portlaoise a great chance in this semi final. Portlaoise will not have taken the beating Port gave them last year lightly and should bring serous aggression to this one from the off.

The PRO

I think Port are timing their season well and I expect them to win by 5 or 6 points.
I think O'Dempseys just might be a little bit over confident and I can't see why Courtwood can't win this. First game might be a cracker.

Spiritof86

Courtwood will give loads of it to O'Dempseys today but just think lack the overall scoring power O'Dempseys posses.  Could go right down to the wire but fancy O'Dempseys by 5 .
Fancy Portlaoise to knock Port off there perch today . Hearing encouraging signs from the Town camp . Port haven't really hit the levels of last year yet and if they don't today they will be in trouble .

Countyminor

Port very lucky to get out of that one alive. So many players didn't turn up for them today and they only really got momentum together when the young lad from Portlaoise got a black card. Very, very lucky but they're coming out on the right side of a few battles this year which is a good sign. Some of the shooting from both sides was horrendous, particularly in the first half with Murphy and Cahillane missing some very scorable frees.

Thought O'Dempseys looked very good earlier, Mark Barry in particular was roasting a notorious tight man marker in Collins during the first half and looked a class above every other player on the pitch. Ultimately a lack of depth cost Courtwood in the end but they can be very proud of their year given their absentees. Felt Mulhare made a few odd decisions but nothing that changed the overall result so nothing worth complaining about really for either side.

It'll be a right final between two evenly enough matched sides based on what we've seen so far this year and given the rivalry between them. Port should have enough but I wouldn't be surprised if O'Ds did it.

Robbo

Portlaoise will be kicking themselves. What a savat the end from osbourne.

Port not at their best and weren't let be to be fair. Longer their alive the more dangerous they are and though O'Ds were the better team on view today you still couldn't favour them with any huge confidence. Especially as I think the local derby will sharpen focus.

Kearns has made ODs a hard team to play against. Deserves credit for that. Doing a good job there youd have to say

Silkyskillssunshinee

Portlaoise will be kicking themselves is right. They had chances in that second half to tack on a few more scores but again lack that clinical edge since Bruno hung up the boots.

Thought Damon Larkin got through a good bit of work and definitely one Sheehan should be looking at next year. Port will be delighted to get over the line again and you'd have to be a brave man to back ODs in the final against a more physical and experienced outfit.

Laoiseabu

I'm convinced that The Heath would beat that Courtwood team there today . It dosent bode well for the standard of football in the county when you have a team that poor getting to a senior semi final . In no other county in Ireland would that Courtwood team of got to a senior semi final bar maybe in some of the poorer division 4 counties . Not a huge amount for Billy Sheehan to look at either apart from what he's already got . Damon Larkin has potential. Has a bit of size which is essential at senior intercounty nowadays too

Oblivious

Well who knows with that logic , it looks like Courtwood were parachuted into the semi-final which is an outrage . Imagine getting to a semi-final without winning a match . Disgraceful. Surely the other clubs would be up in arms about this .

Who knows The Heath might beat Courtwood and they will find out next year . Park rathineska came up last year and didn't beat Courtwood. So let's see what happens next year . Good negativity Laois Abu . Who knows with those other great life mysteries , would The Hulk beat Batman or captain America beat Spider-Man . Pointless observation. 4 teams regardless of today's performance deserved to be there based on results . We are we're we are .

Well done to The Heath on their win and to O'Dempseys and Port for getting through to a local derby
Final.

Jd

Good man put the boot in straight away. I'm not from Courtwood by the way but your comment is classless. Courtwood actually had a good championship but didn't seem to perform today for some reason. Well done to the Heath but they were taking part in the intermediate championship for a reason.  Port and Portlaoise have several players who are of Co standard Courtwood and O Ds to a lesser degree but still a few there

From the Terrace

2 decent games, ods had too much for Courtwood who will be happy with there year on reflection. Hatch + Barry were very good as usual, will be interesting how they get on against a tighter harder hitting port team. On that game Portlaoise left it behind them imo, the black card was a massive decision + turned the game ports way..Larkin, macca, rioghan Murphy were very good.

thegreeenandgold

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on August 23, 2022, 07:48:13 AM
It's that time of the year where Josephs get all excited before exiting in a heroic two point defeat.  Graigue think they are back but that's every year since 1965.  Ballyroanabbey talk about 92.  O Dempsey's are just O Dempsey's.  Courtwood and St Man's realize they are just making up the numbers.  Portlaoise dream of the good old days and Port win a 3rd County in a row. 

Laois Championship and we love it

Wisdom is my middle name

redsetanta

Saw the O'Dempsey's 'own point' on TG4. Have never seen one of those before.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi