Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2022

Started by Ogie, January 31, 2022, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Rdowney and Cbolla to win. Rdowney and Camross to go down to the wire after a tough battle. Ctown to test Cbolla but Cbolla will have too much up front.

Keyser Söze

Can't call Rathdowney Errill v Camross.
Will stew on it!

Castletown have a much stronger panel than they have had for a while. I think they were very short by the time their last game came around last year. That's surely a good sign and a sign of heading in the right direction.
Think this will be a mental hurdle for them. They aren't capable of winning the game in my opinion, but surely capable of a better performance than what had come very the last few encounters with the big teams.
Nothing to gain here for Clough Ballacolla, a stumbling win might be the best possible scenario for the champions to refocus for a final.

Abbeyleix & Clonaslee to reach the intermediate final.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Robbo

Not too impressive frm abbeyleix this evening but did enough. Phortlaoise had chances but we're wasteful and hit a few tame efforts at rowland. Needed all those to go in or over to have any chance. They'll still be worthy favourites but not as definite as many think

Clonaslee looked good at times and then let camross back in. I'm not sure they have anough in the midfield or halfforward line to win though. Don't think itll be a high scoring final.

Keyser Söze

In fairness it's kind of lose-lose for the relegated team. Almost every year they have stumbled along & bar The Harps & Portlaoise have come straight back every time.
It's that sort of grade.
Playing decent teams.
You are seen as beatable.
Motivation levels aren't what they should be.
Tricky one.

Rathdowney Errill v Camross
Still tricky.
Camross always more than the sum of their parts. But those parts alone are pretty impressive now. Some very dangerous forwards, some very cute backs.
Lots of industry thrown into the mix.
Camross scored 4-26 and 3-21 v the weaker sides in their group.
Only managed 0-15 v Clough Ballacolla, albeit in bad weather.

Rathdowney Erill posted 5-22, 2-26 and 2-23 against teams at least as good as the two weaker in Camross' group.

I almost always tip RE , and they let me down at some stage most years. It could be here.
One thing that sways me is the damage Ryan Mullaney was allowed cause when Camross played Castletown.
This was in a game when his 5 forward companions made very little inroads.
They won't have the luxury of having to worry about 1 man today.
RE by 5.

Laois man

2 good games yesterday Ctown improving big time and we're well in the game until the Ref decided to give everything to Cbolla best team won but with the help of the ref. Cbolla corner forward stuck the the Ctown player in the face then fell down himself pretending he was hit mean act. Camross got over the line with hard work Rdowney to me lost this on the line leaving 2 top players in reserved for too long.

Spiritof86

Camross always had that in them yesterday. All singing off the one hymn sheet up there now .
Castletown use of Ryan Mulleaney was interesting and didn't really work out particularly in the second half . In fairness to them though they rattled C/B in the first half . Young team and will come again .

Laois man

County hurling finals Sunday what's yer views. Cbolla and Aleix one would think. But Camross will be hard to beat.

ottoman

Quote from: Laois man on September 28, 2022, 11:14:34 AM
County hurling finals Sunday what's yer views. Cbolla and Aleix one would think. But Camross will be hard to beat.

Abbeyleix to win and Camorss to cause an upset. CB are in a county final without really getting out of 2nd gear and its very hard to just turn it on when required after a summer like that. That semi final win will stand to Camross no end.

Laois man

I don't believe Cbolla were in second gear in the Sfinal they got a good test until the Ref decided to give them every thing going in the second half.

ottoman

Quote from: Laois man on September 28, 2022, 12:42:59 PM
I don't believe Cbolla were in second gear in the Sfinal they got a good test until the Ref decided to give them every thing going in the second half.

From what I seen they didn't look anywhere near the team they can be in the 1st half. Went up the level required in the 2nd and got the job done, they never looked in danger of losing that once the 2nd half got under way. I don't remember the ref doing anything outrageous that would have suggested the result going any other way way. They won by 10 odd points pulling up...Anyway Ill stick with what I said previously, Camross to cause an upset against a potentially flat Ballacolla.

Laois man

Nothing outrageous is right Cbolla were always going to win but a few handy frees made it a bit easier for them. I believe camross have a few injuries for Sunday.

Keyser Söze

Is it a secret? Who is injured?

Camross impressed me against RE. But you'd have to wonder if RE had started with the 15 they finished with how it would have all gone.
But Camross are solid, well set up and typically very very tenacious. Their forwards and their level of tackling will be key here.

Will they allow the CB back 9 time and space to feed quality ball to their 6 up front.
Robbie Phelan causes havoc dropping deep and carrying.
Expect him to hit a few obstacles early on as he carries.

With any team on a run like CB are there is usually a day when things don't fall into place.
In truth they have been freewheeling this summer.
Fair enough Castletown threw the kitchen sink at them for 40 minutes but I think all present knew what the outcome was going to be.

I do think Camross will sneak this one. Their forward line is growing more & more dangerous over the last 18 months.
They are shaping into a decent outfit who will be around about county finals for a long time to come.

If Zane is right & plays the full 60 minutes Camross will win.

From the Terrace

Ballacolla to win the 3 a row, I'm sure camross not happy with the refereeing appointment.