Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2022

Started by Ogie, January 31, 2022, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

A win for The Harps tonight with last puck of the game. Bob's Bar will be hopping in Durrow tonight from the great escape!

town1980

Laois man

Sunday at 3.30pm we should know what's going on in Borris/kcotton Camross  to win but it could be close.

Keyser Söze

Two big games.
Barring the final it's probably going to be the most all round competitive weekend in the Laois SHC this year.
All 4 will fancy their chances.

Castletown v Rosenallis
You get the feeling that both of these could/should be better than they actually are showing. Particularly Castletown. Rosenallis in fairness have been hitting maximum capacity at times over the past couple of years. Probably less often this past 12 months.
Castletown have been woeful at times.
Hard to know what to put that down to.

On one hand the fact that Rosenallis attempt to slog it out with the big boys each time has to stand to them.
On the other hand, bar lying down to the Top 4 every time they meet them, Castletown actually have beaten everybody else in every encounter over the past few years. That's a strange one. Something is wrong there.
Which of the above matters most?
When it comes down to it (and it should be close) do Castletown actually believe they would keep it pucked out to Ballacolla in a semi final? Probably not. Rosenallis wouldn't be thinking like that.
Does that come into the equation this weekend? Hard to know!

Do Castletown have the cohesion and discipline to disrupt Rosenallis' game? I'm not so sure they do.
It's a pity, there is a bit of a team potentially coming together in Castletown if they can address their willingness to throw in the towel.
Rosenallis by 5
Referee could have a big bearing on this one. He can get quite excited!

Borris Kilcotton v Camross
Tricky one.
Does anybody really know what's happening in Borris Kilcotton? If things were as bad as some claim I don't think the management would still be there. It's in nobody's interest.
Camross created a crazy amount of scoring chances last day out but against a very generous opponent. BK know how to shore up at the back.
All points to a Camross win, but BK 6/4 is an attractive price.
Does anybody have any information re injuries etc?
They have always done well v Camross and there has to be some sort of reaction from within to all that is being said about them.
Sneaky feeling for BK by 3.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois man

Keyser size. I would be going for Camross and castletown in the qfinals both will be close i dont think Rosenallis have beating Ctown in league or Cship since they won the senior B. Rosenallis are a good outfit on the day. Ctown were down 6 lads for first round of Cship got a few back again Camross and I am hearing  they have a full squad for tomorrow. Best of luck to all 4 teams going to be a warm day for hurling. They

Robbo

Two good games in portlaoise today.

Had a feeling camross prem intermediates would have a performance in them and had a good win. Clonasle have been a breathe of fresh air and will be worth favourites in the semi but I've a feeling camross have a kick in them.

Gutted for ballyfin. Portlasoie have improved with good strength in depth, subs made big difference. Ballyfins goal was lucky but didn't get to many more breaks, couple of questionable calls from the referee without looking for blame or excuses.

Still abbeyleix championship to lose.

burdizzo

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 27, 2022, 10:01:44 AM

Does anybody really know what's happening in Borris Kilcotton?

Just get the impression they're a club on the slide, a bit - not just at senior level, either. That's looking from the outside.

Of course, they could make an eejit of me tomorrow. But - I doubt it.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Abbeyleix should have more than enough to win this championship. Hoping that they could have a serious run at Leinster as well.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: burdizzo on August 27, 2022, 10:45:51 PM

Just get the impression they're a club on the slide, a bit - not just at senior level, either. That's looking from the outside.

Looking down the grades, the supply definitely isn't there to replace those who are advancing in years.
The internal managerial appointment perhaps seems to have magnified issues that were bubbling under the surface. A pity.
Presume there is no danger of a split?

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 28, 2022, 10:37:06 AM

Looking down the grades, the supply definitely isn't there to replace those who are advancing in years.
The internal managerial appointment perhaps seems to have magnified issues that were bubbling under the surface. A pity.
Presume there is no danger of a split?

Wishful Thinking, right there

Keyser Söze

What part was wishful thinking? Are you on drugs?

Spiritof86

Not sure the whole story but situation escalated at training the other night with a number of players walking . Todays result was always on the cards.

town1980

How have abbeyleix no football team it baffles me why there with ballyroan even a junior team they would be competitive

burdizzo

As you know, Ballyroan-Abbey encompasses Abbeyleix for football. That is why.
Other than that - who cares?

Ballygowen

The teams that won Premier intermediate, Intermediate and Junior A last year all relegated this year.