Leinster Minor Football Championship 2020

Started by SCFC, January 23, 2022, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on May 06, 2022, 11:01:07 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 06, 2022, 08:02:07 AM
they seem to want to hold on so desperately, for many years, in different positions. Particularly in a failing county.
who are they? i think you need to name the ones who are there for too many years in your opinion.

Luckily for me, what you think is irrelevant. Go do your own digging. Another piss poor attempt to play the man and not the ball.

georgedoylesrightleg

what any of us think is irrelevant then. but you're playing the man by ur own standards all the time.

High Fielder

Far from it. I have no problem instigating a topic or giving a viewpoint. You're just trolling plain and simple. Which is fine if that's all you're capable of doing. I mean all you've done so far is troll. Makes me think you're happy with the way things are. But who would know when all you're doing is trolling.

georgedoylesrightleg

i wondered had you any solutions. the easy thing is to call someone who doesnt tink the same as you a troll. its offensife.

High Fielder

I called you a troll because that's all you're doing. You're not debating. You're not offering an alternative opinion. You're not even saying what your own opinion is. You're just piggybacking other people's posts and trying to discredit them. That's trolling. I'm sorry if that offends you but don't expect to go unchallenged if all you're doing is trolling

Laois Rising

Over the last few years our minor team , while not setting the world alight, have performed on par with a county with our playing population. Meath, Dublin, Kildare have far bigger numbers to select from in Leinster. Unlike in the 90s and 00s, every county has a pretty good underage set up. Therefore, it has made the success Laois had in the 90s and early to mid 00s pretty impossible to replicate as the bigger counties are more than likely to hoover up the titles between them.

While we took a hammering in the end against Offaly that can happen with young lads of 16/17 playing football. Their heads went down after a bad start to game. The Offaly players had their tails up and with the result not in doubt proceeded to put up a good score against a defeated Laois team. I wouldn't read too much into one game. After the Louth game some of the same players were receiving huge praise on this very forum for their footballing ability.

The one thing that Laois county board were slow to do in the last ten years was to invest in juvenile football, upping the skills of the players and upping participation numbers. The number and quality of some of our Gaelic development coaches left a lot to be desired in that time. We have finally started to try rectify that situation. There is a long road to travel with it yet. Also, Laois will not regain the success of old until proper investment is made into re-invigorating GAA in Portlaoise and getting kids interested and involved in playing.

SCFC

By the way, fair play to the minors who dug out a good win away to Carlow lst week in the Seamus Heaney Cup for teams who didn't reach the semi final in Leinster. They were without the two dual lads, Byrne and O'Reilly, a couple of injured lads and a couple of lads who were dropped for missing training so overall a good night's work despite a disgraceful sending off of the completely wrong player for what was a very debatable red card.
They play Wexford next.

Heshs Umpire

Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Chrimtain

Can tickets be purchased online for tonight's match?

Oblivious

It was free in when they played Carlow in Netwatch Park.

Wexford seem to be promoting the endeavours of their team but only laois today highlighting the match.

Nothing as of yet on Laois website or Facebook, does not bode well for the Tailteann cup for second tier competitions.