All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: clarshack on September 21, 2014, 08:55:10 PM
Donaghy is a horrible git. Kerry always bad losers but even worse winners!

Agreed I have many friends in Kerry who are really good football people but guys like Donaghy just let them down with that rubbish carry on. And the worst excesses of them are every bit as bad as my own county or some of the Northern idiots I've encountered over the years.

Now Mark O Se there is a guy with real class on and off the pitch. wins and loses with a bit of dignity. Donaghy is just an immature idiot who has never grown up but on his day is a terrific footballer.

talent isn't democratic and there is nothing to be said that great players have to be classy individuals. that's the way the world works.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rudi on September 21, 2014, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 21, 2014, 08:39:15 PM
Seen as my principal is a Kerryman, I'm happy for him the hoor! ;D Plus I cannot suffer JMcG's ways of football.

In fairness to McG in 2012 they played a great brand of football, also against Dublin this year. I suppose Mayo would have beat the shite out of them today if the ref didn't rob youse in Limerick.  :'( ::)

True, they played well in 2012, but only against Dublin this year did they come near that level and it probably went to their heads a bit who knows? As for your other stupid question, I honestly don't know, because we didn't beat Kerry, we had the chance the first day but failed to take it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2014, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 21, 2014, 08:19:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 21, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 08:01:56 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 21, 2014, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2014, 03:11:52 PM
Jaysus Martin Carney and that finger!!!

Kerry by 2 in a horrible game of football!
Close...

Farr, Hefo and AZ taking "delight" in a Kerry win. Sort yourselves out lads will ye, sake.

Why? I am delighted for them and their freakishly long arms. It's probably the weight of carrying Sam around all the time 😄
Delight though? Really? I could only reserve the feeling of delight for a big win for my own county (as rare as that is before you say it  ;))

I'm ambivalent to Kerry's win today..much the same if the Yankees or the Pats win another Super Bowl..

If you make a mistake as big as Durcan did today you are unlikely to win at this stage of the season by the way in my opinion..,

Yes. Delighted "for" them. Delighted for my wife, in laws and friends down there.
Hmmm...maybe I've just a heart of stone...

You must have. It's great to see Declan o sullivan going out a winner too. He deserves that.
No he does not. He's a stinking thug as was shown when he acted the gypo v Derrytresk.

Bullshit, and that's a crap thing to say. cop yourself on.

oakleafgael

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 09:04:19 PM

Close...

Farr, Hefo and AZ taking "delight" in a Kerry win. Sort yourselves out lads will ye, sake.

Why? I am delighted for them and their freakishly long arms. It's probably the weight of carrying Sam around all the time 😄
Delight though? Really? I could only reserve the feeling of delight for a big win for my own county (as rare as that is before you say it  ;))

I'm ambivalent to Kerry's win today..much the same if the Yankees or the Pats win another Super Bowl..

If you make a mistake as big as Durcan did today you are unlikely to win at this stage of the season by the way in my opinion..,

Yes. Delighted "for" them. Delighted for my wife, in laws and friends down there.

You must have. It's great to see Declan o sullivan going out a winner too. He deserves that.
No he does not. He's a stinking thug as was shown when he acted the gypo v Derrytresk.

AZ for some reason you have a blind spot to O'Sullivan. He acted the bollix in the semi final and tried his best today to get a row going.

Rudi

[/b]
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 21, 2014, 09:02:14 PM
Quote from: Rudi on September 21, 2014, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 21, 2014, 08:39:15 PM
Seen as my principal is a Kerryman, I'm happy for him the hoor! ;D Plus I cannot suffer JMcG's ways of football.

In fairness to McG in 2012 they played a great brand of football, also against Dublin this year. I suppose Mayo would have beat the shite out of them today if the ref didn't rob youse in Limerick.  :'( ::)

True, they played well in 2012, but only against Dublin this year did they come near that level and it probably went to their heads a bit who knows? As for your other stupid question, I honestly don't know, because we didn't beat Kerry, we had the chance the first day but failed to take it.

It wasn't a question - no need for the reference to stupid. Have some manners.

J OGorman

Close...

Id say not too many of us wouldn't have reacted having been on the end of such vitriol as O'Sullivan was that day
One of the finest footballers in my lifetime

Hardy

I hate this hateful shite where the only thing people can think of to talk about in the aftermath of the game is the negative, who made faces at who else and their estimation of the character of people they don't know or have never even met. Talk about the football. All the people on the field today are decent people as far as I know and I'd want pretty convincing evidence before I'd start calling them names in public.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: Hardy on September 21, 2014, 09:20:08 PM
I hate this hateful shite where the only thing people can think of to talk about in the aftermath of the game is the negative, who made faces at who else and their estimation of the character of people they don't know or have never even met. Talk about the football. All the people on the field today are decent people as far as I know and I'd want pretty convincing evidence before I'd start calling them names in public.

fair play...
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

J OGorman

Quote from: NaomhBridAbĂș on September 21, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

fair play...

This is true. We all know plenty of decent blokes who turned into looney bins the minute they crossed the white line.

tonto1888

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 21, 2014, 09:06:42 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 09:04:19 PM

Close...

AZ for some reason you have a blind spot to O'Sullivan. He acted the bollix in the semi final and tried his best today to get a row going.
O'Sullivan tried to get a row going??
What's the Derrytresk thing if you'll forgive my ignorance

trileacman

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2014, 09:16:32 PM
A stinking, cynical ****, IMO.

I'm a right ignorant bastard on this board but I take my hat off to you sir, the last few replies are stunning.

BTW I'm on neither side in this fight.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyHarp

Quote from: J OGorman on September 21, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

Close...

Id say not too many of us wouldn't have reacted having been on the end of such vitriol as O'Sullivan was that day
One of the finest footballers in my lifetime

Whatever of Declan O'Sullivan being a dick or not - you must be taking the piss by saying he is one if the finest footballers in your lifetime.
That was never a square ball!!

thebuzz

All this negative crap about Donaghy. So what if he said something about Joe Brolly in the heat of the moment? If he hadn't come on and played as he did in the drawn game Kerry wouldn't even have been playing today. He is a class footballer and deserves man of the match today.

INDIANA

Quote from: thebuzz on September 21, 2014, 09:45:42 PM

All this negative crap about Donaghy. So what if he said something about Joe Brolly in the heat of the moment? If he hadn't come on and played as he did in the drawn game Kerry wouldn't even have been playing today. He is a class footballer and deserves man of the match today.

No-one disputes that. The fact that he is a complete asshole off the pitch doesn't detract from his fantastic footballing ability.

rodney trotter

It was a fluky goal that was the difference in the 2012 Semi between Kerry & Donegal, probaly a bit of karma today with Durkans howler. Hard luck to Donegal, Kerry probaly deserving winners.

The end of the road for a few of that Donegal team maybe, Rory Kavanagh said it was going to be his last year yesterday in the Indo, 1 or 2 others will probaly follow.