Caught speeding

Started by bogball88, June 08, 2022, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Anyone know what the eligibility is for qualifying for the speed awareness course in the North is if caught speeding?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogball88 on June 08, 2022, 09:22:38 AM
Anyone know what the eligibility is for qualifying for the speed awareness course in the North is if caught speeding?

10% of the speed limit and if you haven't been done in the last year or so I think.. so if your doing 42 in a 30 I think you just get fine and points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bogball88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2022, 09:27:54 AM

10% of the speed limit and if you haven't been done in the last year or so I think.. so if your doing 42 in a 30 I think you just get fine and points
You know too much about me!!!

Police guidance suggests it covers "within the range of (10% +2) mph to (10% +9) mph over the limit, with the exception of 20 mph zones. I might just sneak in

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogball88 on June 08, 2022, 09:33:48 AM

Police guidance suggests it covers "within the range of (10% +2) mph to (10% +9) mph over the limit, with the exception of 20 mph zones. I might just sneak in

Been very lucky these last few years (touches wood) but went through an unlucky period when out of the blue I had 9 points..

The course is a crock of shit btw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2022, 09:37:20 AM

Been very lucky these last few years (touches wood) but went through an unlucky period when out of the blue I had 9 points..

Condescending bullshit!!

Everyone on the course knows how to drive we just choose to drive a but faster than we're supposed to!

bogball88

Quote from: screenexile on June 08, 2022, 09:40:32 AM

Condescending bullshit!!

Everyone on the course knows how to drive we just choose to drive a but faster than we're supposed to!
Ah yeah think everyone knows that. Just need to avoid the points. Hopefully they do it on Zoom  ;D

J70

Condescending bullshit!!

I can only speak about driving in general rather than the subset who go on this course, but there are a considerable number of drivers out there who know little or care little about safe driving, especially in NYC. There were quite a few in Donegal too growing up, no doubt including some who were amnestied iinto a full license back in the 70s due to government ineptitude and strikes.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: bogball88 on June 08, 2022, 09:44:50 AM

Condescending bullshit!!

Ah yeah think everyone knows that. Just need to avoid the points. Hopefully they do it on Zoom  ;D

Zoom option still available as i found out recently..

Had one english geezer sittin in his car the whole time doing the course, totally uninterested but got caught out towards the end, hadnt a baldy when asked a question

Gold

I did it on Zoom last year. Road into Bangor changed from a 60 to a 40 and I was at 46 or something, naturally slowing down on way in to Bangor.

Course was literally a load of balls, condescending sh1te.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Newbridge Exile

Below is from NI Direct website

Speed awareness courses
Drivers, depending upon the speed at which they were detected, may be invited to go to a speed awareness course as an alternative to penalty points. This course can only be offered once in a period of three years from the last date of detection.

You must book your course within 28 days (after receipt of an offer) from date on invite.

For the speed awareness course, the speed of the offence must fall within the criteria stated below:

30 mph up to and including 42 mph
40 mph up to and including 53 mph
50 mph up to and including 64 mph
60 mph up to and including 75 mph
70 mph up to and including 86 mph

Hereiam

Was done for 52 in a 30 zone, been over 10 years since I was done for speeding.
Waiting on them to come back to me, filled out the section for the speed awareness, doubt i will be offered it.

Estimator

Did the course via zoom back in March, no issues. Think it was a 3hr session. Fella running it was from Derry. Kept everyone on their toes by constantly asking questions.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Eamonnca1

I love obeying speed limits. Drives the boy behind up the wall!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 09, 2022, 05:36:22 PM
I love obeying speed limits. Drives the boy behind up the wall!

Do you sit on the outside lane on the speed limit?

Loughshore2022

I was caught going 37mph in 30 zone last summer. The course was online, I imagined it would have been a very socially awkward experience to engage in a zoom discussion so I just took the penalty points and I try to drive like a pensioner now. A bonus with driving at the speed limits is how it annoys the people behind you, it is my way to express my misanthropy. You can just sense the rage in them when you drive at the speed limit and they tail gate you until they can pass.