Travelling to Euro 2016

Started by bogball88, January 14, 2016, 09:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Anyone planning on travelling or has booked throw up your plans!

Going for 6 days, flying early Monday 13th from Dublin with Ryanair into Paris for 3 nights then train to Bordeaux. Bordeaux for 3 nights then fly home early Sunday 19th to Dublin.

Accommodation looks to very sparse around Bordeaux, looking into Airbnb, looking to be around £600 for the 3 nights in Bordeaux, haven't looked at Paris accommodation yet.

5 of us going, craic will be 90

STREET FIGHTER

Sure to be a brilliant experience.....

worth saving for......

Unfortunately one am going to miss out on!

ballinaman

Saturday June 11th to Tuesday 14th for 200 blips return....decent central accommodation for 130 for the 3 nights so happy enough. Can't make Bordeaux and Lille due to work commitments sadly.
Made it to Tbilsi, Glasgow and Warsaw in the qualifying so I did well enough.
Belgrade booked for next September already 8)

bogball88

How long ago did you book your Paris accommodation? Paris an absolute beast size of a city not sure where will be best to stay or to swall at

Hardy

It doesn't matter. The Metro is brilliant and cheap - you can get to anywhere from anywhere, there's a station near you wherever you are, trains run every few minutes and Paris is not that big area wise.

An Watcher

Heading to Bordeaux the night before the Belgium game. Back on the Monday. Like a child I really can't wait.  Booked accommodation through airbnb. As well as a serious amount of alcohol I wouldn't mind touring the local vineyards orddoing a bike tour. Just to say I'd seen more than the inside of a pub!

heffo

Quote from: ballinaman on January 14, 2016, 10:03:03 PM
Belgrade booked for next September already 8)

Belgrade is a great city for a few days

imtommygunn

I was in poland and my liver hurts thinking about it...

We have season tickets but I will only go if it's more civilised this time as getting too old for that lark!

Whitehair

I've booked the Eurostar from London the day before the Sweden game and 2 nights accommodation in Paris. From there, the train to the Bordeaux region for 6 nights(potentially 2 different bases atm) then fly up to Lille for a few days. I'll stay for as long as we're in the competition. Hopefully it's as enjoyable as Poland but more memorable.

No1

Friday 17th June Belfast to Luton, Stansted to Poitiers.  Staying in Poitiers for the weekend and train up and back for the Belgium game on the Saturday.  Back home on the Sunday evening.  10 going so far, quiet enough trip I would say  ;D

Everyone registered for tickets?

bogball88

Regarding the internal French trains-can you bring your own drink on to them?

5 of us are going, each of us have applied for 4 tickets for the 2 games we are there for, also got a mate who isn't going to apply for them too-fingers crossed we get sorted

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2016, 09:06:53 AM

We have season tickets but I will only go if it's more civilised this time as getting too old for that lark!
Agreed...12 days on the trot last time, wasn't right for a week after I came back.

Bogball...I'm staying on rue des cannettes...in Latin quarter. Had free cancellation accomodation booked in every host city before the draw, my friends and going onto La Rochelle and Lille after.
I'd avoid anywhere around gare du nord train station if ye can...absolute kip.

macdanger2

Considering going to lille from 22-27th June. Would get the 3rd game and potentially a 2nd round game if things go well

Will tickets be hard to come by?

Mario

Quote from: ballinaman on January 16, 2016, 07:57:41 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2016, 09:06:53 AM

Agreed...12 days on the trot last time, wasn't right for a week after I came back.

Bogball...I'm staying on rue des cannettes...in Latin quarter. Had free cancellation accomodation booked in every host city before the draw, my friends and going onto La Rochelle and Lille after.
I'd avoid anywhere around gare du nord train station if ye can...absolute kip.
Ha I was thinking the exact same, the memories of Poland have made me only book a weekend to Bordeaux this time. Booked a 8 bed villa through airbnb £80 per night each. Flights to Biarritz via Birmingham from Belfast for £160.

An Watcher

Looking an aul jersey for when I head out to Bordeaux.  Was going to get one at Christmas but I think they're bringing out a new one.  Anyone heard when it's out if at all?