Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: TyroneClubs on July 31, 2022, 09:34:50 PM
Where did you hear this? Still on website for Fridays
Quote from: Under Lights on July 31, 2022, 08:26:17 PM
Fintona flying

Friday 5th August will be last Friday evening fixture

Take it as gospel mate. Spread the word.

clarshack

Yes the 5th will be the last Friday night games. There was an email going around earlier.

clarshack

Division 3 is extremely tight at the top between the 3 teams but I don't think Strabane will drop any more points looking at the remaining games.

If Aghaloo beat us and win all their other games then Strabane still have the better head to head on them.

We need at least a draw away to Aghaloo and obviously win the rest of our games.

We've done well to be in this position with Manies playing out in the states and Dan Lowe only back in the last week after being out injured for a good while there. I see Johnny Lafferty is back for Urney so that will now be a much tougher game for us on Friday night.

I also see that Fianna 3rds have conceded to Aghaloo tomorrow night so what way would that leave the score difference situation if all 3 teams were to finish on the same points?

Baile an tuaigh

Gareth Devlin Stewartstown played a powerful game for Chicago Parnells yesterday In Gaelic Park. He was playing along side Conor Meyler and Michael McKiernan among others in an nearly all Ulster team.

They beat McBrides who had several Mayo players on their team by a single point after extra time.

You can see the match on Chicago GAA Facebook page.

Next week they play in the Chicago finals against Padraig Pearses.

tiempo

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on August 01, 2022, 12:18:02 AM
Gareth Devlin Stewartstown played a powerful game for Chicago Parnells yesterday In Gaelic Park. He was playing along side Conor Meyler and Michael McKiernan among others in an nearly all Ulster team.

They beat McBrides who had several Mayo players on their team by a single point after extra time.

You can see the match on Chicago GAA Facebook page.

Next week they play in the Chicago finals against Padraig Pearses.

Is there a North American championship to round the whole thing off? And are the winners declared the World Champs?

skeog

No just a team of well oiled bucks.

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 31, 2022, 11:32:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 31, 2022, 10:00:12 PM
I also see that Fianna 3rds have conceded to Aghaloo tomorrow night so what way would that leave the score difference situation if all 3 teams were to finish on the same points?
There's no link to the Tyrone CCC Adult football regulations for 2022 on the county website, but assuming they are the same as 2021, they're as follows...

QuoteWhen teams finish with equal points for qualification for the concluding staged, or for promotion or relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:

i) The outcome of the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s) in the competition
ii) The largest scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from the total scores for) in the meetings of the teams in the previous game(s)
iii) The highest total scores for, in the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s)
iv) Largest overall league scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from total scores for)
v) The highest overall league total score for
vi) A playoff

Exceptions:

a) In relation to means outlined in (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above, if the accumulated scores of a team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by playoff.
b) Regulations (i), (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall not apply to Under16 or younger age grade competitions.

https://tyronegaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2021TyroneCCCRegulations.pdf

So by my take, if three teams finished level on points at the top of Division 3 after 17 rounds (and assuming they're Aghaloo, Stewartstown & Strabane), then (i) would involve the three league meetings of the three teams only counting - if one team had defeated the other two during the season, then they would finish top. If all three teams had won one and lost one against each other, then it would go to (ii) and it would go down to score difference involving the three fixtures in question, and if necessary go on to (iii), with score difference involving all teams in the league only applying at (iv). The means specified would suggest that a non-affected team (i.e. Coalisland III) granting an affected team (Aghaloo) affecting the above would only apply at stage (iv), which I'd reckon would be fairly extraordinary circumstances were it to happen - which would in the end result in a play-off.

Edit: Working out what might happen if all three were tied based on current results & one future fixture...

* Stewartstown 1-13 (16) Strabane 1-10 (13)
* Strabane 3-12 (21) Aghaloo 1-15 (18)
* Aghaloo vs Stewartstown (to be played)

So with the above, if Stewartstown beat Aghaloo then they would have the head-to-head against both Strabane & Aghaloo and they'd finish top ahead of them, while Strabane would finish ahead of Aghaloo. If Aghaloo beat Stewartstown, then (ii) would apply. There would be some craic if Aghaloo won by three points against Stewartstown, because then each team would not only have won one and lost one against each other, they'd all be tied on a score difference of zero! So (iii) would then come into play. At present the scores for are Strabane 32, Aghaloo 18 and Stewartstown 16 - if Aghaloo were to score 15 points or more in defeating Stewartstown by 3, then Aghaloo would finish ahead of Strabane, but if they were to win against Stewartstown by 3 pts scoring 13 pts or less, Strabane would finish ahead of Aghaloo. If Aghaloo vs. Stewartstown finished 14 pts to 11 pts, then Strabane and Aghaloo would be tied on this metric! If I'm interpreting the progress of the tie-breakers correctly, this should mean that Strabane & Aghaloo would have to play-off for the league title given that overall score difference can't be used as Aghaloo were granted a walkover against Coalisland III, with Stewartstown finishing third - however I'm not 100% sure and knowing the ambiguity that our County Board at times get themselves into, it might be declared that because Strabane won the head-to-head league fixture, they are the league champions. If that happens, don't be surprised if Aghaloo (or any other team in that position, to be frank) go to appeal that decision.

Seems like it could be a real mess if it comes to scoring difference then.

smort

Don't think it will come to this

Seen fintona play against brocagh at the weekend, handy side, mc glinn in full back a solid player. A fintona man was telling me that mc glinn is moving to Dublin for work next year and intends to try his hand at playing for a top team in Dublin, be a big miss for them.

bogball88

Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 02, 2022, 01:00:18 PM
Seen fintona play against brocagh at the weekend, handy side, mc glinn in full back a solid player. A fintona man was telling me that mc glinn is moving to Dublin for work next year and intends to try his hand at playing for a top team in Dublin, be a big miss for them.
Paul Martin finished?

bogball88

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 02, 2022, 04:23:23 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on August 02, 2022, 02:21:03 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 02, 2022, 01:00:18 PM
Paul Martin finished?

There's two McGlinn brothers on the team, Mark at the full back line & Peter at the full forward line. Mark moved from midfield last year and has settled well in there - first I've heard about him moving club, if he is then good luck to him but I remember the rumour on this forum last year about him heading to Dromore!

Paul Martin's been playing for the reserves this year. I think previous injuries have caught up with him plus other factors mean he hasn't the same time to dedicate to football as much. He went off in a reserve game vs. Drumragh where it was thought he suffered a injury on his right foot but thankfully it wasn't too bad as I seen him driving the next day!

Connor McGillion was also originally thought to be badly hurt after an accidental clash in the league game vs Donaghmore IIIs a month ago, again thankfully it wasn't too serious and he came on as a sub against Clann na nGael last Friday night.

I guess to add about our boys as well is that we've been one of the few clubs in Tyrone that hasn't really been affected much by players going abroad this summer.
Whatever happened the two McCanns and Aaron McCarney-surely still something to offer?

Under Lights

Two years ago I callled Fintona the worst serious team in the county, ie a non thirds team. Can't help but feel that the players took this to heart and really knuckled down since. You're welcome. I will send in my invoice like Seanie Meyler motivational speaking

Onthe40

By the looks of how their going you will beat Derrytresk 😃

Eire90

i think the chicago gaa have been live streaming games on youtube.

Under Lights

Dungannon really impressive results lately. Big margin win over Greencastle tonight whom have been defensively sound.