Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 01, 2017, 06:41:23 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on February 01, 2017, 06:37:43 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 01, 2017, 03:49:25 PM
I see that Arles/Killeen, Arles /Kilcruise and Barrowhouse have joined forces at underage level up to under 21. A very interesting development.
Its the first step in the re-establishment of the old Arles Club(about time) but I cannot see how they will field teams in all age groups. Maybe up to u14 but where will they get their minor and u21 players from. I also hear that an objection from the Ballylinan/Gleanmore set up is on the cards as this was one of the conditions set out by Croke Park during the Arles split to ensure under age players in the parish were catered for. I also hear that some B/house players do not want to play with this new set up and want to play with St Josephs.  A very very interesting time ahead I think.

Does that mean that as it currently stands both Ballylinan and St Josephs would be left on their own at juvenile level?
Looks like it. I can see a new Arles club being formed soon with B/house as a feeder club. 8) 8) ;D ;D

Pablo Escobar

I see that Arles/Killeen, Arles /Kilcruise and Barrowhouse have joined forces at underage level up to under 21. A very interesting development.
Its the first step in the re-establishment of the old Arles Club(about time) but I cannot see how they will field teams in all age groups. Maybe up to u14 but where will they get their minor and u21 players from. I also hear that an objection from the Ballylinan/Gleanmore set up is on the cards as this was one of the conditions set out by Croke Park during the Arles split to ensure under age players in the parish were catered for. I also hear that some B/house players do not want to play with this new set up and want to play with St Josephs.  A very very interesting time ahead I think.

Interesting times ahead . Probably puts the death nail in the 3 in a row attempt for Joes under 21s. I heard this was player driven. It's mad how you often get contradictory reports. Joes definitely have enough to compete at a reasonable level but I'm unsure about Ballylinan.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 01, 2017, 09:49:11 PM

Interesting times ahead . Probably puts the death nail in the 3 in a row attempt for Joes under 21s. I heard this was player driven. It's mad how you often get contradictory reports. Joes definitely have enough to compete at a reasonable level but I'm unsure about Ballylinan.
Interesting times for sure. Player driven seems a strange one after the success of that Joes/B/H combination. I believe myself its a consequence  of Brian Daly's wish to play with St Josephs. Madness at its best   

High Fielder

Laois fan

Hardly madness think it's the best possible move for barrow house if the three clubs eventually do join up,I presume they will be weak enough at underage level but it's a start.Think ballylinan will suffer but maybe they have enough numbers and wanted to go by themselves, Joseph's get what they deserve...

redsetanta

Ballylynan have wanted to do their own thing for a while. There has been an increase in population in Ballylynan over the past few years so they would have the numbers. The fact that numbers are so poor from with the Arles clubs probably influenced this. There is very few from 12yrs up to U21 in the parish but there are numbers(for now) under the 12 age group. Geographically Barrowhouse would be close particularly to Killeen. It could well see a joining of the clubs again in the coming years.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Raheen Parish Gaels u14 A U16 A u17A Minor A and U21A Hurling

Ballyfin u14 A,Ballyfin Gaels U16 A,Football

Ballinakill u14B,Ballinakill/Ratheniska Gaels U16 A,Ballinakill Gaels Minor B,Ballinakill Gaels u21 B,Hurling

Na Fianna Og u14 B and C,u16B,u21A,Football

clonadmad

Ballylinan U14A,U16A,U17A,U21A

Ballylinan Gleanmor Gaels Minor A

Football

The Monument Road

Quote from: Laois fan on February 02, 2017, 09:42:46 AM
Hardly madness think it's the best possible move for barrow house if the three clubs eventually do join up,I presume they will be weak enough at underage level but it's a start.Think ballylinan will suffer but maybe they have enough numbers and wanted to go by themselves, Joseph's get what they deserve...
Whole sale madness at its best. B/house will be swallowed up by the Arles group, that will cause splits( already surfacing with certain players looking and wanting  to join St Josephs.) and at the end only St Josephs benefit. The combination helped B/house enormously as seen by their recent success....the last combination between Kileen and themselves almost destroyed the club. Arles should be as was in the original Arles club. One team, one club, and one colour (Maroon) with a parish juvenile combination under the old umbrella of St Michaels

The Monument Road

Quote from: clonadmad on February 02, 2017, 10:04:04 AM

Football
interesting. Where can you get information on affiliations in Laois  for 2017

clonadmad

Quote from: The Monument Road on February 02, 2017, 10:15:22 AM

Football
interesting. Where can you get information on affiliations in Laois  for 2017

Juvenile committee in your club would have it at the  minute

High Fielder

Quote from: The Monument Road on February 02, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
Whole sale madness at its best. B/house will be swallowed up by the Arles group, that will cause splits( already surfacing with certain players looking and wanting  to join St Josephs.) and at the end only St Josephs benefit. The combination helped B/house enormously as seen by their recent success....the last combination between Kileen and themselves almost destroyed the club. Arles should be as was in the original Arles club. One team, one club, and one colour (Maroon) with a parish juvenile combination under the old umbrella of St Michaels

Only 1 player looking to join St Josephs as far as I can gather

Pablo Escobar

It seems Barrowhouse joining the Arles' has annoyed you greatly . If they didn't start pursuing their players then more than likely the amalgamation would have remained. Barrowhouse like Kyle, Ballypickas etc are now having to fight harder and harder for their existence. They more than likely felt under threat that Josephs would pick their talented youth. Unlike other clubs the house never had much of a history of outward transfers the Kingstons being a notable exception. This would suggest a loyalty and love of their club. But they were definitely not born and bred Barrowhouse men. The amalgamation with the Arles makes sense . 3 clubs with similar playing pools. Geographically tight  and all with the same motive to develop every single juvenile player. Josephs in reality never needed Barrowhouse to compete but they did need them to win. I'd imagine countless youngsters in the Arles' and Barrowhouse have been lost to game because they weren't getting the game time necessary and therefore unable to develop. Don't be annoyed monumental road. You may not win as much as you did but at least countless more Josephs youngsters will get games now that the Barrowhouse lads are gone .

The previous amalgamation with Killeen nearly destroyed the club. This is news to me. Care to enlighten us?

Pablo Escobar

Football

Am I correct in assuming that the gaels would indiacate Barrowhouse?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 02, 2017, 06:34:59 PM

It seems Barrowhouse joining the Arles' has annoyed you greatly . If they didn't start pursuing their players then more than likely the amalgamation would have remained. Barrowhouse like Kyle, Ballypickas etc are now having to fight harder and harder for their existence. They more than likely felt under threat that Josephs would pick their talented youth. Unlike other clubs the house never had much of a history of outward transfers the Kingstons being a notable exception. This would suggest a loyalty and love of their club. But they were definitely not born and bred Barrowhouse men. The amalgamation with the Arles makes sense . 3 clubs with similar playing pools. Geographically tight  and all with the same motive to develop every single juvenile player. Josephs in reality never needed Barrowhouse to compete but they did need them to win. I'd imagine countless youngsters in the Arles' and Barrowhouse have been lost to game because they weren't getting the game time necessary and therefore unable to develop. Don't be annoyed monumental road. You may not win as much as you did but at least countless more Josephs youngsters will get games now that the Barrowhouse lads are gone .

The previous amalgamation with Killeen nearly destroyed the club. This is news to me. Care to enlighten us?
Firstly i'm most certainly not annoyed as I don't have any connection with St Josephs although I do admire them greatly and have good friends from up there.
I do agree with a lot of what you say but  I do remember in the past when B/House played with the Arles parish teams at juvenile level and it done nothing for them. The first 15 always came from that parish and Barrow house players were left sitting on the side lines. Why they decided to leave the Joes/B/house combination beggars belief as they actually benefited greatly from that agreement and always got a fair deal.

Pursuing players Pablo, are you sure of this. As far as i'm aware and i'm fairly sure of this, St Josephs never chased any player from Barrow house and never pursued some of their present players who can legally play with St josephs as they live in Ballyadams parish.

The case involving Brian Daly is a personal decision by the player himself. Nothing to do with St josephs.

At the end of the day if Daly is refused his request, St Josephs will march on anyway. Barrow House will be at the beck and call of the Arles clubs and when they do join up Barrow house will be left to fend for themselves. Pity