A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on May 03, 2017, 09:19:42 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 03, 2017, 07:12:57 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 02, 2017, 10:36:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2017, 07:55:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 02, 2017, 05:32:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2017, 05:29:16 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 04:15:10 PM
This is all handbags The Brexit will be soft simply because both UK and EU are mutually dependent
Who needs the other the most?
I know one part of us would love to see the Brits totally fck up but we also know it's better for us if they remain reasonably successful and maintain a common trading area.
I would love to see the Tories f**k up and be excluded from  power for a generation

They were out for a generation and uk government still fucked up... politicians will always f**k you over doesn't matter a feck what colour of tie you were

+1

I wish people would stop going on about this Tory and Labour shite. They both sing from the same hymn sheet. They're not there to do me or you any good.

No point talking to gobshites who are obsessed with the Left as if left wing politics will change everything for the better. They are usually failed university students who think they know better what to do with your wages I.e. Give it to welfare scroungers

Yeah because these welfare "scroungers" are the real problem. I see their propaganda has won you over anyway.

Nope they arent really the problem just one of many reasons that working class voters feel pissed off..You cant blame the tax avoiders, the 1% rich who have screwed the system because the government have allowed it, the ones we have voted in...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Except it doesn't matter who the 6 Cos voters elect.
They'll never be in the British Government anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heganboy

Who materially benefits from Northern Ireland being part of the UK?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

Quote from: heganboy on May 03, 2017, 01:42:29 PM

The south of Ireland for not having to foot the bill for a banana republic.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2017, 10:33:16 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 03, 2017, 09:19:42 AM
This is all handbags The Brexit will be soft simply because both UK and EU are mutually dependent
I know one part of us would love to see the Brits totally fck up but we also know it's better for us if they remain reasonably successful and maintain a common trading area.
I would love to see the Tories f**k up and be excluded from  power for a generation

They were out for a generation and uk government still fucked up... politicians will always f**k you over doesn't matter a feck what colour of tie you were

+1

I wish people would stop going on about this Tory and Labour shite. They both sing from the same hymn sheet. They're not there to do me or you any good.

No point talking to gobshites who are obsessed with the Left as if left wing politics will change everything for the better. They are usually failed university students who think they know better what to do with your wages I.e. Give it to welfare scroungers

Yeah because these welfare "scroungers" are the real problem. I see their propaganda has won you over anyway.

Nope they arent really the problem just one of many reasons that working class voters feel pissed off..You cant blame the tax avoiders, the 1% rich who have screwed the system because the government have allowed it, the ones we have voted in...

THe system is set up to benefit the big chiefs and their cronies, not for us peasants.

BennyCake

Union fleg manufacturers.

yellowcard

+1

Yes it's much better to have a society where the elite flourish and big corporations thrive whilst the majority of people struggle to make ends meet on a basic living wage. I guess you don't have to worry about suffering from such difficulties though, otherwise you wouldn't be advocating an 'I'm alright jack' attitude where a crumbling health service and a costly education system have adversely affected the average working persons lives. 

Owen Brannigan

The Republic of Ireland.  They don't have to pay for an economic basket case.

haranguerer

seafoid

Quote from: haranguerer on May 03, 2017, 03:42:49 PM
why is it an economic basket case?

-collapse of "Protestant" industries such as shipbuilding
- 1969-1995 and the destruction of a lot of infrastructure plus the emergence of a generation with poor business/management skills
- the world moved on
- Protestant brain drain
- UK economy trina cheile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5e346QvRQ&list=PLoBSoR2vm9GlxMHFwOhmZveCqBHHZ7STP
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

N.I. requires a subvention of around £10bn per annum to keep all services running.  The majority of heavy industry is gone. Most jobs introduced in the last 10 years are in the service sector.  Agriculture is dependent on subsidy from EU for majority of farmers who have small family holdings which produce a barely sufficient income.  Infrastructure, especially when compared to RoI or UK is poor, arterial roads are not dulled or motorways, railways are insufficient, public transport is barely adequate.  There are no natural resources exploited to the point where they produce a significant income, e.g. oil, gas. renewable energies.  Inward investment has not brought in wealth creating or manufacturing industry and has been wasted on a service sector giving millions to law firms, call centres, etc.  The tax base is insufficient to sustain the region.  Housing stock is adequate with no plan to improve it or the associated infrastructure.  The main export is our young people who are educated to third level and then go abroad where their skills can be appreciated.

I could go on.  Thank God for the UK government's willingness to continue to pump billions into a small rural region which will never provide a return on its investment.  so, many of us are living off the Queen's shilling and working in the public sector which still makes up well over 60% of the economic activity.

BennyCake

In other words, the Brits had to get us. It's not costing them near enough.

Not only that, but even in the good times, the infrastructure was poor, nhs fecked, waiting lists etc. This place was never designed to be prosperous, nor never will be

StGallsGAA

Quote from: seafoid on May 03, 2017, 04:01:36 PM

- 1969-1995 and the destruction of a lot of infrastructure plus the emergence of a generation with poor business/management skills
- the world moved on
-Protestant brain drain

Didn't realised Gregory Campbell had left??

armaghniac

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 03, 2017, 07:47:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 03, 2017, 04:01:36 PM

- the world moved on
-Protestant brain drain

Didn't realised Gregory Campbell had left??

I think you misunderstand the meaning of brain drain, it means brainy people leaving, not Gregory Campbell.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B