16 Minutes of National League action on Sunday Sport, Are you kiddin me?

Started by BallyhaiseMan, February 14, 2010, 08:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Top match ups such as Galway/Monaghan
Down/Meath etc
not even covered.

AFS

Surely you're not suggesting that RTE send their own cameras out?

Will a couple of videos posted over from Setanta and TG4 not do ya?

Schkite

It's unreal, second week in a row they haven't shown Monaghan, you'd think at the very least they'd cover the division 1 games. But they should have that and alot more on the show, Division 2 is very competitive aswell. You could pack alot into an hour but RTE wouldn't have enough sense to do that.

Zapatista

Quote from: Schkite on February 14, 2010, 08:48:32 PM
It's unreal, second week in a row they haven't shown Monaghan, you'd think at the very least they'd cover the division 1 games. But they should have that and alot more on the show, Division 2 is very competitive aswell. You could pack alot into an hour but RTE wouldn't have enough sense to do that.

They can't afford to show the games between paying for reruns of sabrina the teenage witch and reruns of George Lee their budget is gone.

Farrandeelin

So what was on it? Surely not the hiding the rugby team got yesterday?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zapatista

Zapatista

donelli

16 mins is quite shocking alrite...... No doubt we'll get hours of a foreign soccer league next week. Rte obsession with the English pl is a joke. I'd happily see them show the league of Ireland than that circus. More Irish sport rte please

longrunsthefox

Youse get the foreign soccer because that's what the population want... sad but true.

mournerambler

Zapatista

Quote from: donelli on February 14, 2010, 09:10:22 PM
16 mins is quite shocking alrite...... No doubt we'll get hours of a foreign soccer league next week. Rte obsession with the English pl is a joke. I'd happily see them show the league of Ireland than that circus. More Irish sport rte please

I suppose sponcers pay more during foreign soccer. Good job we're subsidising rte Lee or we'd have feck all to watch.

Schkite

Hurling piece was interesting alright, still would've rathered more NFL action though.

Though I must say I was shocked to see Monaghan had the highest number of clubs competing in a hurling championship in Ulster after Antrim! You'd think the state of hurling in Monaghan was half-decent looking at that, it doesn't mention that the same team has won 10 of the last 11 titles!

Zapatista

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 15, 2010, 09:45:20 AM
Not only not showing the games but not even commenting on the games or how the various leagues are shaping up.  All they did was give the scores in the games.  If I wanted the scores I would have turned on teletext.

They did find time to talk about Joe McMahon's red card and they repeated the incident a few times too.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 15, 2010, 09:45:20 AM
Not only not showing the games but not even commenting on the games or how the various leagues are shaping up.  All they did was give the scores in the games.  If I wanted the scores I would have turned on teletext.

Though I wouldn't be relying on the teletext either - if you're looking for live scores from matches, Aertel is a disaster - you're better off logging on here.

Last night I went looking around Aertel for the National League tables. They don't seem to be up there either.