NHL 2016

Started by seafoid, February 12, 2016, 02:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

There wasn't much space out there. Be no love lost come munster championship time.

mouview

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2016, 05:50:57 PM
Great game for us neutrals. Neither deserved to lose.

Thought it was very poor for most of it; loose defenders driving balls down into the corners to one forward being marked by two backs. Very little in the way of goal chances. Heap of bad wides. It opened up a bit in ET when both teams tired. Clare at least we know can play better but the Deise seem somewhat intent on being the Donegal of hurling.

johnneycool

Poor enough fare if the truth was told. Two teams with packed defences, trying to take long range points and hitting a good few wide.

Clare missed Conlan to win possession close in, neither Duggan or Cunningham able to do it in the congestion.
Waterford didn't threaten the Clare keeper too much and looked to be the poorer of the two teams, but the replay will give them another chance to get sorted..

Is it just me or is it time that the head high tackling faced sterner punishment. It's endemic in the game now and referees are almost accepting of it? I wonder if Donal O'G will bring it up now that Clare are every bit as proficient at it as anyone else?

Also,
Kevin Moran needs to get the hair cut badly...

waterfordlad

I thought it was a poor game until near end of normal time. Everyone was grumbling about it in Thurles at half time with score at 0-6 each and Waterford hit some awful wides from play and frees especially in first half. Very few goal chances until extra time. Extra time was good as play opened up and teams starting hitting the ball long instead of the short passing. I doubt if either manager wanted a replay and neither did club fixtures people but we'll be back at Thurles next Sunday for part 2 of the three part trilogy.

imtommygunn

Who was the waterford guy who came on? (24 I think?) Big strong guy great at getting space for himself but just had the radar a bit off??

Interesting to see the strength of the 2 benches. No substitutions either did seemed to weaken anything.

waterfordlad

That was Tom Devine. He had 2 good goal chances in extra time that he didn't take but made an impression again when he came on and could be pushing for starting place next week.

imtommygunn

He was probably the best you had in the forwards at making space but finishing let him down. The other sub who got the few points in extra time is bound to be pushing for a start too.

ashman

In 1993 Cork and Wexford league final went to a second replay . 

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 02, 2016, 05:20:55 PM
Who was the waterford guy who came on? (24 I think?) Big strong guy great at getting space for himself but just had the radar a bit off??

Interesting to see the strength of the 2 benches. No substitutions either did seemed to weaken anything.

I see big Dan was saying that they're told to shoot from distance and it wasn't coming off on Sunday and that can happen. It must be soul destroying for the one/other forward left inside feeding off scraps and even then two or three men to contend with. Can't be much enjoyment in that.

As for Clare, Conlan is out for months rather than weeks. He's a huge blow to them and any aspirations they have of giving the long summer a rattle. Maybe Shanaher will get a run out as Cunningham needs a big unit to feed off.

Milltown Row2

Who will have learnt most from the first match?? Thinking Clare will come out on top, marginally though... Possibly another draw.... Just think fire power Clare have it. Be interesting though as giving your hand away before championship will play on their minds I'd say... Should be a good game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Read that Shane O'Donnell is starting today. I think Clare will win. They have better forwards.

manfromdelmonte

Clare will set up very differently for the championship

I expect another cagey game today

Milltown Row2

crazy pace so far.... Waterford off to a flyer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Davy is going to murder the fella who hit that crossfield pass for the waterford goal at half time!

Still think clare will win.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 08, 2016, 03:54:14 PM
Davy is going to murder the fella who hit that crossfield pass for the waterford goal at half time!

Still think clare will win.

Serious pace, scores from distance, some fielding and the tackling is ferocious

If there is a wind its with Waterford but not a big wind