Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Itchy on May 10, 2023, 05:02:26 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 10, 2023, 01:25:43 PM
Flip sake. I came on here to post Paddy Power odds on how many times RG will spit on his hands during the match.

Two responses here are important
1) As Walter Cronc says, why now?
2) As JimStynes says, there are always two sides so we need to be careful

It's over to the County Board to either deal with it or ignore.

This shite has been said a few times. There are not always two sides to the story. IF he beat the shite out of his wife, there is not an other side that somehow justifies it - unless you are a woman beating caveman of course.

Beat me to it. 100% agree. The cause of wife beating is wife beaters

tonto1888

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2023, 05:08:36 PM
Flip sake. I came on here to post Paddy Power odds on how many times RG will spit on his hands during the match.

This shite has been said a few times. There are not always two sides to the story. IF he beat the shite out of his wife, there is not an other side that somehow justifies it - unless you are a woman beating caveman of course.

Fully agree

naka

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2023, 05:08:36 PM

not defending jim as i dont know him
what i assume he means is that it could be untrue

as i articulated previously its an uncomfortable assertion for everyone concerned and what troubles me is the precise  accusations which detail specific events.
but lets not hang anyone yet!

we all agree wife beating is cowardly and heinous  .

general_lee

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 10, 2023, 05:12:57 PM

Derry by 5.
Think today will prove to be a massive distraction for both teams, more so Derry. It will be hard for the players to focus but I imagine (or at least I'd like to think) Derry county board will make some sort of communication this evening. Prior to today I'd have called it a 50/50, while I wouldn't say Armagh now have the edge, Derry definitely don't. Armagh's attacking options off the bench could be the winning of it.

nrico2006

From the posts on here he was tan out of his club in Fermanagh because of this and everybody in Donegal knew too when he was there. How come this is the first we've heard about it? If these thungs were such common knowledge, how come he was kept in employment by Donegal and subsequently given the Derry job?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mourne Red

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2023, 05:37:55 PM
From the posts on here he was tan out of his club in Fermanagh because of this and everybody in Donegal knew too when he was there. How come this is the first we've heard about it? If these thungs were such common knowledge, how come he was kept in employment by Donegal and subsequently given the Derry job?

Because the wife never spoke out nrico? Maybe people have reported it and peelers visited them but dropped it like Greenwood case because "Key witness withdrew" i.E victim.. Also yourself being from Tyrone how would you hear when you're not in local scene in those counties? Plus if anyone on this board had of hinted what they heard the mods delete your post and ban you

Mike Tyson

In fairness lads are hardly just going to start a new thread or post the allegations without it being shut down or deleted by mods and/or derided by other posters for unsubstantiated claims. I'd hazard a guess the difference here is the alleged victim has posted detailing her claims so there is now "substance" to the rumours that had been about for years.

If the rumours were posted without the Facebook post from last night, everyone would be asking what's the proof etc.

balladmaker

Yesterday I was thinking Armagh by several points.  Today, I'm still thinking Armagh by several points, just because I think they're the better team.  Will find out on Sunday.

Rudi

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 10, 2023, 05:44:31 PM

Because the wife never spoke out nrico? Maybe people have reported it and peelers visited them but dropped it like Greenwood case because "Key witness withdrew" i.E victim.. Also yourself being from Tyrone how would you hear when you're not in local scene in those counties? Plus if anyone on this board had of hinted what they heard the mods delete your post and ban you

That's its Mourne Red 100 percent. It's not up to Joe public to bring a case against the alleged plaintiff, the injured party has to do that.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2023, 04:19:08 PM
Quote from: grounded on May 10, 2023, 03:47:06 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on May 10, 2023, 12:24:34 PM
Quote from: grounded on May 10, 2023, 12:20:23 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on May 10, 2023, 11:18:41 AM
Lock the thread Mods!!

Yep, ditto to that.
We'd still need a thread to talk about the match though?

There has been little or no discussion of the match this last few pages.

We're five hours behind most of you, but I wasn't expecting THIS when I clicked on the thread to see the latest.

f**king helll!☹️

Derry in a tough spot, but the only responsible thing to do is stand him down for now until this is resolved.
[/quote

If he's to be stood down then he'll be gone I'd say. This thing ain't gonna be sorted quickly. Unless either party own up (guilty/fabricated story).

Substandard

The further you read into it, the more questions arise.  If true, then he's a monster.  If it's not- and it's very hard to imagine that scenario- then they are horrible allegations.

One thing that is particularly concerning and, frankly, worrying, is part of the narrative suggests that this was all well known, and known for a long time, in different places. 
If this is true, then how was it possible to hide in plain sight for so long?
How many knew it was 'common knowledge', and how could it happen over a prolonged time and nothing was ever done? 

The entire scenario is bizarre, It's been stuck in my head all day, especially since reading suggestions that the allegations could possibly be spurious,  which would mean a whole other response emotionally.  My initial response was to take it at face value, and I still can't see far beyond that.  Whatever transpires, I hope that other victims of domestic violence would be able to break the cycle and get out and get help.

Wildweasel74

Walter Cronc

Itchy

Quote from: Substandard on May 10, 2023, 06:07:40 PM
The further you read into it, the more questions arise.  If true, then he's a monster.  If it's not- and it's very hard to imagine that scenario- then they are horrible allegations.

One thing that is particularly concerning and, frankly, worrying, is part of the narrative suggests that this was all well known, and known for a long time, in different places. 
If this is true, then how was it possible to hide in plain sight for so long?
How many knew it was 'common knowledge', and how could it happen over a prolonged time and nothing was ever done? 

The entire scenario is bizarre, It's been stuck in my head all day, especially since reading suggestions that the allegations could possibly be spurious,  which would mean a whole other response emotionally.  My initial response was to take it at face value, and I still can't see far beyond that.  Whatever transpires, I hope that other victims of domestic violence would be able to break the cycle and get out and get help.

I recently had chat with a girl at work who was beaten up by her boyfriend. She was able to tell me 5 or 6 other women, of the top of her head that are in abusive relationships. I was shocked. It's covered up the victim, the shame, the thought that the victim blamed themselves for provoking the aggressor. The keeping it going for the kids. That's how nothing gets done.