Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?

Started by full moon, May 07, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlier Championship

Success
59 (38.6%)
Failure
61 (39.9%)
Too early to say
33 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 153

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 21, 2023, 08:40:34 PM
One of biggest issues with the split and very congested season is that under age inter county championships get totally lost or ignored.  For example the U20 football championship started tonight and I bet that's news to most on here.

This has been an issue for the last few years with the U20 football especially. It's not directly related to the split season.

Blowitupref

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 22, 2023, 12:03:47 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 21, 2023, 08:40:34 PM
One of biggest issues with the split and very congested season is that under age inter county championships get totally lost or ignored.  For example the U20 football championship started tonight and I bet that's news to most on here.

This has been an issue for the last few years with the U20 football especially. It's not directly related to the split season.

2018 the first year of the U20 championship was played from the 25th May to the 5th of August the following year was made shorter 22 June – 3 August and 2021 championship more rushed again because of covid was played off between 1st July  to the 15th August. 

Each of those three years it got plenty of the limelight. Right now it's hard to keep track of the fixtures when all are squeezed into already busy senior schedule which will naturally grab the majority of attention.  This years U20 All Ireland football final is scheduled for the same weekend as the Leinster,Ulster senior football finals and round 1 of the Tailteann cup along with Munster hurling championship,Christy Ring,Nickey Rackard,Joe McDonagh cups also.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Is there any schedule for the round robin games this year, if one wanted to go on holiday?
The GAA website seems silent on the matter, although it does have the quarter-finals.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Quote from: armaghniac on March 22, 2023, 01:23:40 AM
Is there any schedule for the round robin games this year, if one wanted to go on holiday?
The GAA website seems silent on the matter, although it does have the quarter-finals.

Senior All Ireland ground stage? It was published with the master fixture list in December.

20-21.05.2023 (Sat/Sun)
GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship | Round 1 (Home & Away)
(Involving Munster & Connacht Finalists)
Seed 1 v Seed 3
Seed 2 v Seed 4

27-28.05.2023 (Sat/Sun)
GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship | Round 1 (Home & Away)
(Involving Leinster & Ulster Finalists)
Seed 1 v Seed 3
Seed 2 v Seed 4
----------------------------------------------

03-04.06.2023 (Sat/Sun)
GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship | Round 2 (Home & Away)
Seed 3 v Seed 2
Seed 4 v Seed1

17-18.06.2023 (Sat/Sun)
GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship | Round 3 (Neutral)
Seed 1 v Seed 2
Seed 3 v Seed 4

24-25.06.2023 (Sat/Sun)
GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship | Preliminary Quarter-Finals  (2nd v 3rd in groups)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eire90

Estimator

Quote from: armaghniac on March 22, 2023, 01:23:40 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship?wprov=sfla1

Run down of all 2023 C'ship fixtures etc
Ulster League Champions 2009

lenny

Quote from: Eire90 on March 24, 2023, 02:12:02 PM
mayo requesting league final on saturday.

Absolute joke, sure they have a free run this weekend. All their first choice players can get a week off.

armaghniac

Quote from: Estimator on March 24, 2023, 02:24:06 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship?wprov=sfla1

Run down of all 2023 C'ship fixtures etc

Yes, but the rounds and the groups for the All-Ireland group stage are all mixed up here, which explains my question above.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Is there any need for that preliminary quarter final? Is that to make sure there are no dead rubbers?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eire90

Quote from: ONeill on March 28, 2023, 09:56:56 PM
Is there any need for that preliminary quarter final? Is that to make sure there are no dead rubbers?

seems to be so on final day a every team should still have something to play for either winning group to get the bye or get 2nd or 3rd and avoid elimination.

Eire90

Do teams that finish 2nd get home advantage in prelim qfs their should be an award for coming 2nd rather than 3rd.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eire90 on March 28, 2023, 11:30:17 PM
Do teams that finish 2nd get home advantage in prelim qfs their should be an award for coming 2nd rather than 3rd.
Yes

seafoid

This weekend

Rugby champions cup final
English Premier League second last round of matches
League of Ireland
USPGA
Katie Taylor homecoming fight
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The PRO

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2023, 12:20:02 PM
This weekend

Rugby champions cup final
English Premier League second last round of matches
League of Ireland
USPGA
Katie Taylor homecoming fight

Club league match for me tonight, Laois v Offaly in Portlaoise tomorrow evening and watch whatever other GAA games I can. MOTD and MOTD2 will do me for the soccer.