Recent posts

GAA Discussion / Re: Negativity around current ...
Last post by Rossfan - Today at 08:03:09 PM
No Co Board put up a motion to that Congressy retain the 2022 system.
94.7% voted for the present system to come in for 2023.
To an simple west of Ireland lad like meself that sounds fairly decisive.
General discussion / Re: The DUP thread
Last post by Brendan - Today at 07:56:17 PM
Trying to pin the blame on Jeffrey and distance himself from it maybe?
General discussion / Re: Westminster General Electi...
Last post by RadioGAAGAA - Today at 07:54:36 PM
Quote from: LC on May 29, 2024, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: marty34 on May 29, 2024, 09:16:31 PMThis is the type of candidate that SF are 'going after' now I think.  Moving away, to a certain extent, from the old guard. Pat is new blood, if you pardon the pun!

If she is successful, would she go down the route of Health Minister at some stage? She would have a better knowledge that most of this portfolio.

Maybe some long term planning here but needs to get elected first obviously.

Snapchat might know more?

Can't see her trading being an MP for MLA.

Maybe Minister for Health in the Dail?
Last post by marty34 - Today at 06:52:06 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on Today at 06:47:55 PMSo, big Jeffrey  was lying back in January about the Irish Sea border  being removed (as  anyone with  half a brain cell knew)

Robinson yesterday confirmed  this.

I 'm not sure why they  would  admit  this with an election coming? Surely this will  send many  of their  voters to the TUV (or other parties)?

Not only that , but Robinson stood with Jeffrey in January knowing what he was  saying was a lie.  Can unionist voters trust a word he (or the DUP) says again?

Is this the end of the DUP?

Not a chance. They've changed their tune because there's an election in the offing. It's a joke.

Giving out about the thing they signed up for to go back into Stormont. Now he's saying we need to look at it again - embarrassing.

Election mode.
Last post by AustinPowers - Today at 06:47:55 PM
So, big Jeffrey  was lying back in January about the Irish Sea border  being removed (as  anyone with  half a brain cell knew)

Robinson yesterday confirmed  this.

I 'm not sure why they  would  admit  this with an election coming? Surely this will  send many  of their  voters to the TUV (or other parties)?

Not only that , but Robinson stood with Jeffrey in January knowing what he was  saying was a lie.  Can unionist voters trust a word he (or the DUP) says again?

Is this the end of the DUP?
General discussion / Re: Russia invades Ukraine Feb...
Last post by armaghniac - Today at 06:43:28 PM
Quote from: Horse Box on May 29, 2024, 11:38:20 AMThe shelling of Civilian areas by Ukraine/US/NATO is okay with you then ?

No, of course it is not. Some things will occur in a war that should not and they should be stopped as far as possible. However, the bulk of the blame lies with the country that started the war by invading another one and the war can be stopped by that county withdrawing its forces.

In the twilight zone rambling that we are seeing here, there is a lot of crap about America encouraging Ukraine to join NATO. As far as I know, nobody has ever said that Ukraine should join NATO, but the Ukrainians want to join. In the 1990s Ukraine decommissioned its nuclear weapons and much of its munitions, and it received security guarantees from the US and Russia. Given that Russia has shown every intention of reneging on its agreement Ukraine inevitably sought protection from their other guarantor, WTF do you expect them to do? Lie down and let Russia occupy them?
General discussion / Re: Car Insurance!!!!!
Last post by Armagh18 - Today at 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: marty34 on Today at 05:46:45 PMI said this before but some MLA should tackle this head on and go to town on these clowns.

Call all the heads of insurers into a committee meeting and grill the f&"k out of them.

Complete rip off.
Easy vote winner.
Last post by armaghniac - Today at 06:28:58 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on Today at 06:00:15 PMSo , do insurance companies really check  your annual mileage?

They don't check until you have a claim. On an online site if you change the mileage that you say you then the price will go a up a bit.
In Covid I rang up and said that I was driving feck all and got a bit off.
However, in Dublin I am paying less than I did 30 years ago, things seem worse in the occupied territories.
GAA Discussion / Re: Negativity around current ...
Last post by RadioGAAGAA - Today at 06:06:57 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2024, 11:19:46 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 29, 2024, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2024, 08:54:13 PMYe had similar to that in 2022 and 90% of the GAA couldnt wait to dump it as it wasn't wanted.

Sources for this please...?
Congress 2022. It was 94.7% in fact.

The congress that was in Feb of 2022 was able to make an informed decision on the approach used in the 2022 Championship?

Some foresight there all right.
Last post by AustinPowers - Today at 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on Today at 05:44:11 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on Today at 04:37:03 PM
Quote from: general_lee on Today at 03:42:43 PMIt's a complete racket. I'm reluctant to ever actually claim off my insurance (touch wood, I've never had to in 20 years driving)

You're as well just lying to them to try and keep the premium down(car stored in garage, parked securely at work, only 3k miles a year). It's not like you won't get shafted anyway if you're honest and actually need to make a claim.

Apparently reducing  the annual  mileage thing  doesn't make any  real difference to the cost .

I dont even  know why they ask you your annual mileage  , because they can  find out how much you did  between  MOT's. It's all online

Risk - the more miles you do, the greater the chance you will be in an accident.

Yeah I understand that , but  a few years back I changed jobs.  I had kept the same mileage (around 15k)  , but went through the details the following year, and asked them to reduce it to about  to 5-6k , as I was doing a lot less miles. The  insurer said the cost was the same

On the other hand.... A cousin of mine  used to  do a night or two  of  pizza runs (unofficially)  and  I asked him if his  insurance company ever said anything  about his extra  mileage.  On his policy he  said  about 7-8k and he was doing 20k plus.  Nothing was  ever mentioned.

So , do insurance companies really check  your annual mileage?