Recent posts

General discussion / Re: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC ...
Last post by Armamike - Today at 11:08:37 AM
Good result and decent performance.  Could see the team get a new lease of life once that goal from Gravenberch went in.

Easy to be less than optimistic though.  Been here before and know the script.  115 charges FC don't tend to  let go once they get in front at this stage.  Just have to keep plugging away and hope.
Down / Re: Down Club Hurling & Footba...
Last post by johnnycool - Today at 10:52:58 AM
Quote from: Blackandblue2 on Today at 10:37:57 AMSo whats the chances this weekend? Anyone giving us a punchers chance?

I see the game isn't being televised? On BBc or Rte?
Has this every happened for a Ulster semi final before, why would all games including prelim be on and not the Semi final?

Is it expected to be 1 sided and not worth the viewing?

GAAGO are showing it
Antrim / Re: Antrim Hurling
Last post by imtommygunn - Today at 10:52:11 AM
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and...
Last post by square_ball - Today at 10:50:45 AM
Its a real 50/50 game. I don't know if either team really knows where they are at. Notwithstanding that Derry gifted them 3 goals, Donegal still looked pretty impressive. Tyrone were cruising after 50 minutes and looked good as well in that time.

In a way I would have liked it to be Derry with the Mickey Harte factor. It would have been some craic in the build up to it.
General discussion / Re: Premier League 2023-2024
Last post by Maroon Manc - Today at 10:45:37 AM
Forest a joke, don't think any of those decisions are nailed on pens. Not having either of the first 2, probably need to see the 3rd again.

The whinging after the Liverpool was a farce and thats from a United fan.
Tyrone / Re: Tyrone County Football and...
Last post by Tyrone Dreamer - Today at 10:42:41 AM
I think we need to drop one of the corner forwards and bring another out and out worker into the team. We also need more pace round midfield so really hoping Kilpatrick is fit - both him and Oguz would be a good help around there.

Good to get younger players game time yesterday but would really help if we had a couple of the experienced players available for next week - it's going to be hot and heavy. I don't see us as being as open on the kickouts as Derry and Donegal could have a problem if Patton unavailable. If they aren't getting the scores from kickouts they'll rely on turnovers and breaks - Tyrone have to be better set up for this and get stops on.

We are more than capable of winning this if can get a bit more structure into our defensive shape.
General discussion / Re: The DUP thread
Last post by johnnycool - Today at 10:41:27 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 09:07:21 AM
Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2024, 08:12:56 AMA school with 13 pupils, 3 teachers and 3 support staff.

Surely that can't continue.

I wonder how far away the next 'similiar' primary school is to each of them?

Is there not an enrolment figure in primary and once it dips below that, there needs to be an assessment down on it.

Politicians won't make good decisions - like hospitals etc.

By 13 pupils is very low.   

That's kids from P1 to P7, so at best two per age group and a classroom size of 4 or 5 for each teacher...

Nuts

Last post by Blackandblue2 - Today at 10:37:57 AM
So whats the chances this weekend? Anyone giving us a punchers chance?

I see the game isn't being televised? On BBc or Rte?
Has this every happened for a Ulster semi final before, why would all games including prelim be on and not the Semi final?

Is it expected to be 1 sided and not worth the viewing?
Last post by johnnycool - Today at 10:37:02 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on Today at 09:24:06 AMShould clubs who routinely choose not to field at reserve level face harsher penalties? Every year, the same crap happens.

Is there not a £300 fine for not fielding?
GAA Discussion / Re: Connacht senior football c...
Last post by twohands!!! - Today at 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: Manning18 on January 01, 1970, 05:45:37 AMOutside of occasionally Armagh and Dublin, no football teams fans can really hold a candle to Munster hurling teams at the moment

Not really fair comparing with the completely different setup in hurling.

The football provincials are not much more than a warm-up before the serious business starts with the group stages.

The Munster hurling round-robin has real jeopardy with every single game being critical given 40% of the teams taking part will be finished for the summer in a few weeks (and possibly even sooner depending on how results go).