Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Aye they thought that last year look what happened.

KIDDO 4

FergalWard  will referee the Clonoe v  Coalisland senior championship replay , Sunday next 3.45pm ,Dungannon.

WT4E

Is County final 9th October?

If Clonoe win they would have played 6 weeks on the bounce - games far better than training IMO!

CC

Quote from: Helpline on September 26, 2016, 01:13:01 PM
Seen both semi-finals and have no doubt that the stronger side of the draw was held in Omagh. Killyclogher are now nailed on for the trophy and rightly so.

You mustn't have much on today!!  ...wonder does anyone bite  ;)

In hiding

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 26, 2016, 01:23:59 PM
FergalWard  will referee the Clonoe v  Coalisland senior championship replay , Sunday next 3.45pm ,Dungannon.
Wow !
Hope it's not a hard game to ref

Tyrone Gaa

There doesn't seem to be a nailed on referee in terms of rank.  Hurson is obviously the county representative but not without his critics.  There is a lot of rotation going on giving men the opportunity to prove themselves.  Is this a good thing?  Are they assuming that all referees are at the same level?  With Shane Meehan out of the equation I imagine that Sludden or Hurson will be ref for the county final.
Living the dream!!!

Club Rossa

Sludden won't get the final as his son plays for Killyclogher.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 26, 2016, 02:42:28 PM
Sludden won't get the final as his son plays for Killyclogher.

Good call, forgot about that  :-[
Living the dream!!!

Helpline

Quote from: skeog on September 26, 2016, 01:22:16 PM
Aye they thought that last year look what happened.
Exactly,... once bitten and all that, Killyclogher will destroy either victor from the east. ;D
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Helpline

Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2016, 04:07:51 PM
Quote from: CC on September 26, 2016, 12:50:13 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 26, 2016, 12:13:20 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 26, 2016, 11:50:23 AM
After watching the two semi finals over the weekend i have come to the conclusion that the standard of club football in tyrone as dropped.  Although it may be competitive and quite a number of teams have a realistic change of winning from the start, i do think skill levels have went down.  The reasoning for this has to be put surely to blame on defensive systems that teams put in place where stopping the other team from playing is nearly is as important as scoring yourself. Just my opinion.

Aye but entertainment has been deadly.

The standard of refereeing this year has been a joke! ...no more free flowing, hard hitting fair football.

Its now stop/start slow tempo football due to whistle happy refs which takes away from the entertainment but that's just the way the game is going (Tyrone football isn't lacking in skill). It's no coincidence the number of points from free's in yesterday's semi which was fairly well disciplined for a local derby.

Fianna red and clonoe black both very harsh IMO.

Ref's don't have an easy job but in what case does common sense prevail in officiating a game nowadays??

Let the lads play!!  ::)
Didn't see the red but Clonoe's black card was a black card all day long.
I agree the black card was the correct call, Peter Donnelly's red was a tad harsh.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

winghalfback

Quote from: Helpline on September 26, 2016, 04:16:08 PM
After watching the two semi finals over the weekend i have come to the conclusion that the standard of club football in tyrone as dropped.  Although it may be competitive and quite a number of teams have a realistic change of winning from the start, i do think skill levels have went down.  The reasoning for this has to be put surely to blame on defensive systems that teams put in place where stopping the other team from playing is nearly is as important as scoring yourself. Just my opinion.

The standard of refereeing this year has been a joke! ...no more free flowing, hard hitting fair football.

Its now stop/start slow tempo football due to whistle happy refs which takes away from the entertainment but that's just the way the game is going (Tyrone football isn't lacking in skill). It's no coincidence the number of points from free's in yesterday's semi which was fairly well disciplined for a local derby.

Ref's don't have an easy job but in what case does common sense prevail in officiating a game nowadays??

I agree the black card was the correct call, Peter Donnelly's red was a tad harsh.

So a clear strike is a harsh red card now. I thought the rule was striking or attempting to strike? Donnelly struck end off.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: winghalfback on September 26, 2016, 05:17:03 PM

So a clear strike is a harsh red card now. I thought the rule was striking or attempting to strike? Donnelly struck end off.

And Mayler was struck against Omagh. Should that have been red? I am of the opinion that common sense should be used. Fair play to the Clonoe player for staying on his feet and running it off. Was great to see.

Uncle Kev

Right guys ; will someone enlighten me as to who is going to go up from division 2 along with Pomeroy ?

square_ball

Donaghmore as league winners

Pomeroy as championship winners

Plays offs ....... dunno

winghalfback

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 26, 2016, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 26, 2016, 05:17:03 PM

And Mayler was struck against Omagh. Should that have been red? I am of the opinion that common sense should be used. Fair play to the Clonoe player for staying on his feet and running it off. Was great to see.

If you strike you deserve to go that's that. I was surprised that the Clonoe player never got a red v omagh. I'd say Donnelly will appeal and get off on some sort of technicality like mc Cusker did.