The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Saw some of the highlights from the WM open there. None of them involving any golf funny enough. I'd say the game is up for that event. I'd imagine a lot of the top players will hardly bother putting it into their schedules next year.

screenexile

Sounds like Lowry's lost the plot +2 on the front 9 on a Sunday isn't going to win you much!!

Dag Dog

Rumours that McIlroy is ready to jump to LIV.
That will be some u-turn for him, but maybe a sign that LIV are going to win eventually.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dag Dog on April 16, 2024, 10:53:14 AMRumours that McIlroy is ready to jump to LIV.
That will be some u-turn for him, but maybe a sign that LIV are going to win eventually.

Does LIV provide an actual work life balance in this sport?

What happened to the merge
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Rory (as a player) and Tiger (as a non player) meant to be getting ownership of their own LIV team is what I heard.
And going the other way, the top performing LIV players will be allowed to play in some of the PGA signature events.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on April 16, 2024, 01:36:03 PMRory (as a player) and Tiger (as a non player) meant to be getting ownership of their own LIV team is what I heard.
And going the other way, the top performing LIV players will be allowed to play in some of the PGA signature events.

The PGA players who stayed loyal got royally shafted, any merger or compensation deal will have to involve big money going to these players.

Orior

Quote from: Dag Dog on April 16, 2024, 10:53:14 AMRumours that McIlroy is ready to jump to LIV.

Also rumours that Rahm is heading back to PGA.

Things I don't expect to see:
- Rory joining LIV
- Ian Paisley hugging Martin McGuiness
- DUP sharing power with Sinn Fein
- Jim Alister in Stormont which is running the Irish Sea border
- Mickey Harte managing Derry hi

and of course
- Dublin being split in two (city and county) to give other Leinster teams a chance
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

I know mad shit happens these days and there are plenty of heel turns here and there but McIlroy going to LIV would be right up there with he worst calls of all time.

I just can't see it and after initial reports the noise seems to be it's nonsense. I don't doubt he had conversations with them and eye watering amounts of money were talked about but after all that's happened how could he do it? It would throw golf into compete disarray!

Dag Dog

It's a bit like the situation over whether McIlroy would represent Ireland or Britain in the Olympics!

screenexile

Dag Dog

Quote from: screenexile on April 16, 2024, 04:57:39 PMHe's just come out to say it's all bullshit.

https://x.com/ToddLewisGC/status/1780261285185159419
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.