Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maldini

Biggest VAR talking point of the night was Maguires handball at the end I thought
Compare that to a lot of penalties we've seen given this season and it was clear

Rich Ricci

Quote from: maldini on January 12, 2021, 10:49:12 PM
Biggest VAR talking point of the night was Maguires handball at the end I thought
Compare that to a lot of penalties we've seen given this season and it was clear

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought they changed the directive on handballs mid season so that some of the real clangers seen early on would no longer be given. Now if maguires fall into that bracket is a different matter.

maldini

Don't honestly know the current rules on handballs. Surely they shouldn't be changing it midway through a competition anyway

It was very similar to the one united got after the full time whistle at Brighton I thought

NAG1

Not sure if this run of form from PP makes him more likeable or even more unlikeable.

When he wants to play like that and has probably even more in the tank he is a joy to watch.

Solid performance if not thrilling, Martial and Rashford really struggling for form, but getting away with the wins. Martial injury opens the door for someone for the weekend.

Will he go for Greenwood or go back for Fred and McTominay and push Pogba forward? Or finally give Donny a shot at it?

Maroon Manc

Can't stand Pogba, turns up when he feels like it. Put himself about physically last night for the 1st time, lets hope his form can continue until the end of the season.

Its some run from United with 29 points from the last available 33, don't think any red seen this coming so going to really enjoy this week. I have no idea how this season pans out for United, we could drop plenty of points this month and be well out of it come the start of Feb. Keeping Bailly fit is going to be so important, if Lindelof had played centre half the last 4 league game I doubt we'd have 10 points. If I were Ole I'd be trying to bring someone in this month even if it was a winger on loan, we're desperate for a genuine wide player.

Hope Ole can keep proving me wrong.

imtommygunn

Pogba , even from a non united fans perspective, is your worst nightmare. He has huge ability when he can be arsed.

At least with the likes of Arsenal and Ozil you knew he just couldn't be arsed all the time.

He's actually just a slightly wiser version of Balotelli lol.

BennyCake

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 13, 2021, 02:59:42 PM
Its some run from United with 29 points from the last available 33
Yes, in a lot of games Utd have had the rub of the green.
At this point, either their luck will run out or they'll build on it and start to win games with more conviction.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 13, 2021, 05:44:20 PM
At this point, either their luck will run out or they'll build on it and start to win games with more conviction.

Disagree on the rub of the green, its over egged.

United will have to defend better and produce more consistent performances to go on another run like we are currently.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 13, 2021, 05:56:21 PM

United will have to defend better and produce more consistent performances to go on another run like we are currently.

Their ability to beat the top 3 teams will be their downfall..

If they could nick a draw against them then they'd have an opportunity but dropping 9 points won't do them any favours...

While the run is good, it makes life easier for OGS .. few signings would be nice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bord na Mona man

Burnley, Villa, Sheff Utd, Southampton and Wolves games were all games that were squeaked out to some degree. Leicester was the only game where Utd were punished.
Not that I'm complaining but if last night's game had gone on 10 more minutes Burnley would have surely scored.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 13, 2021, 06:41:01 PM

Burnley, Villa, Sheff Utd, Southampton and Wolves games were all games that were squeaked out to some degree. Leicester was the only game where Utd were punished.
Not that I'm complaining but if last night's game had gone on 10 more minutes Burnley would have surely scored.

United thoroughly deserved to beat Burnley, Villa, Sheffield United and Soton. United might have been 2-0 down at half time against Soton but played well going forward in the 1st half and shouldn't have been in that position.

If the game had gone on another 10 minutes last night United would have scored another goal. United were lucky against Wolves but were very unlucky against Leicester who equalised with a deflected shot that was going wide.

Boycey

So Wazza moves from playing to management. He's not one that I'll have a warm fuzzy feeling about like others but he was some player in his prime... Best of luck to him, maybe he'll replace Ole in the future...

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2021, 02:59:44 PM
He's not one that I'll have a warm fuzzy feeling about like others but he was some player in his prime...

Why is that? He's the record scorer, part of one of the most successful teams ever.

Is it cause he flirted with leaving to get more £, he's a scouser??