Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

playwiththewind1st

Tickets booked in QFT for Tarantino film. Getting great reviews. Hope it lives up to the hype so far.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Boycey on July 31, 2019, 07:30:46 PM
This looks absolutely fecking awesome  8)

https://youtu.be/1Expe7hf6MU

New use of technolgy to make actors look younger.

Milltown Row2

New Spider-Man movie, great show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

under the bar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 01, 2019, 10:37:56 PM
Apollo 11 is class. See it in the cinema as tv won't do it justice.

Agreed. The take-off scene is breathtaking.

themac_23

Quote from: Boycey on July 31, 2019, 07:30:46 PM
This looks absolutely fecking awesome  8)

https://youtu.be/1Expe7hf6MU

If you're in to reading check out the book this is based on  'i heard you paint houses' great read was delighted when i finished it and heard they were making a film about it, the cast should do the story justice

themac_23

Quote from: lurganblue on July 05, 2019, 12:28:57 PM
Toy Story 4. More of the same but just as enjoyable. 7/10

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 05, 2019, 12:05:53 PM
Is it me or has there been a dearth of really good movies this past year?

TV series seem to be killing the movie quality.  I am looking forward to the new Tarantino one though.

do you think its a case that movies are now seen as too long for the younger generations? People dont have the attention spans anymore so 45/50 min segments are long enough to keep people engaged. as you say all the money seems to be pouring in to series as opposed to films, wonder is it a sign of things to come

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: themac_23 on August 02, 2019, 01:28:42 PM

TV series seem to be killing the movie quality.  I am looking forward to the new Tarantino one though.

do you think its a case that movies are now seen as too long for the younger generations? People dont have the attention spans anymore so 45/50 min segments are long enough to keep people engaged. as you say all the money seems to be pouring in to series as opposed to films, wonder is it a sign of things to come

Dont know about that. I find it easier to watch a 2hr film still than get stuck into something that is 10 episodes and maybe multiple seasons long to tell a story

screenexile

Watched a few movies the last couple of weeks as I had some spare time on my hands.

Hobbs and Shaw - 6.5/10 It's absolute muck but then quite enjoyable muck. I just love the Rock even though this is probably the most cheese he's ever fitted into a film but then what else was going to happen when he goes back to his Samoan roots!!

Once Upon a Time in Holywood - 6/10 I came out of this film not sure if it was a masterpiece or shite. I've since come to the conclusion it's shite and was basically Tarantino having a 2h 40m w**k on screen. Yes the acting and soundtrack were superb but the story/plot was basically non existent. What exactly Margot Robbie was doing in the film I will never know. Just strange and far too long. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

lurganblue

Quote from: themac_23 on August 02, 2019, 01:28:42 PM

Yes it's too long for the feckers to be apart from the screen of their phones.  Cinema constantly being lit up by young ones checking their messages or sending snaps ffs.

Quote from: screenexile on August 21, 2019, 10:16:59 AM
Watched a few movies the last couple of weeks as I had some spare time on my hands.

Hobbs and Shaw - 6.5/10 It's absolute muck but then quite enjoyable muck. I just love the Rock even though this is probably the most cheese he's ever fitted into a film but then what else was going to happen when he goes back to his Samoan roots!!

Once Upon a Time in Holywood - 6/10 I came out of this film not sure if it was a masterpiece or shite. I've since come to the conclusion it's shite and was basically Tarantino having a 2h 40m w**k on screen. Yes the acting and soundtrack were superb but the story/plot was basically non existent. What exactly Margot Robbie was doing in the film I will never know. Just strange and far too long. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Been looking forward to this film for ages! I will still be going in hope of another Tarantino masterpiece.

Tony Baloney

Would agree with Screen about Hobbs and Shaw. Probably the most stupid film I have seen in years but it was enjoyable in parts. Still prefer the main F&F series though.

Undecided about seeing Tarantino's new one. Reviews vary wildly as he always divides opinion.

JimStynes

Some of Tarantino's movies have to be the most overrated in history.

lurganblue

Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2019, 07:56:13 AM

Which ones?  Not everything he touches is golden of course and some dont get very good reviews at all i would say.

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2019, 07:56:13 AM

I would agree.  Although there are some like True Romance that seem to be underrated.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'