Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: ONeill on July 29, 2018, 06:18:09 PM
Do we accept that every cyclist dopes?

I need a fix for the 6 mile pedal to work. So how do them lads do it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maddog on July 29, 2018, 09:52:30 PM

I need a fix for the 6 mile pedal to work. So how do them lads do it?

Professionals?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2018, 09:03:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 29, 2018, 06:52:44 PM
Not sure, but it's a shame for people who win the TdF etc who are clean.*

*"Can you win the TdF if you're clean?", is another matter.

But if they are all at it then surely it's a level playing field?

Doesn't work like that though as humans are put together differently. I can't remember the science of it, but the likes of epo and the % difference it can make before red flags are raised (above a certain % of a natural body level of something I canny mind the name of ) differs from man to man. Read the Tyler Hamilton book, and you'll be in no doubt anyone anywhere near competitive in European cycling is at it. Out of interest (I don't know), but how do the stage times now compare to the Lance years?

omaghjoe

https://wattmatters.blog/home/2018/7/20/alpe-dhuez-tdf-fastest-ascent-times-1982-2018

The Alphe is usually the standard bearer for times.

Definite peak in the 90s & 00s Tho in saying that it can be deceptive with tactical riding etc. A TT of the climb would be only level playing field for comparison.

.. And doping or not can we really comparing Thomas to Il Pirata as a like for like comparison as a climber?

Mayo4Sam

Hematocrit is the red blood cells, Tyler Hamiltons book is excellent on it

You have to go down to 16th on the all time fastest list to find a cyclist who hasn't been popped, Carlos Sastre, the forgotten tour winner
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

illdecide

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-cosmic-pro-carbon-sl-disc-wheelset-ust-2018/rp-prod163648

What do you reckon with these wheels? I can get them for £800 but not sure if i should be paying that sort of money for the level i cycle at?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

heffo

Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2018, 08:42:37 PM
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-cosmic-pro-carbon-sl-disc-wheelset-ust-2018/rp-prod163648

What do you reckon with these wheels? I can get them for £800 but not sure if i should be paying that sort of money for the level i cycle at?

You can get much better value on adverts & donedeal

Some of the Mavic's don't go to well with bigger units - not sure if you're more greyhound or tank

illdecide

Quote from: heffo on September 05, 2018, 03:11:58 PM

Some of the Mavic's don't go to well with bigger units - not sure if you're more greyhound or tank

Is 14 stone a tank?

bennydorano

I cracked Mavic rims a few years back, would have been 14st+ at the time. Luck of the draw with wheels I reckon.

grounded

Quote from: illdecide on September 05, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

Is 14 stone a tank?
On

From the spec '
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included'

Funny i always thought these wheels had a limit for about 90-95kg but there you go. Should be ok for you.
     As for there use, if you have the few extra Bob and you really like the wheels, buy them. Personally i could think of a few better ways to spend that money.

bennydorano

Eddie Dunbar picked up by Sky until end of 2019. Great move for him

illdecide

Nice we 100k sportive running from Carryduff (outside Belfast) on Sat morning, £15 to enter which all goes to two different Charities. Anyone interested give me a PM and i'll email you the details.

heffo

Quote from: grounded on September 06, 2018, 12:14:33 AM
Quote from: illdecide on September 05, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

Is 14 stone a tank?
On

From the spec '
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included'

Funny i always thought these wheels had a limit for about 90-95kg but there you go. Should be ok for you.

That's the info I was always told

GJL

Done the Dublin City Cycle today. Great craic. Guts of 7000 people done it!

maddog

Any thoughts on the worlds on Sunday ? Course looks to be one of the hardest ever.
The Italians, French, Spanish, Colombians have very strong hands, GBR will fancy the Yates lads but no real evidence of previous one day form in classics that i can think of.
Nibali has targetted this most of the year but his injury in TDF set him back and they may well ride for Moscon who is in excellent form.
Dan martin is tailor made for this course but again injury has not seen him in best light recently. Valverde, Alaphilippe are 2 of the favs but i think both have had long seasons.
For a few small sporting bets have gone for Roglic 14/1 Uran 33/1  Martin 40/1 Kruijswick 150/1 and 2 mad ones on Nieve 400/1 and rein Taaramae 750/1 the latter 2 both excellent climbers on their day.