Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

ballyroanabbey/ballyroan abu,,very surprised yee didnt retain the services of p clancy,,i thought yee wer quiet good under him again came within a whisker of the semi final this year,,why would yee bother going gaels when yee are doing quiet well under age,,,st pauls as stated could win a few titles but it doesnt progress them to senior as they all now play for intermediate sides and that is a bad championship,,,emo v timahoe they will be the ones challanging for senior status

BallyroanAbu

His choice not ours left on good terms always welcome back.

Ballyroan Abbey

Is there any talks about gales teams happening next year, considering how successful a year crettyard had with spink you would think a few more clubs would consider it, i know josephs and barrowhouse came close last year but considering that they came close to beating portlaoise this year they might not be interested again, i do think barrowhouse would be an interesting option for clubs on the kildare/carlow border, regarding emo/courtwood now would probably be the best time to join if they ever do it as it would give them a strong chance of winning in there first year which tends to help amalgamations

Laois fan

Is there not talk of some of the emo boys kicking with mountmellick next year

town1980

i heard that emo lads want to but i do think this will hinder there intermediate chances,,,kick in the ass to the club if you ask me,,seems like a loss for yee in ballyabbey

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Uisce on October 17, 2016, 03:00:30 PM
Can intermediate players play senior football with a Gaels team or is it only Junior lads? You would imagine a few of the Emo boys would want to play Senior.. they would give a serious boost to a club!
It's an area team or a group team. Not a "Gaels team". And yes, intermediate and junior players can come together to form an area team or now join an existing senior club to form an area team.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Can anyone from Portlaoise confirm how Bruno is?

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on October 17, 2016, 08:04:19 PM
Can anyone from Portlaoise confirm how Bruno is?

Released from Hospital today,suffering from concussion,doesn't remember anything of the game which is probably a blessing in disguise 😏

High Fielder

That sod in O Moore Park must be awful hard  ::) Sickening. Pity Eddie and his boys missed that.

welcomehome

What i will say is that eddie kinsella behaviour  was disgraceful in letting the match go on and bruno down injured..He deserves better than that..There were 7 officals there yest and not one person saw a thing.The one thing portlaoise will have to do going forward that they may get more physical..being too nice is  getting them nowhere....

High Fielder

Where head injuries are concerned, you stop the game. End of story. Knowing what we know now, this potentially could have been very serious. That's just the tip of the iceberg. We know nothing of the incident itself and how it happened.

welcomehome

it could have ended very bad..tg it didnt...

High Fielder

It's bad enough as it is if you ask me. A lad ends up in hospital with concussion and nobody knows what happened. Worse still, we play on while he lays on the ground concussed. Not good enough on any level

Saint75

There are 2 cameras on every game in omp for this reason and they should be used. With the amount of Stradbally officials in around omp I doubt if it will.