Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Hard to bate an oul Strokestown turnip. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lenny

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 28, 2017, 12:16:24 AM
Youngest team left in the semi-finals, has the penny dropped yet? Will anyone be surprised if the beat Mayo by 10?

I would be very surprised if they beat mayo by 10. Mayo will go at them man for man and it will be very close like last year.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedHand88

Quote from: ONeill on August 28, 2017, 08:53:31 AM
Quote from: blast05 on October 04, 2016, 08:14:16 PM
This is truly staggering...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct8TECwXEAAavJn.jpg:large

That's a weird map of the nord

Other 3 semi finalists very far down the pecking order in that interestingly. What are fermanagh spending the money on? RHI boilers?

omagh_gael

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 28, 2017, 09:59:54 AM

Other 3 semi finalists very far down the pecking order in that interestingly. What are fermanagh spending the money on? RHI boilers?

Fermanagh's figures probably skewed by their small playing numbers. Dublin clearly operate at a significant advantage but the most important variable is they've got 30+ players who are serious players and athletes. I truly feel that this will be the best team ever to play the game.

The money is a huge advantage, as I say, but it appears the most significant element is it's maximising the natural advantage they have over the rest of the country i.e. their playing numbers. It'd be interesting to see trends of registered adult members over  the previous decade across the top counties. Is the increased development money making a significant difference in the numbers playing and persisting with GAA over alternative sports in the city?

longballin

Money can't buy you love or a team like the Dubs...

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 28, 2017, 10:15:59 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 28, 2017, 09:59:54 AM

Fermanagh's figures probably skewed by their small playing numbers. Dublin clearly operate at a significant advantage but the most important variable is they've got 30+ players who are serious players and athletes. I truly feel that this will be the best team ever to play the game.

The money is a huge advantage, as I say, but it appears the most significant element is it's maximising the natural advantage they have over the rest of the country i.e. their playing numbers. It'd be interesting to see trends of registered adult members over  the previous decade across the top counties. Is the increased development money making a significant difference in the numbers playing and persisting with GAA over alternative sports in the city?

The modern game demands huge athleticism to make it.

I'd say the top 7/8 Dublin clubs probably train to the levels of a Div 2 county side. Most club players in Dublin are probably at near of close enough to intercounty standard in terms of S&C so they just happen to pick the biggest, quickest and best footballers out of that pool and train them to an even higher standard.

rosnarun

lack of coaches is a problem as increasingly few are willing to put in the time without being paid. a lot of that is just the modern way of life in the rural area with people commuting long distances but even though the gaa is doing well financially they could not afford to pay a coach at every club.
the emphasis in local gaa now must be to making coaching as attractive Sas possible and get people qualified with little or no expense to themselves . include external S&C  qualifications in to courses as well as coaching are people are willing pay big money for these.
this would be a much better use of resourse than just paying a coach who has no intret in any particular club
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: mayoaremagic on August 28, 2017, 02:14:37 PM
Con O'Callaghan should have been black-carded after his rugby tackle. Andrews - red carded after his tackle, following his yellow.

"Operation Financially Dope & Then Keep Dublin In The Championship" continues.

Man City buy their way into another final. Whoop-dee-doo. Money, money, money. That's why Dublin are where they are and the GAA top brass have a lot to answer for.

Getting your excuses in early again this year.  ::)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Owenmoresider

Con O'Callaghan should have been black-carded after his rugby tackle. Andrews - red carded after his tackle, following his yellow.

Man City buy their way into another final. Whoop-dee-doo. Money, money, money. That's why Dublin are where they are and the GAA top brass have a lot to answer for.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=28088.msg1731066#msg1731066
???

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 28, 2017, 02:21:21 PM

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=28088.msg1731066#msg1731066
???

This looks like someone with too much time on their hands.  ???
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

JimStynes

Does anyone know the real jobs of the Dublin County team? You hear all this shite that they don't work or their work allows them 3 months off during the summer etc. It would be interesting to hear the truth regarding their jobs and if they truly are professional or is it just pub talk. Is the likes of Brogan hanging onto his place on the Dublin team purely for publicity reasons and sponsored cars etc.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: lenny on August 28, 2017, 08:48:29 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 28, 2017, 12:16:24 AM
Youngest team left in the semi-finals, has the penny dropped yet? Will anyone be surprised if the beat Mayo by 10?

I would be very surprised if they beat mayo by 10. Mayo will go at them man for man and it will be very close like last year.

+1 and add to the fact that Dublin haven't won by a large margin in AI final for 40 years.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on August 28, 2017, 07:04:31 PM
Does anyone know the real jobs of the Dublin County team? You hear all this shite that they don't work or their work allows them 3 months off during the summer etc. It would be interesting to hear the truth regarding their jobs and if they truly are professional or is it just pub talk. Is the likes of Brogan hanging onto his place on the Dublin team purely for publicity reasons and sponsored cars etc.
Knock yourself out. A decent number of teachers, students and "bank reps" which probably cover most successful GAA teams.

http://www.dublingaa.ie/teams/players/stephen-cluxton

JimStynes

Sure the teachers are back in school now!! What does a bank rep actually do? I assume these boys all work throughout the work but maybe have flexible working hours and get extra leave for All Ireland final week etc. No one actually gets paid to play though?