Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

One that's completely flogged the dead horse but anyone seen new Fast X?

Haven't been to cinema in ages, usually only go for something worthwhile. I know what to expect with F&F films just though the whole special effects and sounds might make it more bearable on the big screen

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 24, 2023, 11:35:01 PM
One that's completely flogged the dead horse but anyone seen new Fast X?

Haven't been to cinema in ages, usually only go for something worthwhile. I know what to expect with F&F films just though the whole special effects and sounds might make it more bearable on the big screen
I honestly haven't seen much hype in the media about it which I thought was strange as usually see plenty and as MR says big movies are thin on the ground these days. I see there is a new Transformer movie out too. I'd usually only have seen these types of movies when taking this children but they're too old to bother now. It's dire at the minute after Covid killed production for 2-3 years.

lurganblue

Quote from: maddog on April 08, 2023, 08:17:58 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 13, 2023, 10:21:45 AM
Watched The Swimmers recently on Netflix (a true story of 2 middle class Syrians journey from Syria ultimately to Germany), a grim eye opener.

Good shout, watched last night, as you say an eye opener

Yes, enjoyed this film too. Some scenes really hit hard.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: screenexile on May 24, 2023, 10:24:37 PM
Don't watch the new White Men Can't Jump...

Never saw the original, so reckon I'm safe enough here.

Milltown Row2

Watched The Covenant... really enjoyed it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Soju

A few Foreign Movies- that I rate very high and maybe not that well known:

Capernaum (Lebanon movie shot like a doc - crazy realistic)
A Separation (Iranian drama/ mystery)
The Hunt (Danish - Drama)
The White Ribbon (German -about the roots of Nazism)
Honeyland (North Macedonian - documentary)
Mirage (Spanish - Mystery/ Fantasy)
A Moment to Remember (Korean - Drama/ Romance -WARNING it will make you cry)
Peppermint Candy (Korean - Drama / dark -probably need to understand a bit about Korean history to fully enjoy)
Wild Tales (Argentinian - Black comedy - six short stories)
Incendies (Lebanon- Drama/Mystery)
Bleak Night (Korean - Drama)
The Invisible Guest (Spanish - Drama/Mystery)
Victoria (German - Drama/crime)
Lilya 4-Ever (Russian - Drama/crime)
Lion (Indian- Biography/drama)
Revanche  (Russian - Drama/crime)
Last Train Home (Chinese - Documentary - this film will remind you of how good you have it)

bennydorano

Elvis was good. Have always been a big Elvis fan, bit so/so on Baz Lurhmann but he'd so much material to work with it would have been harder to mess up. Tom Hanks didnt do it for me as Col Parker, bit too Wicked witch of the West for me.

J70

Enjoyed Air.

Pretty typical of that type of film, but the good cast and pacing made it better than most of what you get these days.

Guardians 3 was fun. Took the lad and some of his mates to see it.

Skeletor

Stay clear of The Pope's Exorcist. The acting is mediocre at best and the film isn't even scary.

Milltown Row2

Stay clear of the worst ever (and there's been a few) 'Irish' film, Dead Shot, how it was ever allowed to be completed is beyond me and what Mark Strong was thinking when asked to do it I don't know. Woeful
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Soju

Quote from: Skeletor on June 07, 2023, 10:56:51 AM
Stay clear of The Pope's Exorcist. The acting is mediocre at best and the film isn't even scary.
Agree! Terrible movie

theticklemister

What a film I watched last night, 'Don't tell a soul'. Only new. Class act.

An Watcher

Must be better than thr new indiana jones film.  Poor enough 5 or 6 out of 10

GAABoardMod5

Spoiler posts get removed.

Olly

But alas I didnt say anyrhing about the film only the man behind me.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".