Lawless Republic

Started by Rudi, September 21, 2022, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Murder in the graveyard in Tralee. Done in broad daylight in front of hundreds of witnesses. The dead man sent out a video proclaiming he didnt want any part in a feud.
Again the free legal aid brigade are involved,  they are involved in a disportinate level of crime. Society is in decline, but sure as long as they do it to themselves, we'll be alright Jack.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Failed by the state, the poor man.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Itchy

Quote from: Rudi on October 07, 2022, 12:12:24 PM
Murder in the graveyard in Tralee. Done in broad daylight in front of hundreds of witnesses. The dead man sent out a video proclaiming he didnt want any part in a feud.
Again the free legal aid brigade are involved,  they are involved in a disportinate level of crime. Society is in decline, but sure as long as they do it to themselves, we'll be alright Jack.

Is that supposed to be a clever way of saying travellers? Do you have data to say Travellers are involved in a disproportionate amount of crime versus other disadvantaged groups?

Rudi

Quote from: Itchy on October 07, 2022, 01:07:45 PM

Is that supposed to be a clever way of saying travellers? Do you have data to say Travellers are involved in a disproportionate amount of crime versus other disadvantaged groups?

No, most people who par-take in this type of crime are in receipt of free legal aid. Your second question is based on your initial presumption. I replied to Brokencrossbar in relation to what I think should be the approach with dis-advantaged groups. Pretty sure you're a Sinn Fein voter, those boys & girls would know a thing or 3 about crime & free legal aid. I'm sure they'd have all the stats on crime you're looking for, then probably not.

brokencrossbar1

Was having coffee in a friends office yesterday and we were discussing this and also discussing the Donegal Celtic shooting. Whilst completely different in their background they are both products of 'gangs' and control. The paramilitaries of the 80's and 90's have been replaced by other types of 'gangs'. The difference now is the levels of money involved in the crimes. There's no such thing anymore as an 'ordinary decent criminal'. With the drugs that the place is awash with there's no controls anymore. I'm general though crime rates are dropping. Violence and sexual offences have risen, as have drugs and public order. Likely there's a cross connection between all of these but in general we have never been safer. Instances like the Donegal Celtic killing and this Tralee incident are headliners but in general they are not the norm

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2022, 01:34:08 PM
Was having coffee in a friends office yesterday and we were discussing this and also discussing the Donegal Celtic shooting. Whilst completely different in their background they are both products of 'gangs' and control. The paramilitaries of the 80's and 90's have been replaced by other types of 'gangs'. The difference now is the levels of money involved in the crimes. There's no such thing anymore as an 'ordinary decent criminal'. With the drugs that the place is awash with there's no controls anymore. I'm general though crime rates are dropping. Violence and sexual offences have risen, as have drugs and public order. Likely there's a cross connection between all of these but in general we have never been safer. Instances like the Donegal Celtic killing and this Tralee incident are headliners but in general they are not the norm
I do not understand why society has ceded so much power to drugs gangs.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2022, 01:43:56 PM

If there is a need for it then people will profit from it, drugs, coal, oil .. One is illegal the others seem to be ok

I suppose 2 recent murders in the West of the city will bring it home, but there has to be higher figures across the country, turf wars are no different than the paramilitary feuds from years ago, they were brutal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Cocaine is an easier, and sometimes cheaper, option to many now instead of getting drunk. There is the demand and that is being supplied. Over the years the paramilitaries kept their areas under control but that is gone. There is a vacuum that the police have never been able to close up.

Don't though that they are running areas. The reality is crime is not as bad as it used to be,  it's simply more visible

Itchy

Quote from: Rudi on October 07, 2022, 01:23:00 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 07, 2022, 01:07:45 PM

No, most people who par-take in this type of crime are in receipt of free legal aid. Your second question is based on your initial presumption. I replied to Brokencrossbar in relation to what I think should be the approach with dis-advantaged groups. Pretty sure you're a Sinn Fein voter, those boys & girls would know a thing or 3 about crime & free legal aid. I'm sure they'd have all the stats on crime you're looking for, then probably not.

The first word of your response would have been enough.

Truth hurts

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2022, 02:10:57 PM

Is it true that Crossmaglen is now being run by drug barons? back in the day that wouldnt have happened

Cocaine is an easier, and sometimes cheaper, option to many now instead of getting drunk. There is the demand and that is being supplied. Over the years the paramilitaries kept their areas under control but that is gone. There is a vacuum that the police have never been able to close up.

Don't though that they are running areas. The reality is crime is not as bad as it used to be,  it's simply more visible

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 07, 2022, 02:26:43 PM

Is it true that Crossmaglen is now being run by drug barons? back in the day that wouldnt have happened

Yeah that's 100% true. They have a big house that over looks the town and the locals have to take their first born for a blood sacrifice to them to ensure they are not punished....standard stuff really

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2022, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on October 07, 2022, 02:26:43 PM

Yeah that's 100% true. They have a big house that over looks the town and the locals have to take their first born for a blood sacrifice to them to ensure they are not punished....standard stuff really
Sadly it's a massive problem in Cross and surrounding areas as well as Newry these days. Scumbags see it as handy money and if rumours are to be believed half of them are psni informants as well.

Certainly wouldn't have been the case 30 years ago

rosnarun

What a lovely Bunch of reactionary Tories
Over reaction to Criminal Problems have never been known to solve anything .
we are rant the no 1 friendliest place in the world and the 8th most peaceful but read the thread it peple aeem to think we are something similar to Elsalavdor or Jamaica
Educate yourselves before you write and never propagate fake news through Ignorance
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM