20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Silver hill on November 02, 2021, 12:49:24 PM
All depends on what your starting point is?
The current reincarnation is most definitely a vast improvement on where we were sat in the 70s and 80s in the bad old days.
But then my da would tell be yarns about the b specials when he was growing up and the tans /RIC of his father's era.
Let's just say it's definitely better but if my own son came to me and said he wanted to join the PSNI there would definitely be an eyebrow raised.

You obviously didn't see the machine gun photo in Crossmaglen. As I said, a British agenda.

thebigfella

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 02, 2021, 12:37:05 PM
any psni among your gaa clubs?

Dunno but would be unlikely. Plenty of guards though

Truth hurts

I would not let my son join the psni even though i support them and feel they are greatly improved service.

Itchy

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 02, 2021, 01:29:29 PM
I would not let my son join the psni even though i support them and feel they are greatly improved service.

How would you stop him joining? I expect he would be an adult at the time of application. Me, I dont trust them and I doubt i ever will when they go around with a crown on their jackets.

johnnycool

You see how that's a little contradictory (and I've probably the same outlook as you) in some much we think they're better than they were but with a huge way to go hence the reason I couldn't argue with Benny's stance.

The question for the nationalist/republican community is how do you go about enacting change within that organisation so that they don't chaperone loyalist thugs through East Belfast one day and then set upon nationalists honouring their dead on the Ormeau Road the next?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 01:36:41 PM

How would you stop him joining? I expect he would be an adult at the time of application. Me, I dont trust them and I doubt i ever will when they go around with a crown on their jackets.

Do you not live in Free State? maybe im wrong

Truth hurts

i would also feel uneasy if a senior footballer in my club was a psni cop, thats very sad mind you

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 02, 2021, 01:56:55 PM

I do, your not wrong. Not claiming to have know PSNI better than you boys.

Silver hill

Quote from: BennyCake on November 02, 2021, 01:06:57 PM
The current reincarnation is most definitely a vast improvement on where we were sat in the 70s and 80s in the bad old days.
But then my da would tell be yarns about the b specials when he was growing up and the tans /RIC of his father's era.
Let's just say it's definitely better but if my own son came to me and said he wanted to join the PSNI there would definitely be an eyebrow raised.

You obviously didn't see the machine gun photo in Crossmaglen. As I said, a British agenda.

I did see that photo.
The difference now is that they're not going to use said machine gun.
What was your man thinking though....very poor judgement and badly advised.

Armagh18

Quote from: Silver hill on November 02, 2021, 03:39:40 PM

I did see that photo.
If the days where here that he had a need for that gun in Cross he wouldn't have been able to stand and pose for a photo with it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 02:04:23 PM

Its our business up here, we dont need free state wannabe chuckies firing fuel to a fire they know nowt about.

Snapchap

Undoubtedly a different force on the ground than the RUC was. At senior, leadership level though, I don't see a big sea change. Ask any family trying to get to the truth surroundig cases involving collusion/suspected collusion, and they'll tell you about PSNI obstruction.

This was the front page story in the Irish News only last week:
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/10/25/news/psni-accused-of-attempting-to-thwart-publication-of-police-ombudsman-report-into-loyalist-murders-2488795/

Go back to 2019, and a Court of Appeal found the PSNI had unlawfully failed to conduct an independent probe into alleged state collusion with the Glenane Gang. The judge found the PSNI treatment of the victims' families as "unfair in the extreme".

In February 2018 it was inadvertently discovered through civil proceedings that several thousand documents, crucial to an Ombusdman investigation into 10 UDA murders in South Belfast, had not been provided by the PSNI to the Ombudsman.

In 2017, the High Court ordered the PSNI to meet with the Glenanne Gang victim's families within 5 weeks. They failed to obey the ruling.

I could post examples all day long, and the theme is the same - obstruction.

BennyCake

Quote from: Silver hill on November 02, 2021, 03:39:40 PM

I did see that photo.

It was what the image said. It's still bandit country, snipers lurking around every corner, we walk around armed to the teeth because of all these terrorists in South Armagh. These fenians, can't be trusted, IRA decommissioning my arse... or whatever spin you want to put on it.

Why not take images of police walking through the town, chatting to locals, helping older folk carry their shopping, buying a couple of coffees from the local shop, kicking ball with youngsters in the square, chatting with a couple of Cross club men at the pitch etc etc. Wouldn't that portray things in a better light? Isn't it great we can do this? Barriers are being broken down. Trust for the PSNI in South Armagh is growing etc etc......

Nope, remember... it's all about pushing the British agenda.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 02, 2021, 04:01:15 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 02:04:23 PM

Its our business up here, we dont need free state wannabe chuckies firing fuel to a fire they know nowt about.

Let me know when you officially speak on behalf of everyone in the North, ie when you are 1st minister or equivalent.

red hander

Quote from: Snapchap on November 02, 2021, 04:09:23 PM
Undoubtedly a different force on the ground than the RUC was. At senior, leadership level though, I don't see a big sea change. Ask any family trying to get to the truth surroundig cases involving collusion/suspected collusion, and they'll tell you about PSNI obstruction.

This was the front page story in the Irish News only last week:
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/10/25/news/psni-accused-of-attempting-to-thwart-publication-of-police-ombudsman-report-into-loyalist-murders-2488795/

Go back to 2019, and a Court of Appeal found the PSNI had unlawfully failed to conduct an independent probe into alleged state collusion with the Glenane Gang. The judge found the PSNI treatment of the victims' families as "unfair in the extreme".

In February 2018 it was inadvertently discovered through civil proceedings that several thousand documents, crucial to an Ombusdman investigation into 10 UDA murders in South Belfast, had not been provided by the PSNI to the Ombudsman.

In 2017, the High Court ordered the PSNI to meet with the Glenanne Gang victim's families within 5 weeks. They failed to obey the ruling.

I could post examples all day long, and the theme is the same - obstruction.

This. The high ranks are ingrained with the baggage of the disgraced RUC and will never change until they are cleared out.