Drink Driving

Started by Boycey, October 27, 2015, 05:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

As a new father, this stuff scares the hell out of me.  We will forget about this but the family never will.  A life sentence.   God help them

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Very sad story and the reaction is understandable.

I take a shandy about 3 times a year, so I don't condone the actions of any drink driver. However I would like to know more about the actions of Finbar O'Rourke and his story. Was he a sc**bag, or someone that was encouraged to drink that day? Did he drink and drive on a regular basis? Was he doing someone else a favour? Was he speeding? I assume that his family are part victims in this too.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

Lord God, my heart goes out to that family, and indeed every family who has lost young children due to those circumstances. Found it very hard reading. Had tears in my eyes too. Such a young life cut short. Words fail me. Why do people do it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ThroughTheLaces

Extremely hard to read. Cant even imagine what they are going through. On this topic, is jumping in the car after drinking something many of here would do / have done?
The apple never falls far from the tree.

snoopdog

God love them that was heart breaking reading. I have 3 wee ones and I couldn't comprehend losing one of them.
Drink driving leaves so many torn families.

5 Sams

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on October 27, 2015, 10:35:19 PM
Extremely hard to read. Cant even imagine what they are going through. On this topic, is jumping in the car after drinking something many of here would do / have done?

I live half a mile from the club and wouldn't even dream about taking the yoke home after 2 pints. Thing that scares me is that if I collect it the next day about 1pm after 7 or 8 pints the night before I could still be done. However no sympathy for cnuts who get tanked up on pints and half uns and then drive home and wreck peoples' live. Jail the fcukers.
The Aristocrat Years

stew

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 27, 2015, 11:36:54 PM

I live half a mile from the club and wouldn't even dream about taking the yoke home after 2 pints. Thing that scares me is that if I collect it the next day about 1pm after 7 or 8 pints the night before I could still be done. However no sympathy for cnuts who get tanked up on pints and half uns and then drive home and wreck peoples' live. Jail the fcukers.

What scares me is that is what scares you 5 Sams, I mean really, they would do you 12 hours later? wtf is the limit over there? Here it is .08.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

I wouldn't take even one if driving. What's the point and one leads some boys into the temptation of another and then another.

armaghniac

Quote from: stew on October 27, 2015, 11:56:06 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 27, 2015, 11:36:54 PM

What scares me is that is what scares you 5 Sams, I mean really, they would do you 12 hours later? wtf is the limit over there? Here it is .08.

It is 0.05 in the 26 counties. In fairness, by 1pm you would be unlikely to  be over the limit. This issue arises more with people out until 2-3am who get up at 7am and drive to work, hence the early morning checkpoints in December.

Tony Baloney

From 2-3pm or to 2-3pm?

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2015, 12:37:54 AM
From 2-3pm or to 2-3pm?

from 2-3pm to 2-3am!

I always preferred the 24 hour clock! Those who drink to 02:30 and arise at 06:30.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on October 28, 2015, 12:48:52 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2015, 12:37:54 AM
From 2-3pm or to 2-3pm?

from 2-3pm to 2-3am!

I always preferred the 24 hour clock! Those who drink to 02:30 and arise at 06:30.
Never great preparation for driving a vehicle.

omaghjoe

Heartbreaking story, very brave of the mother.

bennydorano

Quote from: Orior on October 27, 2015, 10:01:22 PM
Very sad story and the reaction is understandable.

I take a shandy about 3 times a year, so I don't condone the actions of any drink driver. However I would like to know more about the actions of Finbar O'Rourke and his story. Was he a sc**bag, or someone that was encouraged to drink that day? Did he drink and drive on a regular basis? Was he doing someone else a favour? Was he speeding? I assume that his family are part victims in this too.
I think the '8-10 pints' on board took any possible mitigation out of it.