The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

To poach an egg.

Get the water in the suacepan to a rolling boil.  With a spoon stir the water vigorously so it forms a vortex.  Crack the egg into this vortex. 

You will have to experiment as to how long you leave it for your own preference.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

stew

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 10, 2012, 01:49:04 PM
To poach an egg.

Get the water in the suacepan to a rolling boil.  With a spoon stir the water vigorously so it forms a vortex.  Crack the egg into this vortex. 

You will have to experiment as to how long you leave it for your own preference.

To keep the egg together, throw a couple of tablespoons of vinegar into the water prior to it boiling, much better job altogether.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stew on April 10, 2012, 02:58:15 PM
To poach an egg.

To keep the egg together, throw a couple of tablespoons of vinegar into the water prior to it boiling, much better job altogether.

Was going to say that, vinegar is vital.

Canalman

Bought this yoke( pun intended) in Heatons recently. About E2 and you simply break the eggs into the holders and bang them in the microwave for 2 minutes and you get imo perfect poached eggs without all the foostering about.

Never quiet mastered the boiling pan approach.

southdown

running bores the life out of me.  iv started doing circuit training at the gym, its brilliant and you don't be long getting in shape

laceer

To poach an egg.

Take the saucepan off the heat, drop your eggs in and stick the lid on it. Just over 6 mins does it for me

No need to stir the water either

Rois

Put cling film deep into a cup, then break the egg into the cling film and close over. Wing it in the boiling water and leave for a few mins, the egg will stay together and cook nicely.

Denn Forever

QuoteTake the saucepan off the heat, drop your eggs in and stick the lid on it. Just over 6 mins does it for met

No need to stir the water either

That is the way to soft boil eggs. 

I'd give it 7 minutes if you want to avoid the horrible unsolidified  white fragments.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

So in conclusion:

No potatoes,
No rice,
No bread,
No sandwiches,
No chocolate,
No muffins,
No alcohol,
No butter,
No chicken,
No fries!

F*ck the running I'll pay for the liposuction.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on April 10, 2012, 06:40:19 PM
So in conclusion:

No potatoes,
No rice,
No bread,
No sandwiches,
No chocolate,
No muffins,
No alcohol,
No butter,
No chicken,
No fries!

Doesnt make for great reading. I'll cut back but not cut much out entirely or Id never stick it.

Week 1 Day 1 of the couch to 5k completed. Ate no crap today - porridge, fruit and nuts for brealfast and sandwich for lunch

Captain Obvious

Quote from: muppet on April 10, 2012, 06:40:19 PM
So in conclusion:

No potatoes,
No rice,
No bread,
No sandwiches,
No chocolate,
No muffins,
No alcohol,
No butter,
No chicken,
No fries!

;D

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 10, 2012, 08:38:27 PM

Week 1 Day 1 of the couch to 5k completed. Ate no crap today - porridge, fruit and nuts for brealfast and sandwich for lunch

Fair play,how'd you find it?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

downgirl

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 10, 2012, 06:27:37 PM
Quote from: Canalman on April 10, 2012, 04:07:51 PM
Bought this yoke( pun intended) in Heatons recently. About E2 and you simply break the eggs into the holders and bang them in the microwave for 2 minutes and you get imo perfect poached eggs without all the foostering about.

Never quiet mastered the boiling pan approach.

I got one of those microwave things but the lid kept bursting open scattering the egg all over the place

If you pierce the yolk it should stop the egg from exploding all over the microwave.  Have one of those wee things and it's the job.

As for the losing weight thing I agree with Rois with regards to Slimming World, initially I was doing this (by myself, not going to the classes) but I'm not sticking to it rigidly any more. 

One thing I have found is doing a water routine once or twice a week as well as your usual 'land' routine really kicks it off.  If you can find a good aqua aerobics class it is really worth a shot...I know what you are thinking, for aul biddies and injured people.  That's what I thought.  I wrecked my ankle at the start of January and decided to go along as I couldn't do my step routines and thought it would be grand.  How wrong was I!  Excellent workout, great for intense cardio and toning as well.  Even though this and swimming was the only thing I was doing for the first few months of the year I still lost weight, so I would highly recommend it!  Also I LOVE step.  I know classes seem like a girlie thing but they work!!  :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on April 10, 2012, 09:37:06 PM

On paper it looks like a piece of piss but I found it tight enough going. I took the wanes out the back road after work so they were on bikes and I was pushing a pram. Was in jeans and a jumper so no intention of doing it but thought I would give it a lash anyway. As I had no earphones and the phone in my pocket I missed some commands so was running longer sometimes. I'll not judge my performance too harshly tonight!

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 10, 2012, 10:03:24 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 10, 2012, 09:37:06 PM

On paper it looks like a piece of piss but I found it tight enough going. I took the wanes out the back road after work so they were on bikes and I was pushing a pram. Was in jeans and a jumper so no intention of doing it but thought I would give it a lash anyway. As I had no earphones and the phone in my pocket I missed some commands so was running longer sometimes. I'll not judge my performance too harshly tonight!

I know Muppet said the gear was important Tony - but fair play to you for going out and getting a pram too.