The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on April 14, 2012, 12:00:04 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 13, 2012, 11:54:30 PM
Had a wobble today and it wasn't just my belly. Friday is fryday at work but had a reasonably healthy fry and healthy lunch and got some exercise done before work. The drive home wasnt spbgood as the missus asked for Dominos and chips and onion rings on the way home! Had half an Easter egg too.  :-[

I have to love this - what do you mean fry day at work? What's that all about? We have an ice cream van comes around every 2 weeks that the company pays for but I'd be much happier with a fry!
Friday is the day everyone hits the canteen for a dirty fry at 10am. Five pieces (2of which is meat) for £2.50.

ONeill

2 reluctant sausages, 2 timid bacon and a soda.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 12:10:37 AM
Name the 5 pieces in your 'reasonably healthy fry', Tony.
2 bacon rind removed, grilled tomato, toasted soda and beans and a mug a tae. It's usually bacon, 2 sausages, 2 soda, beans and a hash brown, and maybe a tomato if Im on a health kick.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 12:26:26 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 14, 2012, 12:23:59 AM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 12:10:37 AM
Name the 5 pieces in your 'reasonably healthy fry', Tony.
2 bacon rind removed, grilled tomato, toasted soda and beans and a mug a tae. It's usually bacon, 2 sausages, 2 soda, beans and a hash brown, and maybe a tomato if Im on a health kick.
You usually have a 7 piece or an 8 piece if you're on a health kick. Dead in a week.
God shouldnt have made the bad stuff taste so good! There is a boy in work eats that every day and has unsurprisingly put on 3 stones in the 3 years working there.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on April 10, 2012, 09:37:06 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 10, 2012, 08:38:27 PM

Week 1 Day 1 of the couch to 5k completed. Ate no crap today - porridge, fruit and nuts for brealfast and sandwich for lunch

Fair play,how'd you find it?

Honesty session:

Wk 2 day 3 later today.

Cut out a lot of crap in the last two weeks. But I am not going down the road of cutting out everything listed here or else I would give up quickly.

Made a rookie error weighing myself yesterday, i.e. used a different scale and thought I had gained weight. I've actually lost a few kilos but honestly don't see it. I am under 13 stone for the first time in 6/7 years so that alone is worth the exercise (bad pun apology).

I will be having a few pints and dinner out over the next two days so it will be interesting to see what that does to the weight.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

The scales are a bastid, with the cycling i've got lean everywhere except round the gut, i've plateaued a bit with the weightloss, as i've got more 'muscly' the scales are roughly stayin the same but my performance etc.. has improved.

Denn Forever

Remember, Muscle weighs more than Fat (volume before someone says 1kg Muscle = 1kg Fat).
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

Aye i know, it's still disheartening sometimes to stand on the scales thou, even being aware of that fact. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on April 14, 2012, 05:11:28 PM
Aye i know, it's still disheartening sometimes to stand on the scales thou, even being aware of that fact.

Throw the scales out, how you look and fit in your clothes is a great indicator of whether you are getting fitter, leaner.

The gut will only go if you work on it. Cycling won't do it. Beer the killer of a six pack
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

If you read back you'll see I agree completely regarding alcohol. 

What gut exercises would you suggest?  (was recently reading that doing sit ups will do f**k all only give you herniated discs).

Milltown Row2

Press ups and pull ups, simple things that you can do in the house. The plank also very good.

I use a sit up bench thing at the gym which you put weights on at the front and back. It does tone the stomach.

They also have those vibrating plates at the gym, I do the plank on them for a minute and then press ups, a set of 3. I don't do them all the time but Christ its difficult but works also.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

The scales are what cause a lot of people to give up. The body will lose weight when it's ready, if it's ready. It's how you look and feel that is the biggest indicator of health.