The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

I needed something to transport the oxygen tank.

Milltown Row2

Some cracking posts.

The diets only work on some people, you need to find the right diet for your body.

I used slimming world at the start for 6 weeks, that got off that stone I was looking rid off and Ive been at the gym 4 days a week, Paying 37 quid a month makes me want to go to get my monies worth ;)

I have the same routine during the week, 5 k followed by core work then the weights. then a swim 10 lengths, usually. On a Saturday/Sunday I change the routine and try one of the classes or do work on different machines, rowing, bike, or  kettle bells.

This may seem a lot but it roughly takes about a hour thirty all in. I go straight after work one day as the kids are at some club until that time, and I go late one night when the kids are off to bed, the gym is opened till 10. And Friday I finish at 12.30 so gym then pick kids up at 3.00pm!! Works in well. I then go either on a Saturday or Sunday

I can now eat what i like, though my diet is totally different to what it was before, instead of a fry I have an omelet, I have cut out the sauces and make my own curry's (not the bottled jars) plenty of pasta, and meat and veg. Still have the sweet tooth and would have a bar a choclate a day, would never have been a crisps man so no miss there.

Down side was I had to buy new clothes :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Obviously excercise and diet is the way forward to lose weight.  I think a bit of excercise in the morning is a great way to start the day and rev up your metabolism.  Always found a bigger difference to weight loss when you add in a few morning sessions.
Also green teas and other anti oxidants are good for reving up your metabolism aswell.
For anyone looking to get that extra bit of help try out Oxy Elite Pro tablets.  I have tried loads of supplements in the past for various reasons ranging from, recovery drinks, to mass gainers etc.  But these things are great for what they are meant to do!

ballinaman

I've changed the diet a fair bit since Christmas and have noticed a difference in the gut. I've always done at fair bit of running and have stayed around the same level for years. I did the marathon last October and even though I had plenty of training done I knew my diet wasn't right, you know somethings up if you're running guts of 60 miles a week a still a bit soft around the middle! ha

So since Christmas,Guinness,bread, spuds and pasta have bit the dust. So have any sauces..uncle Ben's ect, anything processed basically.
Upped my intake of protein, chicken breast fried in coconut oil with cashew nuts for breakfast for example. Replaced the carbs with extra green veg..,.organic broccoli, green beans and spinach.
Try to have lean steak 3 mornings a week the mornings I'm doing gym work and firing the organic mixed nuts into me all day.
Got a decent fish oil is well that i take a spoon of with any meat meals. The butchers down the road do turkey sausages and turkey burgers which are lovely and full of protein.

Have noticed I'm sleeping way better, feeling much stronger throughout the day too. Running is going well and building nicely for a couple of races coming. Still well able to have the jar on the weekend and 1 good decent sh1t meal a week too  ;D.

Working out same price as previous shop per week roughly, the processed sauces and boxes of cereals are a rip off anyways.

ONeill

Just ate another Easter egg there for lunch. That's 6 now since Sunday. Anyone bate that?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Now that I'm that bit older, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to shift the weight. Used to be, when I got on the chubby side a bit, I could lose the weight without too much bother. Now-a-days it's a living hell, as I'm not as active to do exercise as most people.
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

Quote from: muppet on April 11, 2012, 03:15:01 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 11, 2012, 02:44:38 PM
Poached?

Nah it was a present.
I've poached a few since Sunday meself, sooner I get back to work the better, eating crap all day long.

ONeill

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 11, 2012, 10:08:06 PM
I'm heading off on a bender with the wife and some friends at the weekend,

Dirty bastards.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 11, 2012, 10:08:06 PM
I'm heading off on a bender with the wife and some friends at the weekend, but I intend to get back on the diet on Monday. Anyone interested in doing a sort of joined up diet, a bit like a weight watchers class where we list on this thread what we've had to eat each day, what exercise we've done, and give each other tips on good menus ways of keeping the hunger pangs at bay etc. We can also give regular updates on our progress as regards weight loss
I think it is good to see what others are doing and provides some additional motivation.  Had a chocolate biscuit tonight! Will get up early and on the skipping rope before work and hit the poached egg on toast.

muppet

Quote from: King Kenny on April 11, 2012, 10:26:49 PM
Just read my last post again and you'ld nearly think I'm trying to beat crack cocaine. 

With Gods help I'll beat this terrible affliction.  :-X

FFS don't tell me we have to give that up as well!
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 11, 2012, 10:25:02 PM
Will get up early and on the skipping rope before work and hit the poached egg on toast.

Skipping rope = dope
Egg on toast = coast

You going on KK's bender too?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2012, 10:29:54 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 11, 2012, 10:25:02 PM
Will get up early and on the skipping rope before work and hit the poached egg on toast.

Skipping rope = dope
Egg on toast = coast

You going on KK's bender too?
Dougal is having the bender at the weekend sir!

Puckoon

I could eat a big bag of crisps while I was making the dinner. They're a killer for me, so I just don't buy them. If they aren't in the house you can't eat them so that's step one.

There's a serious over abundance on Carbs in the Irish diet. The folks visited there a few weeks back and the auld fella would have been boiling at spuds or rice every evening. I'd maybe eat pasta or rice once/twice a week, mashed spuds once in a blue moon. A nice piece of grilled fish/chicken/pork most evenings with a big salad with spinach, pine nuts, blue cheese and baby tomatoes. Or steamed veggies to fill up the plate. Maybe treat a pizza once a week. I try and limit the carbs to either breakfast or lunch, rarely both. Granola and yogurt is a great filling breakfast. Or a peanut butte and jam sandwich on whole wheat bread. Lots of protein in the peanut butter.

A good boredom eating snack is sugar free ice Lollies. I'd eat one or two most evenings after dinner.