Exercise!!

Started by Milltown Row2, April 01, 2012, 07:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Can't find a topic about it, we have a Running a Cycle thread but nothing on general exercise.

I thought I was fit enough, but did a (don't laugh :o) BodyPump class yesterday morning!! Thought I change up my routine at the gym and try one of the many classes they do, plus loads of fit birds were heading ;D

Well I thought it would be grand, if girls were doing it then I'd be great. Fcuk how wrong was I??? I'm in bits today, Walking as If I'd been buggered by Father Curran. Tough session held by a Amazonion Blondie, who was smiling the whole way through. I haven't raised a smile all day (though i was at Casement >:()

As anyone tried this? Not the Father Curran thing ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dont Matter

Any pics of the blonde? Then we'll decide if we want to bodypump her or not.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 01, 2012, 07:08:26 PM
Any pics of the blonde? Then we'll decide if we want to bodypump her or not.

I wouldn't be able raise an eyebrow nevermind anything else
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dont Matter

What was she getting you to do at all?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Milltown Row2

Squats!!!! so many fooking squats, I think she was able to crack a nut between her cheek hole!!

Involves a weights bar, mainly squats, curls, overhead lifts and bench pressing. Did a session with dumbbells also.Some good tunes also.

tintin25

Used to do the BodyPump classes meself...loved them! Not a fan of free weights and found that BodyPump was just as good.  It's just a pity that the PEC doesn't hold them sorta classes - are there any classes you can pay at the door?

imtommygunn

Used to do body pump once a week for general fitness. It's a real good class but it will expose a lot of muscles you probably won't exercise normally so be prepared for a few weeks where you get very sore after it!

You could probably pay for them at public leisure centres tintin - assuming some of the public ones do the class but I think they do. Only public ones really in east, west or north of belfast though.

Spin class also good and if in belfast very hard to beat John McCloskey's (or whoever takes it now) circuits class.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2012, 07:33:49 PM
Used to do body pump once a week for general fitness. It's a real good class but it will expose a lot of muscles you probably won't exercise normally so be prepared for a few weeks where you get very sore after it!

You could probably pay for them at public leisure centres tintin - assuming some of the public ones do the class but I think they do. Only public ones really in east, west or north of belfast though.

Spin class also good and if in belfast very hard to beat John McCloskey's (or whoever takes it now) circuits class.

I hear they are great. Will do one when i can walk properly again

downgirl

If you can find a decent step aerobics class it's worth a shot, again one of the lads heard we were doing it and said he would be able to do it without breaking a sweat because it's so easy.  So we dared him to do it and he had to eat his words!  Also I banjaxed my ankle there at the start of Jan and had to give up on step for a while so was trying to find other less impact classes so I tried aqua attack one day thinking it would be grand out that it would be full of old people and invalids such as myself.  Not so!  We have these like webbed gloves on and do some amazing toning work under the water, you can really feel it when you are in there. 

But classes definitely depend on the instructor!  How much are classes in gyms in general for non-members?  The one I go to is €8 for non members, €4 for members and free for students (yeoo!)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: downgirl on April 01, 2012, 10:37:28 PM
If you can find a decent step aerobics class it's worth a shot, again one of the lads heard we were doing it and said he would be able to do it without breaking a sweat because it's so easy.  So we dared him to do it and he had to eat his words!  Also I banjaxed my ankle there at the start of Jan and had to give up on step for a while so was trying to find other less impact classes so I tried aqua attack one day thinking it would be grand out that it would be full of old people and invalids such as myself.  Not so!  We have these like webbed gloves on and do some amazing toning work under the water, you can really feel it when you are in there

But classes definitely depend on the instructor!  How much are classes in gyms in general for non-members?  The one I go to is €8 for non members, €4 for members and free for students (yeoo!)

Feel what ;)  Speedo's only :o

downgirl

Tut tut Milltown!  Sure you wouldn't be able to feel anything properly through the gloves!!  ;D

Radda bout yeee

Just a quick question - joined a gym at the start of the year but haven't been using it much this past month or so. I signed up for a year - if I cancel the dd can they chase me for payment of the rest or even affect my credit rating?

Milltown Row2

You should be able to give them a months notice, usually. Ye fat basturd ;)

Rois

Yes they can chase you if inside your term - much like a mobile phone contract. 

Try to prove you work away or get a doctor's note to say you can't use the gym - that's the only way I would get out of my gym contract.