Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majestic

Any recommendations for insurance? Taking delivery of my new bike today, and think it would be wise to cover it.

quit yo jibbajabba

Depending on value, just add to house insurance? Worth a call anyway

bennydorano

Quote from: majestic on May 05, 2023, 05:34:04 AM
Any recommendations for insurance? Taking delivery of my new bike today, and think it would be wise to cover it.
Got insurance for my new bike for the 1st time myself (after getting creamed last year & my 6 week old bike was wrote off). Went with a crowd called Sundays insurance, costs about £12 per month for a bike in the 4-5k range. Excess is 400 I think and there are lots of caveats in the small print that is a must read- main one being u have to have a Gold Standard 🔐 lock - if you're a roadie this is obviously an issue! Had to register the serial number with them.

SHEEDY

Brilliant breakaway stage win for Irish rider Ben Healy in the giro d'italia today. Really starting to make a name for himself with some great performances this year
nil satis nisi optimum

markl121

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 13, 2023, 09:45:07 PM
Brilliant breakaway stage win for Irish rider Ben Healy in the giro d'italia today. Really starting to make a name for himself with some great performances this year
Unreal. He's having some year. We have a proper talent there

grounded

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 13, 2023, 09:45:07 PM

Superb. He's been in great form all year.

If anyones is curious, ben healy did 370w and 390w normalized at 65kg for 33 minutes at the end of the stage to secure his victory.  Savagery

bennydorano

Great win for Healey after a very good Spring Classics campaign. He's Phil Babb Irish tho, not that it matters as much these days.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/introducing-ben-healy/

grounded

Remco out. Pity, as i would have loved to see the battle with Roglic.

oakleaflad

Giro D'Italia has a great 3-way battle at the top between Thomas (current leader), Roglic and Almeida with Ireland's Eddie Dunbar sitting a very respectable 4th overall 3 minutes adrift of 3rd place.
Ben Healy slipped to 2nd in the Mountain standing behind Pinot so will have to attack early on today to try to regain that jersey.
3 stages to go and it's set up nicely with a mountainous stage through the Dolomites with steep climbs, an ITT with a summit finish (Roglic could have bad memories of this) before the procession around Rome to finish off.

Abble

what tv channels are showing the Giro and any highlights shows in evening time then?

grounded

Terrific finish today and great battle between Thomas and Roglic at the end. All to play for on the hellish tt, cant wait. Money is on Roglic but Thomas going well.

grounded

Well the tt lived upto expectations. Unbelievable finish, what with the bike exchange and Roglic dropping the chain. 14 seconds in the end. Thomas will be sick, but i dont think anyone  would begrudge Roglic his win.

markl121

What a performance from
Eddie dunbar. Giving the two fingers to Ineos

The_geezer

Any of you keener cyclists have any recommendations for a good pair of bib shorts without breaking the bank? am doing IM Cork in august so it will be a long day in the saddle TIA

bennydorano

Galibier have good value quality bibs, £60
https://www.galibier.cc/product/classique-cargo-bib-shorts/
Roubaix version for £80

Got a good pair of Ale bibs in the £40-£50 range for the summer there, not sure I'd want to be in them all day.