The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on May 22, 2023, 09:05:11 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 22, 2023, 12:02:20 AM
Undoubtedly nordies are just so superior to the southern neanderthals, there is no doubt that Patrick will succeed with his LLS appointment, however in the small possibility that he doesn't, that will surely be down to the pervasive stench of southern 'neanderthalism'.  Should the free staters  be patient and give him space and time,  no doubt  Patrick will drag the retrograde free staters  into a new universal understanding of the Island's potential, which naturally recognizes nordies (of all shapes and sizes) as the exalted ones.

That's not what I was trying to say. The Late Late is stale and needs a freshness to it I think we can all agree on that.

He'll face a backlash for not being from or living in the South though let's be honest. It's already started FFS!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/can-patrick-kielty-fly-it-in-new-late-late-show-host-to-stay-living-in-london-while-presenting-rte-show/a1772191903.html

This is not a backlash for not living the the South, it is a backlash for not living in the country. It is a fair point, although Gabyo did a bit commuting to Manchester in his early days he did mainly live here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

snoopdog

I hear there is a big house being built/renovated in Dundrum Co Down as we speak.

Aristo 60

Quote from: snoopdog on May 22, 2023, 10:34:43 AM
I hear there is a big house being built/renovated in Dundrum Co Down as we speak.

And the bridge at narrow water castle is getting done over the week end too :)

marty34

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 22, 2023, 10:45:26 AM

And the bridge at narrow water castle is getting done over the week end too :)

Has that ever started?

ardtole

Kielty has a house in Maghera.

Denn Forever

Did they even try to get Nolan?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Surprised they didn't give the gig to Rhonda, she presented a chat show in the south
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/co-down-bar-promises-free-shots-every-time-patrick-kielty-mentions-home-town-on-late-late-show/798972391.html
A Co Down bar has promised customers free shots every time Patrick Kielty mentions his home town on the Late Late Show.
The Dundrum comedian said he was "absolutely thrilled" after being announced as the new host of RTE's flagship Late Late Show on Saturday.

Punters at the Dundrum Inn are likely to be equally pleased if the comic mentions his home town, after the bar posted on social media that "every time Paddy Kielty mentions Dundrum on the Late Late show – we will set a round of shots up in the bar".
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

armaghniac

Tubridy saw the cloud coming and left, he probably doesn't need the money at this stage. He is not on the radio tomorrow, apparently.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

skeog

Nothing to do with him 345000 just came into his account by accident.3

RedHand88

Is anyone suprised? Is Ireland the most corrupt country in Europe?

Itchy

RTE, Fine Gael, Fianna Fail = corrupt, corrupt, corrupt

Captain Scarlet

Poor lad had no idea where that extra 75k was coming from. He just presumed there were loads of typos when his salary was made public every year.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah non story. Easy mistake to make. Has happened to me before