29 Conor McHugh
30 Tommy Burns

Good luck lads.

Lets get out and support our county on Saturday #BeThereAllTheWay #Saffs

Throw in 3PM , Corrigan Park.

Milltown Row2

Antrim in control, Carlow down to 13, Antrim down to 14

5 points in front
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile an tuaigh

Congratulations Antrim 3point win in the end. Home advantage probably swung it for us nothing between both teams.

old timers

Any word on McManus?? And What was ref doing today  utter madness

seafoid

Another good win for Antrim.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

Quote from: old timers on May 12, 2018, 07:19:09 PM
Any word on McManus?? And What was ref doing today  utter madness

6 stitches in his penis apparently  :-\
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MoChara

What happened was he stamped on or what?

ciaran1988

Great win for the lads, was some battle of a game, referee was clueless. Be a hard game with Laois next weekend now especially with Micky Armstrong breaking his arm and Joe Maskey breaking his foot, Neil also a doubt after getting his privates burst open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: MoChara on May 12, 2018, 11:48:30 PM
Didn't see it but I'd suspect he got the butt at full force. If so it's a filthy act and a red card doesn't even start to cover it.

BrendanAntrim

There was so much going on in that game it was hard to keep up. Carlow let themselves down a huge amount. Some of their actions were pure thuggery. It was heartening to see an Antrim team battling like they did, in the right way. But Jesus, they make you nervous! Great win and hopefully the injuries aren't as bad as first feared.

Baile an tuaigh

According to the umpire Richard Coadys assault on Neill McManus was "the worst he ever saw". If that is the case he Coady should get a long ban from the game. Hope Neill recovers fully.

MoChara

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 13, 2018, 10:06:49 AM
Quote from: MoChara on May 12, 2018, 11:48:30 PM
Didn't see it but I'd suspect he got the butt at full force. If so it's a filthy act and a red card doesn't even start to cover it.

If you did that sort of damage in a bar on a Saturday night you could be looking at a sleep over in maghaberry

Baile an tuaigh

Absolutely a life time ban would be well justified. What if Neill McManus can't have a family because of it. Will be interesting to see how this develops. Only wish Neill a speedy and full recovery.

Antrim Coaster

Carlow did not come to Corrigan to play hurling. Their challenges were bordering on pure thuggery.

Simon McCrory seemed to be singled out and the challenge on him where the Carlow lad got the line wouldnt be seen in a game of rugby.

The first half Antrim played well and the turning point was the sending off of Eoghan Campbell for a challenge that warranted a yellow never mind a red. (Check the BBC website for some highlights).

Antrim hung on until half time and instead of Carlow playing hurling in the second half with a man advantage they resorted to absolute brutality and credit to Antrim that they stood up to that but at a cost with 3 players definitely out probably for the rest of the season.

What happened to Neil McManus has no place in any sport and I really hope he makes a full recovery.

Match v Laois is in Dunloy next Saturday.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: groundlie on May 13, 2018, 08:46:33 PM
I was one of the unlucky bystanders that had to witness the evil assult on Neil McManus. Thugery and totally uncalled for. Im still sick from witnessing it and what hurts me more is my children seeing a viscous assault on metres away from them. Also whoever the brave Carlow water carrier was who congratulated the thug who carried out the attack shame on you.
Shed any light on what the Carlow lad did to leave in him in such a bad way?