Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 01:38:57 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 18, 2023, 11:59:10 AM
The thing is wobbler is bang on here.

What we should be striving for is a better lot for everyone.

We should be making teaching an attractive profession to be in because that way we will have a better overall system and therefore more and better educated kids leaving the system, going into society.

This should then result in more a innovative, creative and resilient private sector driving up the income to the average household and the Tax purse.

In turn we should also be striving for a better public service, so that as a society we are able to help those who need it, but also to have high quality public services in whatever sector it may be in.

Both are dependent on each other to ensure that we live in a better more equitable society for everyone.

I totally agree with this, except I would add one other thing. Pay and bonus based on performance. Useless teachers put on performance review and the possibility that they can be removed if poor performance does not improve. Then get the good teachers and absolutely reward them well for excellence. Of course, teachers would not support this would they. They want the extra pay, the improved conditions but with little to no strings attached.

That's the crux of it.  A good teacher (insert doctor/nurse etc etc) is a special thing and should be rewarded as such

I would consider myself pro-union, but their strength is also their achilles heel

Every demand is an 'across the board' one, so astronomical sums of money need to be spent to reward the useless along with the useful

Targeting of public money to those who deserve it is the order of the day

How this is done is difficult as it becomes a subjective decision, made by management

But it can be made to work

The evidence for this is that it works in the private sector every day

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 01:36:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2023, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 09:53:00 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 18, 2023, 09:45:00 AM
https://twitter.com/murphinyorks/status/1615240898060734465?s=48&t=y3-FqJ70olZfuuNdZV2-aw

Awful lot of them have time to moan on Twitter on a Wednesday morning  ::)

All you can do is laugh at the self importance. Wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector.

I doubt you'd last 5 minutes either in a classroom..

Having done it, and my classes were small (up to 20) I'm glad I'm out of it, ungrateful shits who wanted everything handed to them, not all but the majority...

Heard a cracker the other day, kid went home during school, he fell in the play ground, father phoned in wanting to know was the playground gritted!! Christ, whole set of emails and alarms going off!! Wise up

I think I'd do ok actually. I've worked with kids through sport for many many years and like everything if you are committed to something and passionate about it you'll do a good job and get something out of it, as will the kids. There are of course many teachers who fall into that bracket but in my experience they are in the minority.

I've worked with juvenile teams from under 8's up to minor for many years, its night and day. Christ!! I've worked with kids and all of a sudden I can teach

I hope you don't really believe that crap you just posted?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2023, 02:31:42 PM
https://twitter.com/murphinyorks/status/1615240898060734465?s=48&t=y3-FqJ70olZfuuNdZV2-aw

All you can do is laugh at the self importance. Wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector.

Having done it, and my classes were small (up to 20) I'm glad I'm out of it, ungrateful shits who wanted everything handed to them, not all but the majority...

Heard a cracker the other day, kid went home during school, he fell in the play ground, father phoned in wanting to know was the playground gritted!! Christ, whole set of emails and alarms going off!! Wise up

I think I'd do ok actually. I've worked with kids through sport for many many years and like everything if you are committed to something and passionate about it you'll do a good job and get something out of it, as will the kids. There are of course many teachers who fall into that bracket but in my experience they are in the minority.

I've worked with juvenile teams from under 8's up to minor for many years, its night and day. Christ!! I've worked with kids and all of a sudden I can teach

Maybe you're just no good with kids. You made an assumption I wouldn't survive teaching, I don't agree. You'll never know though will you?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 02:35:23 PM

Maybe you're just no good with kids. You made an assumption I wouldn't survive teaching, I don't agree. You'll never know though will you?

I taught for 12 years, I was looking after juvenile teams for longer, I'm just telling you that your statement of working with kids through sport and being a good teacher is a crock of shit.

Teaching something kids want to do is a million miles away from engaging with kids that are learning subjects that they don't want to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2023, 02:42:47 PM

I taught for 12 years, I was looking after juvenile teams for longer, I'm just telling you that your statement of working with kids through sport and being a good teacher is a crock of shit.

Teaching something kids want to do is a million miles away from engaging with kids that are learning subjects that they don't want to do

You obviously didn't get on too good at the old teaching judging by your posts so maybe you're not the best judge.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 02:45:55 PM

You obviously didn't get on too good at the old teaching judging by your posts so maybe you're not the best judge.

If that's the best you can come back with, my work here is done!!

Class, looking after kids at the club makes you a good teacher  ;D numpty  ;D

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2023, 02:54:07 PM

Not just my experience of coaching, I talked about passion, dedication. I'm also organised and have many other skills. You on the other hand you gave up, described the children in your care as "ungrateful shits" and I believe you are also a referee which likely means you are pretty intolerant and understand the world as being black and white. Not suitable for teaching children. I think you made a good decision to move onto something more suited to you

Milltown Row2

Yeah keep digging that hole, news flash, kids can be ungrateful shits.

You say you are passionate, organised and dedicated, that's your own praise  ;D

Again you have no knowledge of my teaching so comment away

As for giving up, people change jobs, what century are you living in?  For me it was a no brainer

You are some lad all the same, these assumptions you come up with have no evidence whatsoever

And now all referees are intolerant!! Christ there is no end to your poop!!

Itchy

Ah lad, I'm only winding you up. I'm sure you are a top bloke and were a good teacher and are a tolerant referee to boot

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 03:00:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2023, 02:54:07 PM

Not just my experience of coaching, I talked about passion, dedication. I'm also organised and have many other skills. You on the other hand you gave up, described the children in your care as "ungrateful shits" and I believe you are also a referee which likely means you are pretty intolerant and understand the world as being black and white. Not suitable for teaching children. I think you made a good decision to move onto something more suited to you
;D ;D ;D🤣🤣🤣

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 03:17:04 PM
Ah lad, I'm only winding you up. I'm sure you are a top bloke and were a good teacher and are a tolerant referee to boot

Teacher and a Ref = absolute power trip merchant.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2023, 03:39:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 18, 2023, 03:17:04 PM

Teacher and a Ref = absolute power trip merchant.

Haven't taught in years!!! Mugs game  ;D

We didn't have ref's we wouldn't have games ;)

Saffrongael

What's the employer contribution (the tax payer) for teacher pensions in the 6 counties ? 4/5 times the employee contribution ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

gallsman

The Enoch Burke show just keeps on rolling. Brought his mammy with him to his disciplinary hearing. Predictable shouting and roaring, guards called.

Itchy

Quote from: gallsman on January 19, 2023, 01:06:32 PM
The Enoch Burke show just keeps on rolling. Brought his mammy with him to his disciplinary hearing. Predictable shouting and roaring, guards called.

When you see the Mammy you know the poor lad never had a chance