Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on April 12, 2019, 08:30:37 AM
Anyone any insight on the best place/places to go in Croatia?

Dubrovnik/Split/Hvar?

Trogir was lovely and the island besides it was where we stayed for a week last year! Flew to Split and it's 20 minutes away from the airport. Trogir is a walled town surrounded by water. Loads of restaurants and bars, plenty of boats for the cruise tours also.

Would go back in a heartbeat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Helix. on April 12, 2019, 08:47:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2019, 09:14:10 PM
Heading to Amsterdam in July, been many times but never did the Anne Frank tour, tried booking it today, booked out all through July!! Any other ways of getting a tour?

https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

20% of tickets released on the day aswell so check that out . Get there early and hope for the best. Went there Kings Weekend (their equivalent to St Patrick's day) 2 years ago. Good thing to see while you're there. Can't wait to go back!

Cheers, been so many times but never did the tour
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2019, 09:06:24 AM
Quote from: Helix. on April 12, 2019, 08:47:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2019, 09:14:10 PM
Heading to Amsterdam in July, been many times but never did the Anne Frank tour, tried booking it today, booked out all through July!! Any other ways of getting a tour?

https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

20% of tickets released on the day aswell so check that out . Get there early and hope for the best. Went there Kings Weekend (their equivalent to St Patrick's day) 2 years ago. Good thing to see while you're there. Can't wait to go back!

Cheers, been so many times but never did the tour

I did the tour. Didn't book it so we had to be there quite early in the morning.  We were probably there about 1 hour before it opened and there was quite a queue at that time, but we did eventually get in.  I of course was suffering from a pretty tidy hangover and it was all I could do not to vomit in Anne Frank's room. Still a great tour though.

Randy

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed in a  Yelloh Village Le Ranch camp site outside Nantes? We have never been on a holiday like this before and just looking for some opinions.

https://www.camping-le-ranch.com/en/les-hebergements/

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Randy on April 24, 2019, 02:10:32 PM
Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed in a  Yelloh Village Le Ranch camp site outside Nantes? We have never been on a holiday like this before and just looking for some opinions.

Have gone camping every year more or less since 2010 in France, have yet to be let down by any campsite. You'll have a ball. Just a different way of life.
#newbridgeornowhere

Randy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 24, 2019, 02:22:06 PM

Have gone camping every year more or less since 2010 in France, have yet to be let down by any campsite. You'll have a ball. Just a different way of life.

Thank you for the reply Dinny. Herself's sister and family are going there for 3 weeks and my wife suggested we join them for a week. The only holidays i have ever been on were in Ireland and Scotland so it will be something different alright. Do you mind me asking if you had young children with you? We will have a toddler

galwayman

Quote from: Randy on April 24, 2019, 02:40:38 PM

Thank you for the reply Dinny. Herself's sister and family are going there for 3 weeks and my wife suggested we join them for a week. The only holidays i have ever been on were in Ireland and Scotland so it will be something different alright. Do you mind me asking if you had young children with you? We will have a toddler
Interested in this too. Have a daughter who will be 2 years and 8 months old in September when we can take holidays but was thinking she would be maybe too young to properly enjoy a campsite holiday.
Had been looking at La Brasilia which is a Yelloh site.

Dinny Breen

Daughter was 2 in 2010.  Her brother was born the following year. They love it. They actually love it so much for his communion and her birthday which both fall on the same weekend this year, they asked could they go for France as their presents.

The campsites are very family orientated and have facilities directly catering for young families, kiddie playgrounds, kiddie pools etc. Also incredibly safe. 
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

When you say camping do you mean living out of a tent or one of the mobile homes they have??

Was at one last year and we stayed in a mobile home and had a great time my youngest hadn't even turned 2 at the time and we had an absolutely class week!!!

I would imagine staying in a tent would be a bit more challenging!!

galwayman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 24, 2019, 05:05:03 PM

Daughter was 2 in 2010.  Her brother was born the following year. They love it. They actually love it so much for his communion and her birthday which both fall on the same weekend this year, they asked could they go for France as their presents.

The campsites are very family orientated and have facilities directly catering for young families, kiddie playgrounds, kiddie pools etc. Also incredibly safe.
Very interesting Dinny. Would there be any sites in particular that you would recommend?
I'm torn between a campsite and going back to Port de Pollenca in Majorca where we were last year which was lovely to be fair.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: screenexile on April 24, 2019, 05:10:17 PM
When you say camping do you mean living out of a tent or one of the mobile homes they have??

Was at one last year and we stayed in a mobile home and had a great time my youngest hadn't even turned 2 at the time and we had an absolutely class week!!!

I would imagine staying in a tent would be a bit more challenging!!

Mobile home, jesus, a tent would be a disaster.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: galwayman on April 24, 2019, 05:23:51 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 24, 2019, 05:05:03 PM

Very interesting Dinny. Would there be any sites in particular that you would recommend?
I'm torn between a campsite and going back to Port de Pollenca in Majorca where we were last year which was lovely to be fair.

I love Frejus, fabulous beach, waterpark and amusement park.

Stayed in a few places but this was the best

https://www.eurocamp.ie/campsites/rivieraandprovence/rv014-la-baume/ataglance.html

Stayed in Biarritz last year. Was able to bring the kids surfing, zip lining and white water rafting. This campsite actually showed live GAA in the pool bar. Probably too many Irish for my liking, only so much "do you know such and such" that I can take.

https://www.europarcs.ie/camping-in-france/campsites-biarritz/le-ruisseau-overview.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn_WjnZfp4QIVwwOGCh22KA7SEAAYAiAAEgIsdvD_BwE

I do like to go south but have stayed further north as well, all good but going south guarantees the weather.
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Stayed in both places also, Frejus is hard to beat, both Le Baume and the one on the corner before that then Biarritz Les Messange (not sure of spelling)

To be fair Spain have some cracking spots and there was one in Italy we stayed at near Pisa

Tony Baloney

How much you looking at, all in, for a fortnight in one of these sites with a couple of wains*? 5 grand?

*I know it's a "how long is a piece of string" question.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 24, 2019, 08:00:29 PM
How much you looking at, all in, for a fortnight in one of these sites with a couple of wains*? 5 grand?

*I know it's a "how long is a piece of string" question.

If you box clever you get somewhere near an airport or good train bus transfers, that'll cut out your car hire (which I always did) you hire through private owner sites or directly through the park, thus cutting out the likes of Euro camp or Keycamp. Have nearly all your feeds at the static as onsite restaurant is usually crap! Don't use the camps supermarkets and buy the local vino!!

You can't do without air con, especially in a caravan. You'll save a fortune that way . So yeah about 5 grand  ;D.. To be honest they were the best hols I had with the kids, they loved it, rented bikes for driving around site, sitting out on porch having food and drinks while kids slept , read around 8 books each time, bliss