The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

I was very surprised how old Sting, Nash, Hall, Waltman etc looked on Sunday. In fact only really Triple H and Hogan didn't look that much older than they did during the Monday Night Wars. The match itself was a perfect allegory for that period. Bring out all the big guns, do everything you could to destroy the other but at the end of it acknowledge a healthy respect for what the other had achieved.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Syferus

Quote from: David McKeown on April 01, 2015, 10:52:46 AM
I was very surprised how old Sting, Nash, Hall, Waltman etc looked on Sunday. In fact only really Triple H and Hogan didn't look that much older than they did during the Monday Night Wars. The match itself was a perfect allegory for that period. Bring out all the big guns, do everything you could to destroy the other but at the end of it acknowledge a healthy respect for what the other had achieved.

Sure Vince bought WCW 14 years ago. Long time since the MNWs. Sting's 56 now ffs, for that age he's in great shape. Hogan has been shot for a decade, Hall is barely able to walk and Nash isn't much better. Even though it appeared to be Vince pissing on WCW's grave again by having HHH win, if the HHH v Rock match down for next year's Mania as it appears to be, it was the right thing to do.

Sting to job to Taker in his home-state (possibly farewell) Mania in Texas next year makes sense too.

Go home ref

Reigns big problem IMO is his awful mic skills he's just terrible on the mic stares into the camera like he's forgot what to say and just says believe

RealSpiritof98

Stone Cold lays the seed for him and Lesner for WM32, McMahon Need's a monster card to pack in 100,000.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/6/2/8707907/video-steve-austin-paul-heyman-set-up-stone-cold-vs-brock-lesnar-wwe-wrestlemania

He old but would love to see this.

RealSpiritof98

Sad, think the docs have cleared him but WWE haven't cleared him, hoping it's a work but highly unlikely. Can see him going back to the indys

ONeill

What are the chances of picking up tickets for the event in Belfast on April 20th close to the time?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2016, 10:09:05 PM
What are the chances of picking up tickets for the event in Belfast on April 20th close to the time?
It's usually pretty packed so don't think you'd find ant still on general release but likely to pick something up on Gumtree etc around face value. It's a load of oul pish but good craic with the wains. Usually a few lady wrestlers for the Da's.

ONeill

The young lad has developed an unhealthy interest in it. Some days I come through the door and he's RKOing me for an hour. Seriously, I've had to warn him about snapping my neck.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2016, 10:15:45 PM
The young lad has developed an unhealthy interest in it. Some days I come through the door and he's RKOing me for an hour. Seriously, I've had to warn him about snapping my neck.
They watch it on a Sunday morning and it generally leads to some VERY rough stuff. We have been down on the floor the two times we have been at it. It's okay as they get to high five the wrestlers as they come in but it's too low to see the bouts properly.

Medic

The best heel character of all time...

DX mess with mr.macmahon's mic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjlxtuDIGFY

:P
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Gabriel_Hurl

NXT will be having a show in Belfast June 13th.

The NXT show last night in Dallas will be better than WM tomorrow night. 4 excellent matches and one decent one. It was the best show WWE has put on in years.

Highlight was Nakamura vs Zayn which was the best match I've seen in years.

Gabriel_Hurl

absolute rubbish last night

MoChara

Shane O Mac dids the business as usual I though, putting Dean Ambrose in a "street fight" in the WWE is a pile of nonsense considering what the man used to be up to, it looked so restrained to me.

Santino

Aye the Ambrose-Lesnar match was biggest letdown for me. And agree with many that the womens match was near the best. Go on Becky!