The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 22, 2022, 07:07:50 PM
Rory -3 after 4 why the fook does he always play himself out of it before the last day

He was walking past a photo of himself on the first day with his kid and apparently said to the kid, that's when I used to be good...

All players in any sport fade at some point... it's how you do when you shine that counts, 4 majors is an unbelievable amount of wins at that level..

He's a top ten player, win and contest a few tournaments
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tatler Jack

Rory -3 after 4 why the fook does he always play himself out of it before the last day

Got to -4 and then dropped a shot at a par 3. This week McIlroy has dropped 9 shots at par 3s and only made one birdie.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Tatler Jack on May 22, 2022, 07:19:50 PM

Got to -4 and then dropped a shot at a par 3. This week McIlroy has dropped 9 shots at par 3s and only made one birdie.

it's the gah board scud  ;D

lets hope fitzpatrick can win it for Ireland  :)

screenexile

Jaysus what has Periera done??!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on May 22, 2022, 11:35:54 PM
Jaysus what has Periera done??!!

Lost it, be lucky to  finish 3 under
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Van de velde levels of choke. He needs to sack his caddy in the morning. That driver shouldnt have been an option

screenexile

Happy enough with JT winning he's a top player and I thought he got it very tight with his outburst at the beginning of last year which seemed to rattle him.

His wedge play is phenomenal!

Pereira/Zalatoris and Fitzpatrick will have sleepless nights about some of their play today!!

Mikhail Prokhorov

what a night of golf,

didn't show any of thomas till near the end,

well deserved,

pereira will get his chance again  ;)

fitzy too, quality maiden players

Kidder81

Looking at it now Thomas the only really top proven player there so not a great surprise, even though it needed a few of them to come back to him

Milltown Row2

I'd Fleetwood and two other ones that dropped off completely..

highorlow

A 39 handicapper won our President's prize at the weekend.

Not a par on his card  ???
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Orior

Quote from: highorlow on May 30, 2022, 08:13:59 PM

Some clubs implement a local rule that for Captain's Day, the maximum playing handicap is 28. Not sure how legal it is, but I think it might also be the Captain's prerogative.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tatler Jack

I thought 24 was the maximum handicap for any decent competitio. Was it stroke or stapleford competition. A 39 handicap is ridiculous.

thewobbler

I'm kind of torn on this one.

Personally I'd like to see nobody under 40 play off more than 24, nor anyone under 50 play off more than 28.

I'd also like an asterisk system employed, whereby if a man shoots an exceptionally high score in his club's majors, he gets an asterisk. Do it twice in a season and their handicap is halved for all club comps for a year.

But if a man has entered 20 counting cards, and the best 8 scores from his last 20 rounds average out at a 39 handicap, then that's what he is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on May 31, 2022, 09:06:43 AM

I'm kind of torn on this one.

Personally I'd like to see nobody under 40 play off more than 24, nor anyone under 50 play off more than 28.

I'd also like an asterisk system employed, whereby if a man shoots an exceptionally high score in his club's majors, he gets an asterisk. Do it twice in a season and their handicap is halved for all club comps for a year.

But if a man has entered 20 counting cards, and the best 8 scores from his last 20 rounds average out at a 39 handicap, then that's what he is.

I'd easy be a 30+ as I only play it for the craic once a year or 2 years, before covid. probably worse now after so long. But to be in a club and be 39 handicapper what is he doing to get that number?