Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2021, 08:30:44 AM
Quote from: restorepride on January 22, 2021, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 21, 2021, 09:08:43 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 21, 2021, 07:40:22 PM
Looking like we are not back after half term....itchy will be going clean mad  :D

I've more important stuff going on today than dealing with you clowns mocking your own profession. Carry on.
Were you absent from school the day 'sense of humour' was explained?!!

So ye are taking credit for sense of humor teaching now too. When children with special needs are cast aside so that precious teachers can stay "safe", well I draw the line at that. Maybe you were missing from school when social responsibility, selfishness and the concept of the greater good were explained?

Special needs students have been cast aside for years with cuts of necessary services. They don't get the necessary OT, ST, physio and psychological assessment needs so to now come out and attack teachers is laughable when they've been neglected for years by the state. Also these services are not been operated at all  now because of covid but teachers are expected to stay all day in the room with them. Hypocritical.

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2021, 09:42:00 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 22, 2021, 09:31:01 AM
Itchy can't do the Home schooling Maths....too hard for him..

Is this the famous sense of humour teaching I missed out on? Its a but underwhelming, I know you are trying hard to be funny buts not really working for you. its also a strange thing to say to someone with a Degree in Maths, you should have picked on Home Economics or Chemistry maybe.

It all makes sense now

Baile Brigín 2

His babysitting service has been stopped. Its no more complicated than that

Itchy

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 22, 2021, 11:51:28 AM

Another know it all that knows nothing. My wife works from home and her business is now ruined because of covid. So I dont need a baby sitter. Do you ever get tired of talking shite. Earlier in the week you were telling me how things work in my work place and now you are telling me my baby sitting arrangements. Another little fool who knows nothing about anything. People have lost their livelihoods yet these people think they have a god given right to sit at home and pretend they can do their jobs properly from there when half of them can barely turn on a pc. They tell us they are more at risk than other groups when they are not and they expect full pay and no doubt a pay rise too. They also expect a magical dept of education fairy to fix up all their schools for them.
The kids, with and without special needs  can just f**k off. Greedy and selfish people, two of the most ugly traits you can have.

trailer

All messing aside I was at a bit of fraction work with the eldest myself and it's hard enough to remember. I can do it. But I don't know how I can do it. And I don't know how to explain it, he gets it and then he doesn't get it and round and round and on and on and on.

Substandard

Quote from: trailer on January 22, 2021, 01:16:38 PM

All messing aside I was at a bit of fraction work with the eldest myself and it's hard enough to remember. I can do it. But I don't know how I can do it. And I don't know how to explain it, he gets it and then he doesn't get it and round and round and on and on and on.

I wouldn't be hectic at maths- always found OL grand, but HL used to be one step too far into the abyss.  I would always look at it as a step by step process, so break what you know into steps in sequence.  Chances are there's a rule that you know implicitly, but you're not saying it or showing it to the young buck.  A very quick Google might find it, and save ye both a bit of frustration.

Taylor

Quote from: clarshack on January 22, 2021, 02:36:04 PM
myself and missus both working from home and expected to homeschool too which is ridiculous tbh. the lockdowns aren't working and aren't going to work, but there's too many looking to keep lockdowns going for their own selfish interests. my kids haven't been in school for well over a month now and there's no way that is good for their mental health to be stuck at home until at least mid term. It's soul destroying and I'm really fed up with the lockdown nazis at this stage.

In the absence of lockdown what would be your solution for controlling the virus clar?

I feel your pain but I cant see another way out of it currently.

Wish I could

marty34

myself and missus both working from home and expected to homeschool too which is ridiculous tbh. the lockdowns aren't working and aren't going to work, but there's too many looking to keep lockdowns going for their own selfish interests. my kids haven't been in school for well over a month now and there's no way that is good for their mental health to be stuck at home until at least mid term. It's soul destroying and I'm really fed up with the lockdown nazis at this stage.

Honest question Clarshack, are the kids unhappy or how do you know they're unhappy?

I think kids are resilient enough, especially if there's two or three at home.

I suppose it depends on their age also.

trailer

Young kids + WFH = f**k all done.
I spent 3 hours helping with school work this am. I'm exhausted and so is the young lad. And I am trying to run a business ffs! I'm hiding from my own employees!!!

marty34

Quote from: trailer on January 22, 2021, 03:11:56 PM
Young kids + WFH = f**k all done.
I spent 3 hours helping with school work this am. I'm exhausted and so is the young lad. And I am trying to run a business ffs! I'm hiding from my own employees!!!

Just 3 hours...you couldn't be a 9 - 3 teacher.

You'd be wrecked.

marty34

Quote from: clarshack on January 22, 2021, 03:08:35 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 22, 2021, 02:58:47 PM

Honest question Clarshack, are the kids unhappy or how do you know they're unhappy?

I think kids are resilient enough, especially if there's two or three at home.

I suppose it depends on their age also.

they miss their friends and i'm sure it's the same for most kids stuck at home atm.

This is very hard to guage I think.  People use the term 'good for their mental health" etc. but I'm not so sure.  This is just from my own first hand experience.

My kids are loving it - not doing much school work though but they watch the School Hub and enjoy it.  Learn more from it than anything.  It's visual and interested.  Good range of topics covered, whatever the age range.

But they seem happy and don't mention their friends.

Maybe not every child like this but a lot of friends in contact through their phones and gaming etc.

delgany

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2021, 12:43:25 PM

Another know it all that knows nothing. My wife works from home and her business is now ruined because of covid. So I dont need a baby sitter. Do you ever get tired of talking shite. Earlier in the week you were telling me how things work in my work place and now you are telling me my baby sitting arrangements. Another little fool who knows nothing about anything. People have lost their livelihoods yet these people think they have a god given right to sit at home and pretend they can do their jobs properly from there when half of them can barely turn on a pc. They tell us they are more at risk than other groups when they are not and they expect full pay and no doubt a pay rise too. They also expect a magical dept of education fairy to fix up all their schools for them.
The kids, with and without special needs  can just f**k off. Greedy and selfish people, two of the most ugly traits you can have.

Little query for  ye
Who do you think is responsible for the maintenance and up keep of school buildings ?
And for your information, the whole Education Authority Maintenance Contract situation is a complete and utter RIP off job by the private contractors ! Private Financing Initiative - another joke - school mortgaged for millions of pounds a year !

Jim Bob

Quote from: delgany on January 22, 2021, 05:46:02 PM

Little query for  ye
Who do you think is responsible for the maintenance and up keep of school buildings ?
And for your information, the whole Education Authority Maintenance Contract situation is a complete and utter RIP off job by the private contractors ! Private Financing Initiative - another joke - school mortgaged for millions of pounds a year !

Correct...a total horror story...it's a wonder why it hasn't been exposed...costing schools thousands every year out of their budget which could otherwise be spent on books and equipment for pupils.

restorepride

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2021, 09:42:00 AM

Is this the famous sense of humour teaching I missed out on? Its a but underwhelming, I know you are trying hard to be funny buts not really working for you. its also a strange thing to say to someone with a Degree in Maths, you should have picked on Home Economics or Chemistry maybe.
Congratulations - a degree in Maths!!  Doesn't mean you can teach it, of course.  Could be typos, but starting to look like you might have missed out on a few other lessons as well.   ;D ;)  Maybe if you insulted teachers less, it would bring a kinder response to some of your posts (rants).   There are many teachers doing an outstanding job at present in very challenging circumstances.

marty34

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 22, 2021, 06:46:11 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 22, 2021, 05:46:02 PM

Little query for  ye

Correct...a total horror story...it's a wonder why it hasn't been exposed...costing schools thousands every year out of their budget which could otherwise be spent on books and equipment for pupils.

You think principals/BOG would be allowed to get a local contractor in to sort issues under a certain amount of money.

The way it is now is a rip off.

Talk about the educational system etc. In crisis - waffle to me if they can afford to get someone to fix a window at X amount of money when it could be sorted for a quarter of that price.