China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 11, 2022, 03:39:44 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on January 11, 2022, 12:57:50 AM
I've had to see my GP on far too many occasions over the last six weeks. Phoned up in the morning. Was called back around lunch and when necessary was seen in the afternoon. Can't fault the system at all.

You are lucky. I can't see how Covid  is a reason for preventing any GP in our surgery administering a pain relieving injection.

I dont think anyone has ever told me I am lucky to be sick before
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2022, 01:46:58 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 11, 2022, 01:10:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2022, 09:55:14 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 11, 2022, 09:48:34 AM
I can tell you that the number of cancers being found by the time it is too late is on the increase. Not sure if this is down to GPs but Id suspect there may be a link

I get that, but there are people like my da, who even though the signs were there refused to do anything about it, or afraid to do anything about it.

If you know something is up and not getting any help from your GP, your options are, A&E or private, there are plenty of private clinics now that will take payments for GP services, they aint hard to pay either, I'm not talking Knightbridge or Ulster Clinic, there are small private ones about
Have seen your bake on the wall in one of them  ;)

Bastards have me planted in a few shops in the north, the cnts!! So you can only imagine how ugly the other ones are lol
As long as you are getting a % for use of your image rights!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2022, 04:45:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2022, 03:30:28 PM
What's the limit on numbers for indoor venues in the South?
Without checking...  think it's lesser of 50% of seated capacity or 1,000, all out by 8pm.

Is that a continuous reviewing I take it?

Heading to Bord Gais late February it's capacity is 2111! Fingers crossed, would hate to leave her outside  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Quote from: David McKeown on January 11, 2022, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 11, 2022, 03:39:44 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on January 11, 2022, 12:57:50 AM
I've had to see my GP on far too many occasions over the last six weeks. Phoned up in the morning. Was called back around lunch and when necessary was seen in the afternoon. Can't fault the system at all.

You are lucky. I can't see how Covid  is a reason for preventing any GP in our surgery administering a pain relieving injection.

I dont think anyone has ever told me I am lucky to be sick before

Who did ?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2022, 08:43:52 PM
Without checking...  think it's lesser of 50% of seated capacity or 1,000, all out by 8pm.

Heading to Bord Gais late February it's capacity is 2111! Fingers crossed, would hate to leave her outside  ;D

Until 31st January. Should be increased by late February I'd imagine.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 11, 2022, 09:45:43 PM

I'd say they will just add on the full month!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I'm for lion king 4th Feb, it's been indicated to us that it will likely be back to fill capacity then

grounded

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2022, 02:28:56 PM
Quote from: grounded on January 11, 2022, 02:26:41 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2022, 08:27:15 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 11, 2022, 12:29:33 AM
How's a gp supposed to diganose what's wrong with your chest over the phone or tell what's wrong with you, simple answer they can't. I was spitting up blood for 7 days, had ripped stomach lining in past and though it was a reoccurrence. It was 2 weeks before they see me face to face as it wasn't deemed a emergency, ended up it was early stages of tuberculosis. Point is if they seen me at the start I wouldn't had the problems I still have now. The service from the gp in my opinion went through the floor. Having to explain to the admin who not a doctor your medical issues not on either. They got 8 gp in my surgery, near all are part time, u can't see the same gp twice, how are they supposed to keep track of a patients well been when you don't see the same doctor L. Years ago you seen the same doctor all the time and they knew your history, but they worked full time not a 2/3 day week.

Ok few things. They usually have an admin day where they spend the day actioning letters, coding records etc. 4 days a week 8-6 is a typical working week for a GP (40hrs).

Admin staff are trained to determine what is/isn't an emergency. You need a filter there otherwise unfortunately the slots would fill up even quicker and be filled with absolute crap like I need help with the NIDIRECT covid passport website, I swallowed some mouthwash, I want to speak to Dr X to ask how his son is. You would not believe what people ring their GP for. This makes it harder for real problems to get through.

Also, any doctor will be sitting infront of your full history anytime you speak to them, so don't worry about different GPs.

As for your TB case, were you speaking to the GP at the start? Usually in a case like that you'd be asked to send in a sputum sample, did this not happen?

Like any industry or profession, there are good ones and bad ones. I feel the likes of dentists and hospitals get off lightly compared to GP surgeries. Tried seeing a dentist recently? Good luck. Waiting on a hospital consultant? Prepare for a long wait.

I think you replied to me before that they now see face to face an average of 5 patients a day. The rest are dealt with on the phone.

How does that differ with rhe numbers of face to face pre-covid?

Well it was pretty much all face to face pre covid. So maybe 30 face to face before 2020. The amount of people dealt with in a day is still the same.

I'd guess the question then is(and it wont be answered for some time)
    Are the outcome measures better or worse for those same number of patients dealt with each day now as compared to 2019?
     There does seem to be a wide variation between practices in relation to patient access to GP's. This seems a very common theme.
     Personally i think the GMP system here was under intolerable pressure and close to breaking point even before Covid. Same goes for the wider NHS.
      The drive to privatisation is accelerating.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 11, 2022, 10:06:18 PM
I'm for lion king 4th Feb, it's been indicated to us that it will likely be back to fill capacity then

Great!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armaghniac on January 11, 2022, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 11, 2022, 09:45:43 PM

I'd say they will just add on the full month!!

I'd say that all depends on how the new 'close contact' rule pans out. If numbers remain high then they probably will.  :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JoG2

Quote from: grounded on January 11, 2022, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2022, 02:28:56 PM
Quote from: grounded on January 11, 2022, 02:26:41 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2022, 08:27:15 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 11, 2022, 12:29:33 AM
How's a gp supposed to diganose what's wrong with your chest over the phone or tell what's wrong with you, simple answer they can't. I was spitting up blood for 7 days, had ripped stomach lining in past and though it was a reoccurrence. It was 2 weeks before they see me face to face as it wasn't deemed a emergency, ended up it was early stages of tuberculosis. Point is if they seen me at the start I wouldn't had the problems I still have now. The service from the gp in my opinion went through the floor. Having to explain to the admin who not a doctor your medical issues not on either. They got 8 gp in my surgery, near all are part time, u can't see the same gp twice, how are they supposed to keep track of a patients well been when you don't see the same doctor L. Years ago you seen the same doctor all the time and they knew your history, but they worked full time not a 2/3 day week.

Ok few things. They usually have an admin day where they spend the day actioning letters, coding records etc. 4 days a week 8-6 is a typical working week for a GP (40hrs).

Admin staff are trained to determine what is/isn't an emergency. You need a filter there otherwise unfortunately the slots would fill up even quicker and be filled with absolute crap like I need help with the NIDIRECT covid passport website, I swallowed some mouthwash, I want to speak to Dr X to ask how his son is. You would not believe what people ring their GP for. This makes it harder for real problems to get through.

Also, any doctor will be sitting infront of your full history anytime you speak to them, so don't worry about different GPs.

As for your TB case, were you speaking to the GP at the start? Usually in a case like that you'd be asked to send in a sputum sample, did this not happen?

Like any industry or profession, there are good ones and bad ones. I feel the likes of dentists and hospitals get off lightly compared to GP surgeries. Tried seeing a dentist recently? Good luck. Waiting on a hospital consultant? Prepare for a long wait.

I think you replied to me before that they now see face to face an average of 5 patients a day. The rest are dealt with on the phone.

How does that differ with rhe numbers of face to face pre-covid?

Well it was pretty much all face to face pre covid. So maybe 30 face to face before 2020. The amount of people dealt with in a day is still the same.

I'd guess the question then is(and it wont be answered for some time)
    Are the outcome measures better or worse for those same number of patients dealt with each day now as compared to 2019?
     There does seem to be a wide variation between practices in relation to patient access to GP's. This seems a very common theme.
     Personally i think the GMP system here was under intolerable pressure and close to breaking point even before Covid. Same goes for the wider NHS.
      The drive to privatisation is accelerating.

There was plenty of Health Centres running a triage service by phone long before Covid arrived

Last Man

If we got off our arses more, ate real food(that doesn't mean as per public health and nutrition guidelines btw), drank less, slept more there would be a lot less need for all the gps.

JoG2

Quote from: Last Man on January 12, 2022, 03:03:27 PM
If we got off our arses more, ate real food(that doesn't mean as per public health and nutrition guidelines btw), drank less, slept more there would be a lot less need for all the gps.

Definitely burdened down with repeat costumers

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Last Man on January 12, 2022, 03:03:27 PM

I was enjoying a sausage roll bap when I started reading that, ffs, chucked it in the bin