China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2021, 08:25:52 PM
The amount of Irish folk reading, listening to siding with the right wing these days is very surprising. They really are making hay (someone on here predicted as much at the start of the pandemic)
Can't blame them with all the other gobshites supporting lockdowns

imtommygunn

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 13, 2021, 08:45:41 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 13, 2021, 08:15:00 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 13, 2021, 04:39:56 PM
Am waiting for Unicron and Galvatron to turn up. Then am getting really worried!! 🤔

Reports from Denmark are that the cases of omicron are doubling every 1.8 days which is way, way faster than Delta. What's much worse is that the numbers being hospitalised are also higher than for delta. Even among younger people. Extremely worrying.

It's been a while since I worried about the virus itself! Probably May 2020 was the last time. Working out amongst people all through the pandemic was a God send. Meeting people with so much fear. Day by day being fed a new fear. Anyone losing the fear being loaded by guilt. Anyone losing the guilt being ostracised by Covid pass restrictions. And then just with out and out Blackmail. There is always some new emotion invented around the corner to keep us in our place.

What a load of crap.

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2021, 09:51:34 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 13, 2021, 08:45:41 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 13, 2021, 08:15:00 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 13, 2021, 04:39:56 PM
Am waiting for Unicron and Galvatron to turn up. Then am getting really worried!! 🤔

Reports from Denmark are that the cases of omicron are doubling every 1.8 days which is way, way faster than Delta. What's much worse is that the numbers being hospitalised are also higher than for delta. Even among younger people. Extremely worrying.

It's been a while since I worried about the virus itself! Probably May 2020 was the last time. Working out amongst people all through the pandemic was a God send. Meeting people with so much fear. Day by day being fed a new fear. Anyone losing the fear being loaded by guilt. Anyone losing the guilt being ostracised by Covid pass restrictions. And then just with out and out Blackmail. There is always some new emotion invented around the corner to keep us in our place.

What a load of crap.

From the bunker never got over the teachers getting off.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 13, 2021, 09:40:56 PM
The amount of Irish folk reading, listening to siding with the right wing these days is very surprising. They really are making hay (someone on here predicted as much at the start of the pandemic)

I don't know of anyone who supports lockdowns, I'm for taking the vaccine and moving on, but if this new mutation causes more deaths, then some restrictions need to be looked at, more community testing followed by isolating if infected
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Spoofer John Campbell again

UK, 50% omicron now

https://youtu.be/XzrG3Odgf28

Omicron doesn't care if you're vaccinated or not when it comes to catching it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

None of the variants care, I just don't want to increase my likelihood of having illness when I don't have to or passing it on with a viral load that will possibly cause bigger issues.

Again none of my kids or me or wife have caught it. That's nearly 2 years with it about.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2021, 10:07:48 PM

I don't know of anyone who supports lockdowns, I'm for taking the vaccine and moving on, but if this new mutation causes more deaths, then some restrictions need to be looked at, more community testing followed by isolating if infected
The headcases dont want restrictions or the vaccines when it's clear that we need one or the other. My preference would be that people vax up and we don't need to go in and out of restrictions as they leave terrible uncertainty for business owners and employees, especially around hospitality and retail. I had to use my Covid app last Saturday when out for lunch and not once did I feel like I was being asked for my papers in Nazi Germany.

armaghniac

Norway has introduced some restrictions now. Every place will try and give boosters, but it isn't so easy to get everyone jabbed quickly. The Omicron might not be so serious, but it will infect great numbers and some of these will need medical attention.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Substandard

1209 pages since this thread started.  Every now and then I flick back to the first few pages, then skip along to other parts,  to see how it looked at the outset.
I still tune in here every day, and sometimes read links posted, but I'm tired of it all now.  I did the vaccine, will probably get the booster, I do the mask and hand sanitizing if I go into a shop or whatever,  not necessarily because I trust any of it implicitly,  but simply because the likelihood of it maybe helping to make a positive difference outweighs the alternative of ignoring all these things.
I'm tired of it all now, really fed up.  I wish it was done, but wish in one hand and sh*te in the other, and see which fills up first.  I'm public sector, so haven't had to worry about wages, or where my job is headed.  I can't imagine that kind of stress.  I haven't been directly affected or bereaved by Covid, but I can only try and imagine what those people must think when they see things being said from across the spectrum of opinions about the whole scenario.
Even if it did peter out in the next few months, the legacy issues will last decades.  I see in school how it's affecting the normal dynamics.  Yes kids are robust, adaptable and resilient than might often be portrayed, but it's alien and difficult for a lot of them.  You steer them along as best you can, but in the back of your mind, you're questioning everything about what you are asking them to do.
The entire thing is just a headache.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: theskull1 on December 13, 2021, 10:37:11 PM
Spoofer John Campbell again

UK, 50% omicron now

https://youtu.be/XzrG3Odgf28

Omicron doesn't care if you're vaccinated or not when it comes to catching it

If you reference him as spoofer then I suppose its OK to still post his links but I'd prefer you didn't... I see he is still putting ticks and crosses beside sentences , how great!!!!

I watched his Japanese Inver. which was waffle and another link by bennycake and where he spent a good 5 minutes laughing at 3 pts a report made only to continue reading and see that the report qualified the 3 points like he had spend the previous 5 minutes suggesting... he then created a false narrative like all good spoofers that it made all other research obsolete which the report never suggested... spoofer!!!

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/42c5ff3d-e676-4076-9b9f-7243a00cba5e

How well will Covid vaccines work against Omicron? Two lines of evidence are beginning to confirm virologists' fears that vaccines and prior infection will be less effective at preventing cases of Omicron than previous variants. One comes from lab experiments in which scientists expose blood samples to the virus and measure the antibody response. The other uses "real world" epidemiology to estimate how vaccination status affects the risk of developing Covid. Early conclusions suggest a large decline occurs in immunity against Omicron after two vaccine doses, particularly among people double-jabbed with the Oxford-AstraZeneca product, while a third booster jab works well at restoring most, though not all, of the protection.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Vaccine, new variant, booster, new variant, another booster, another variant, booster, variant....

The conspiracy theorists are looking a lot less whacky as this thing progresses.

Armagh18

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 13, 2021, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2021, 10:07:48 PM

The headcases dont want restrictions or the vaccines when it's clear that we need one or the other. My preference would be that people vax up and we don't need to go in and out of restrictions as they leave terrible uncertainty for business owners and employees, especially around hospitality and retail. I had to use my Covid app last Saturday when out for lunch and not once did I feel like I was being asked for my papers in Nazi Germany.
Felt that way to me tbh. Disgusting.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 09:14:56 AM
Vaccine, new variant, booster, new variant, another booster, another variant, booster, variant....

The conspiracy theorists are looking a lot less whacky as this thing progresses.

A new variant is hardly a conspiracy theory and if you thought delta was a conspiracy maybe you should track the hospital numbers...

lenny

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 09:14:56 AM

Not if you have any kind of understanding of science. Viruses evolve, all scientists were consistently saying from the start that the evolution of the virus was unpredictable. The conspiracy theorists look more and more stupid every day. For example, at the start, many of the conspiracy theorists said it was all media hype and would blow over in a couple of months. They're like the Qanon lunatics, the goalposts move every time one of their predictions is proved wrong.