Podcasts

Started by Soup an Samajiz, November 06, 2015, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup an Samajiz

I was complaining the other day about rush hour traffic and a friend suggested I start listening to Podcasts to put the time in. I checked the Podcast App on my phone like he said and I couldn't believe just how much was there... does anyone else use the app and can suggest a few good channels on whatever subjects...
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

RealSpiritof98

Podcastone.com, a lot of US based stuff but quite a large variety

lfdown2

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7303.0

Second Captains
Documentary on One
The Guardian Long Read

blewuporstuffed

What app do you use on android?

I like the second captains one, would usually listen to it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gallsman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 06, 2015, 10:26:55 AM
What app do you use on android?

I like the second captains one, would usually listen to it.

TuneIn Radio or SoundCloud.

TuneIn is good but doesn't let you download (as far as I know) which is a pain.

PW Nally

My phone always picks out TuneIn radio as being very heavy on the battery, even when not in use.

Tony Baloney

I would still listen to the odd episode of An Irishman Abroad but I think the interviewer is getting progressively worse at interviewing people. The Padraig Harrington one recently was decent though and the Shane Lowry one from a fortnight ago was okay but nothing special as he has stopped really asking interviewees about their background.

The Subbie

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 06, 2015, 01:54:13 PM
I would still listen to the odd episode of An Irishman Abroad but I think the interviewer is getting progressively worse at interviewing people. The Padraig Harrington one recently was decent though and the Shane Lowry one from a fortnight ago was okay but nothing special as he has stopped really asking interviewees about their background.

100% agree, it's got to the stage now where I've quit downloading them but made an exception for Harrington and Lowry.
The first few dozen were great, then after that got progressively worse , everything and everybody was referenced back to standup comedy and if the interviewee WAS a standup comic we were treated to a full on " this is how I write and prepare my stand up"! Boring after a while and to be honest he's starting to get a bit patronising.

Some of the scroobius pip interviews are good podcasts, great interviews.

gallsman

Serial update:

Adnan Syed allowed to present new evidence - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34753646

stiffler

An irishman abroad with jarlath o regan good
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Don Johnson

The Blindboy Podcast is the best about at the minute.

Minder

Just out of curiosity when do you get time to listen to a podcast?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JimStynes

I listen to them on the way to and from work, cutting the grass, doing the housework, sometimes for half an hour before I go to sleep. Basically any chance I get. Would very rarely listen to the radio now. They're great.

JimStynes

Quote from: The Subbie on November 06, 2015, 11:52:00 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 06, 2015, 01:54:13 PM

100% agree, it's got to the stage now where I've quit downloading them but made an exception for Harrington and Lowry.
The first few dozen were great, then after that got progressively worse , everything and everybody was referenced back to standup comedy and if the interviewee WAS a standup comic we were treated to a full on " this is how I write and prepare my stand up"! Boring after a while and to be honest he's starting to get a bit patronising.

Some of the scroobius pip interviews are good podcasts, great interviews.

Jesus he's hard to listen to. He gets a lot of good people on to interview but his voice and his slow long drawn out way of asking questions is annoying.