Depression

Started by Eamonnca1, October 25, 2013, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Wheels seriously off the wagon this week. Having a complete mare at work and home life is mental with 2 kids under 5 and a pregnant sick wife. Haven't felt as low as long long time. But there is always hope, many a man would love to be in my shoes.

Keep the faith lads, we'll get there.

bannside

This can be a tough oul time of the year PaddyJohn and by the sound of things you've got your hands full both at work and at home. Keep the faith...you mean the whole world to those children!  Theres plenty on here could help you so just pm anytime and we can see if we can help lift those grey clouds in some way. Good times will come man, trust me.

seafoid

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 22, 2019, 06:48:06 PM
Wheels seriously off the wagon this week. Having a complete mare at work and home life is mental with 2 kids under 5 and a pregnant sick wife. Haven't felt as low as long long time. But there is always hope, many a man would love to be in my shoes.

Do you ever record the kids? It's a great distraction and a fabulous family record for the future.
Keep her lit and best of luck.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 22, 2019, 06:48:06 PM

Hang in there pj. A great distraction and something to lift the spirits is get down on the carpet and play with the wee uns. Snakes and ladders, toy cars or wrestling about.

paddyjohn

It's a gather up of stress over the last few months just taking its toll. Thankfully I'm in a better place now to deal with it, the kids and Mrs PJ are superb. I'm blessed to have them with me.

Cheers for the well wishes lads, we'll get there. 💚💚

marty34

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 22, 2019, 10:14:30 PM
It's a gather up of stress over the last few months just taking its toll. Thankfully I'm in a better place now to deal with it, the kids and Mrs PJ are superb. I'm blessed to have them with me.

Cheers for the well wishes lads, we'll get there. 💚💚

I back up what Bennycake says there PJ - my 2 lads and I were in the middle of floor this evening playing a game of snap.  You know the one where all cards are face down and you have to pick 2 to match e.g. 2 tractors etc. Simple but great craic.

paddyjohn

A few posts back I said my wife was expecting number 3, well we got the dreaded news this week that we lost the child. Gutting and devastating news for us both after the loss of my mother during the summer. I've reached the lowest of the low again but I'll get there.

Keep the faith.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 05, 2019, 10:11:35 PM
A few posts back I said my wife was expecting number 3, well we got the dreaded news this week that we lost the child. Gutting and devastating news for us both after the loss of my mother during the summer. I've reached the lowest of the low again but I'll get there.

Keep the faith.

OMG, I'm so so sorry for your loss, man. That must be awful.

BennyCake

Sorry to hear that pj.

Stay strong. Be there for each other over the next few days and weeks.

Rois

Really sorry to hear that. If you can get your hands on the Irish Times magazine from last weekend, there's a really powerful article in it on the topic of this type of loss. You are not alone.

Taylor

Sorry to hear that PJ.
Tough times.

Ensure you keep talking to people about it

grounded

Hang in there PJ, things will turn the corner for you all. As the lads said keep the lines of communication open with others.

small white mayoman

Sorry for you loss Pj can only imagine how you feel . Don't know why I feel the need to post on the forum but the black dog has got a grip of me and probably has for quite a while though I didn't want to admit it. i have sought help but it's not easy , things appear very bleak at the moment , to the outside it would appear that I have an ideal  life but the truth is my heads is  in turmoil, used to love Christmas but really dreading this one .
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Hardy

A great TED talk.

'If you are depressed, you're not a machine with broken parts, you're a human with unmet needs.'

tbrick18

Quote from: small white mayoman on December 11, 2019, 07:48:58 PM
Sorry for you loss Pj can only imagine how you feel . Don't know why I feel the need to post on the forum but the black dog has got a grip of me and probably has for quite a while though I didn't want to admit it. i have sought help but it's not easy , things appear very bleak at the moment , to the outside it would appear that I have an ideal  life but the truth is my heads is  in turmoil, used to love Christmas but really dreading this one .

Keep the head up and just take one step after the other. Christmas can be a very stressful time even when not suffering from depression, so give yourself a break. Keep talking and forget about what the appearance is to the outside world, we have no control over that. Just keep things focused on your self, your health and your family.
With help and talking, it will get better.